1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sleepyazn, Jul 11, 2014.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's your impression .

I dislike fake rockets fans and I love the 99ers

If I love a ford mustang, do I hate dodge challengers ?

If I love Star Wars do I hate Star Trek ?

It's in your head pal, you make assumptions

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You're complaining about members taking parting shots at Jeremy, yet this post is just as disruptive in this thread as their posts might be. You are also making some broad generalizations and insults that aren't serving you well around here.

We should wish Jeremy well and wave goodbye. All this other crap, from "both sides," in quotes because members have their own opinions and shouldn't simply be lumped with others, just detracts from the purpose of this thread, showing Jeremy our appreciation for his years with the Rockets.

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

Star Trek blows.

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Lin is gone!
    [​IMG]

5. tinman

Supporting Member

No it makes you superior. You are an individual and not part of a brainless mob mentality. If people want to watch basketball based on race, then there's the Olympics .

You have high standards for what a Rockets guard should be, and it's not race or fame, it's skill.

anyone who hates that watches basketball for the wrong reasons.

6. Sherlock31

Sherlock31 Member

You must not a Rockets fan because if you are, you sure watch Harden plays.

7. skychaser

skychaser Member

Who are we to tell others what are the right and wrong reasons for watching basketball? The world would be a better place if we learn to respect each other and learn to let go

I have a lot of respect for Clutch and the old timers here and the Rockets is one of my favorite teams ever since the early TMac days. However, you with your level of trolling is really at a league of your own. I find it very annoying at first but then I start to feel bad for you. If your behavior on CF is any indication of you in real life, don't you hate to live in this world where people hate troll? Don't you wish to live in a world where you get a dollar for each time you troll? You would be a zillionaire in that world. I feel really sad for you.

8. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

You're right. Everyone does know who is the worthless poster. Look at my rep, and look at yours. Also, making fun of the mentally disabled is also in poor taste. Why not throw some homophobic slurs at me too? You'll fit in beautifully at the laker fan forums.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Yes. I watched him dominate in the past two regular seasons and make first team all-NBA. :rolleyes: But yeah you're right HARDEN SUX AMIRITE?
    Harden >>> Lin. Come on man, this is why nobody respects LOFs. Delusional comments like these.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

Red watches the Rockets because that's his team PERIOD. He actually welcomed Jeremy Lin as a Rocket, but as soon as he found out that he wasn't very good, he wanted him gone so the team would be better.

That's right in my book.

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I can't believe I wanted Lin more than keeping Lowry/Dragic.
    The fan favorite novelty wears out fast if you don't perform.
    Ugh.

Difference between someone like Lin and someone like Scal is that Scal never played, and had absolutely no expectations set for him. (Albeit, Lin is obviously much better than Scal)
    The hype and the brainwashed fans will forever make Lin one of the most polarizing players in the NBA.
    I wanted to root for Lin, I really did. I defended him his first season, but had a hunch that Linsanity was merely just a fluke.

The consensus here was he needed room to grow/develop. But I mean come on that's an argument for a rebuilding team. The moment we got Harden, Lin was no longer the priority.
    Lin is in a better situation now and so are the Rockets.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

He's a Rockets fan. I question if you are.

When the topic is Lin and you switch it to Harden, then sounds like a certain type of fan.

There is a Harden thread for opinions on Harden. Harden is a franchise player despite how bad he played against the Blazers.

Oh you know we were in the playoffs last year too against Oklahoma City, care to compare Lin vs Harden on that series too?

If you actually watch the Rockets , you would understand his point of view.

13. Sherlock31

Sherlock31 Member

Where did I say Harden sucks?

14. skychaser

skychaser Member

Lin is not as good as we expected, I get it, everyone with an opened mind, including most of his fans, gets it. But no one can wake a person who is pretending to be asleep, just like you can't put the idea of Lin sucks into his extreme hardcore fans (minority of his fan base, maybe some trolls). What's the point of trolling them on this particular thread? Show us you are a decent person which I believe you are in real life. Let's show some appreciation of Lin on THIS thread if we are to post anything here. :)

15. traveler

traveler Member

Lin was consistent at picking up his dribble in traffic. I like consistency.

16. Sherlock31

Sherlock31 Member

Yes, Lin turns the ball over a lot, and he is inconsistent, but he's also a fine all around combo guard, a good weapon to have off the bench, put those LOF aside, I just don't understand why people are so happy that Lin's gone and we don't have a good replacement for him.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

How do you know that? Is Canaan ready to step in as the backup? We still have room to sign a backup point guard

it's the excitement of new opportunity

18. jamphus

jamphus Member

Where's the "room" to sign another qualified point guard while we don't really have one?

19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

@Thrirty2Zero would fit nicely here. He has done so before.

20. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

I think it did Lin well to be here. He shot a career best as far as percentages, his 3 point shot improved the most in his time here. This might not been perfect place but it helped him work on his weaknesses and will be better for him moving forward. I believe he is a more dangerous player now and smarter than before. Good luck with the new team, though I am not going to root for the Lakers I am certain you will move forward in a good way personally.