1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mavs sign Chandler Parsons to 3-year, $46M offer sheet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 9, 2014.

1. afk

afk Member

So Morey is still trying to get that 3 star...

2. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

You're not paying anything stop making it seem like the money is coming out of your pocket.

3. dje243

dje243 Member

This is Leslie Alexander being cheap through and through. When teams don't build around stars the stars leave. In two or three years we're gonna be a 500 team gain.

4. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

Nah it's gotta be synthetic. You can't tell me D12 isn't saying to himself, thank god I have that opt out on the horizon.

5. hooroo

hooroo Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rockets were torn over decision, source said, but ultimately decided they would not be a championship team and would have no room to build.</p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/statuses/488441845018787841">July 13, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...ch-parsons-offer-sheet/#24500103=0&24999101=0
    so morey's saying the rockets aren't a championship team so they'll sit out this season?

can't fault dwight if he tells the rockets he won't re-sign after this season ends. pretty much a k.love situation coming ahead.

6. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Is not coming out of yours either is it?

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

dan fegan the mastermind

8. puppytigers

puppytigers Member

And this is how we will lose Dwight too.

Dwight's the guy I feel sorry for the most. He trusted us with the best years of his career, and carried the team on his back during the playoffs. Yet we still lost against a weaker team, retained the coach responsible for the loss, and traded away our 3rd-4th-5th best players.

Ironically, our only hope of keeping Dwight after 2016 is if he values money as much as Bosh and Melo do.

9. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

10. Remii

Remii Member

Not really. Howard only came here because it was his best option but not necessarily because he wanted to. He was stuck between a rock and a Kobe.

11. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

people really believe that howard came here for parsons?

12. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Yes, really.

We created a spot that made a superstar max free agent pass up the longer deal with more money to come here.

Did the same thing this year, but no one bit on leaving the money other than Lebron.

13. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

It's ClutchFans.

14. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

no but howard has acknowledged time and time again that cp is the reason he is here.

cp's tenacious recruiting got through to him.

15. Remii

Remii Member

If you go to the games it is. This is the same cheap ish he pulled on Olajuwon.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

He came here for Kevin McHale I thought!

Wait, it was Parsons!

Wait, it was Harden!

Wait, maybe it was all of the above?

Wait, we're all just guessing!

:grin:

17. hooroo

hooroo Member

He came here to win.

What was the purpose of signing here when Morey just admitted in his own words the Rockets aren't a championship team and they're preserving salary flexibility for 2015 free agency.

There was a rumor Dan Fegan didn't want Dwight to sign here because he didn't believe Morey could build a championship team. Guess who will be in Dwight's ear now?

18. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I don't think I would have minded had Parsons went to nearly any other club...but the fact that it was the Mavericks really gets me upset. I only hate 3 teams, and those three are the Mavs, Portland, and Utah. I also hate the Lakers but everyone outside of Cali does too so that doesn't count.

19. Remii

Remii Member

He came here to get away from Kobe. I don't think he will opt out in two years and go to Dallas, but if they're not competing for chips in two years I just bet he opts out and won't resign here.

20. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Les has to pay the luxury tax not me or you or anyone else here on this board. I'm not saying that Les is not cheap but the notion that many have here of opening up someone elses pocket book is funny to me. Bottom line Parsons does not make us a contender. I will miss him just like many others but in the end the right thing was done by not matching. I saw this coming when Parsons signed that contract with Cuban at the club. I got the sense that we would never see Parsons play for us again. We will be fine though.