1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Feigen: Rockets not expect to seek major free agent moves; short term contracts only

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 13, 2014.

1. Bigsupervise

Bigsupervise Member

I'm sorry but trading Parsons for Ariza is a win in my book, he's a better shooter from 3 and a much much much better defender. Stop being all emotional, Parsons had to go once he decided to be a model and stop playing defense.

2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

How was he undervalued? Seriously how was parsons undervalue? He signed a 2nd rounder contract.. And he was given a chance to prove how good he was. And Morey let him,out of his contract a year early. How wAs he undervalued? Because we tried to go after Melo?

3. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

True. It's hard to have any emotional attachment to the Rockets when it's a constant revolving door with players. There was something special about the Olajuwon, Horry, Cassell Rockets vs this lame attempt at the craps table.

I bet the 76ers win a championship before the Rockets with Morey do.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Who's word?

5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I'm in the camp of not matching, even more so after Ariza signing.

6. haydenfisher342

7. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

well i am pretty optimistic about next season, i think Terrence Jones can take a big step, i love Nick Johnson, Trevor Ariza is a great pick up also

we just need a few more veterans off the bench.

people say Robert Covington should get more of a go, here is his chance

Dwight will be much better than last season, imagine having the playoff Dwight all season

8. haydenfisher342

people think we actually going to play Nick Johnson? Morey/Mchale never play first year players almost ever. He will play in the D league next year, sit on the bench the next, play the year after that and dominate, then sign a 4 year contact with the mavs

9. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

If the plan is 2015 free agency, why back-load Ariza's deal? Now he makes $8.2M next year, when you could have had him on the books for only $7.8M with standard raises.

Clearly the plan is 2016 free agency.

Or 2017.

:)

10. J Hard

J Hard Member

morey got that shiny object syndrome. fat dork or whatever he's referred to better start operating this franchise smarter and more effeciently, smh.

My respect for the guy definitely is not what it used to be.

You can NOT operate a franchise that is win now mode as if you are a potential lottery team, smh.

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

You joke, but that IS the plan. Kevin Love in 2015. And if the Rockets whiff on him(and they will), Durant in 2016. Les and Morey just will not let it go. Even after this offseason ended in disaster with Lowry, Melo, and Bosh(him for the 2nd time in 4 years) all saying no and losing Parsons to a division rival for nothing, they're still hellbent on saving caproom and treating everyone on the roster as an asset in order to go after another star.

They could've kept last year's nucleus, traded Asik and Lin, exercised Parsons' 4th year option, and used all that caproom on 2 or 3 quality free agents, leaving them with a young, up-and-coming team with the best depth in the league. Instead we gutted last year's team, having nothing to show for it but Trevor Ariza, and are now desperately clinging to the fantasy that some big-name free agent will sign here in a year or two when no one wanted to come here this offseason(or in any other offseason save for Dwight in 2013).

3 people like this.
  12. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I hope <a href="https://twitter.com/dmorey">@dmorey</a> is on a call with <a href="https://twitter.com/DwightHoward">@DwightHoward</a> and <a href="https://twitter.com/JHarden13">@JHarden13</a> doing a bunch of 'splainin
    <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ParsonsToDallas?src=hash">#ParsonsToDallas</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/2015capflexility?src=hash">#2015capflexility</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/waittilnextyear?src=hash">#waittilnextyear</a></p>&mdash; Alfred (@_derfla76) <a href="https://twitter.com/_derfla76/statuses/488461526894792704">July 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. spankz141

spankz141 Member

Offseason is not over. We would not be contenders if Morey matched Parsons. I believe Morey will sign players that keep us in contention and keep our flexibility....no need to panic.

14. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

maybe the new plan is the next tradeline
    we will have a lot of space in trade exceptions plus a lot of expirings plus a lot of seconds + NO pick

15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Painful, but there's much truth here.

16. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

This is getting ****ing embarrassing that Maurry is always pining after retreads. What's next? He's at the door of CP25 in July 2016? Lin key to a championship campaign 2018?

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

can Clutch please sticky this post like on the front page?

18. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Uhh. There are 2 Rockets on the USA squad. Perhaps you've heard of them? Dwight Howard and James Harden.

19. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Can we have a countdown clock to next year. Seems like the FO is already given up this year. Why spend money on this?

20. buck711

buck711 Member

I agree.