1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Feigen: Rockets not expect to seek major free agent moves; short term contracts only

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 13, 2014.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Always nice to see your team willingly throw the season as well as their star player's prime away for the possibility of getting somebody at least a year from now...

I love Morey...but Jesus he couldn't have done worse with this one...

2. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Ok I'm infuriated now. This is the same crap we did with Yao and Tracy. Waste their good years.

Nobody is signing with us next summer

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

And they're putting their chips in for next year...LOL. They instill such a winning atmosphere with the way they concede defeat...I'm sure people want to come here.

4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Houston: where two top 10 players isn't enough to win with.

2 people like this.
  5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Very upsetting. We lost our best asset for absolutely nothing. Huge screw up by Morey. No other way to put it.

6. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

so we're wasting a year

so much for morey saying that he and les are competitive people.

we might as well have tanked in 2010 and 11

no difference in acquring harden/howard when you're not prepared to spend money to win

carlisle and parsons...morey will swallow his words

7. conquistador#11

i'm adding into the equation that the west will have an 8th seed that has 50 wins this season. without parsons we struggled. lin won us games when others were missing. ariza alone can't make up for that. I guess we can look forward for the future recruiting of durant and blake griffin maybe get heavily engaged only to be left at the alter.

8. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Yeah I do think he is going to have to be aggressive in trying to trade for these guys that are going to be free agents next season. Can't risk missing out in free agency.

If he waits for next offseason and fails again to bring in a big name then Morey would likely be done here.

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I'm totally checked out now with this team. I'm in total disbelief, so much hope last season, no hope now

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The spokesman of the Rockets is here to educate the illiterate masses.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

And more short term contracts next year; gotta hold off on waiting for Durant in 2016!

Don't worry, there's always next year!

LOL

At what point do you stop chasing and start building and keep it together?

12. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

This is truly terrible. We won 54 games and could have returned that starting lineup and had Trevor Ariza, allong with the MLE and BAE option off the bench in an 8 man rotation.

F*** you Morey and **** you Leslie Alexander. I can only imagine that Howard is furious and I am sure we will enjoy his last 2 years with us.

13. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

morey ****ed up (1) believed all the bs in bosh melo lebron. idiots. he even thought he could get dirk (2) McHale is still here (3) left parsons to be restricted (4) did NOT match on parsons.

14. King901

King901 Member

You can determine that the Clippers should be thrown in the same boat, so dont feel too bad.

15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Dude...we preached the flaws of this r****ded ass approach the entire season but even I didn't expect it to blow up this bad. I doubt Morey's cult will hold him accountable..."Parsons bad!! He take more money!!

16. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

If they have no other decent moves for this off season other than signing what we already have, I'm done with Morey.

Dwight will be pissed about next year, although professional and still try his best. But that won't be good enough with this team/coach to win it all.

Harden won't give a freak except for keeping his numbers up (less to share with Parsons) and getting ready for a future big contract with another team.

With Morey's decision to bring back McHale, and now losing the gamble on Parsons, I'm starting to back away from supporting his plans....unless something DRASTIC happens real quick.

I know he was close to BOSH/PARSONS, but close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

17. finsraider

finsraider Member

18. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Yep....what does Dwight Howard think of all of this?

19. Aaron_D

Aaron_D Member

Yep. Swung for the fences, whiffed and are now completely punting on 2014-15 and a year of D12's prime. Waste.

See you guys in a year, I guess.

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

How can you be this annoying in every thread.. calm down...