1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA.Com] Rockets Back to Spinning Wheels Again

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J-Wolf, Jul 14, 2014.

1. finsraider

finsraider Member

He's wrong.

You play big or not at all. Our goal is to win championships.....not make it to the 2nd round because we were "loyal" to our players.

2. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's Blinebury. He has an axe to grind with the Rockets. This is just his shtick. He never lets an opportunity to **** on the Rockets pass him by.

3. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

This article is sad but true, there's no denying it. As "smart" as Morey is and people swear him to be, his approach has not resulted in any real substantial success.

4. rocketsmetalspd

Wasn't this guy with Houston Post? 1994-1995 Dweeb! The Rockets will end looking like Kings once they win the title next season.

5. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Never thought about it that way. :eek:

6. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Then you scratch your head and wonder why we can never resign our "assets"

7. langal

langal Contributing Member

i guess this is true. But if Bosh had accepted, then Morey would be a genius. Easy to bash after the fact.

I do not like keeping McHale. Most of the other moves that backfired were not due to bad judgement imo.

8. conquistador#11

people are getting on fran, so did I back in 2011, even logged on to his blog to leave a garm like comment on it. but last season, he wrote a lot positive things about houston.

9. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Dammit, championships? You run into a risk of losing Howard if the team sucks in next two years before winning a second round.

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

He doesn't have that kind of thinking on offer, like so many of our doomsday posters. Maury should have, er, seen into the future and not made Parsons an RFA! He should have some potlucks and build family and stuff. Derp.

11. superpro

superpro Member

can't agree any more.
    there is a reason that the Sir Charles has an issue with Houston.
    the culture needs to be changed so that the players and ex-players, and fans can commit to something in Houston.

12. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

Blinebury is only one with any sort of credibility. Feigan is just a mouthpiece for the rockets and just go rah rah.

13. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I'm sorry that my current GM's goal is a championship and not simply advancing one more round in the playoffs.

14. BinBinRingRing

Its good to be under the spotlight.

15. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

Truth

16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

You know what you have to do first in order to win a championship. Get past the first freaking round! We've done that once in the last 17 years. I may be going out on a limb, but that's probably the biggest reason we haven't won a title since 1995.

I don't have a problem with an organization always looking to improve. But the Rockets didn't improve this offseason. They got worse. And despite the seemingly never-ending string of moves they have made over the last 2 decades, they have virtually no playoff success to show for it.

What was so crazy about bringing back the starting 5 from a year ago, trading away Asik and Lin to clear cap room, and using that extra money to pick up 2 or 3 solid role players? Morey claimed during and after the Portland series that we were a mere coinflip away from winning. Wouldn't another year of experience and continuity coupled with some additional depth lead to that coinflip going in our favor next season(at least in the first round)?

Fran Blinebury is absolutely right. He's being harsh and acidic in his criticism, but Morey and Les have earned it. And not just for the events of the past week, but what's happened with this franchise for nearly 2 decades.

17. Fantasma Negro

Pretty much how I feel, can't calculate chemistry. The doors on the team keep swinging so much there's no ability to form continuity. We didn't need to go after all the free agents. If Morey was able to see the forest for the trees I'm sure he could have taken his time and scoped out s deal for Rondo or Love or Milsap, someone that would just put us over the edge. There is a such thing as too aggressive and this summer Morey blew his load too early, now he's gotta clean the stains off his pants and humbly get back to work.There are still moves that can improve this team's chances of winning that can be made

18. tanviraman

tanviraman Contributing Member

I'm willing to listen. You or Morey prove that to me using numbers and facts.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=256641

19. finsraider

finsraider Member

The Spurs have let tons of players walk throughout their decade plus of success. Their constants? Parker, Ginobli, and Duncan. Everything else has been a swining door. The vast majority of their current complimentary players have been their 3 years or less.

20. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Stopped reading when I saw the word "Spurs". Anyone comparing our situation to theirs is not worth reading.