1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clos4life

clos4life Member

Yeap. It was time to go spread his seed in a town he hadn't before.

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

3. meh

meh Contributing Member

4. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Once the Asik deal goes through, offer everything we got for Dragic. Everything.

5. reliableman

reliableman Member

Why would an insider sharing that we plan to resign Parsons be detrimental to the FO's plans? Every FO in the league should be well aware that we plan to resign him. If we don't it means we are getting something big...which is kinda out the window already.

6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Dragic would be huge, even at his level when he was a rocket, nevermind what he did last year. I'd give them anything they want outside of the big 2.

7. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Funny that in a thread for cyberX, it is roe4Christ who's been active.

I'm just glad we have insiders who can ease the anxiety of fans. The FO is working hard; that's all we can ask for.

Morey and Co. had to do a lot of scrambling, similar to the aftermath of Stern's aborted deal. These are the times that show the stellar quality of our FO. Go, Morey!

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

What I want to know is, what's going on between Dwight and Parsons? He comes to play with this guy and now he's possibly leaving after a season? Did Dwight just tell him to do what's best for him like he's been telling every other FA? Did Parsons do it because he expects Morey to match and that was the only way to get the max from him?

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

What's the logic in retaining Parsons after signing Ariza? That is locking up a bunch of money in one position because neither guy can play PF. T-Jones will never be a championship-caliber PF unless he's surrounded by a superteam.

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

Wait, where's the Dragic thing coming from? Bledsoe I can understand, but I can't imagine Dragic's on the table for the Suns.

Also any GM that makes his decisions based on a random poster on a fan site should be fired immediately. :grin:

11. atamirisa

atamirisa Member

I don't understand why anyone else here is talking. Go make your comments in another thread. Cyberx should be the only person allowed to comment here

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

It's better logic than expecting a championship caliber PF to sign with us for ~$7mil/yr. Because that's how much capspace we'd have by declining this.

But if you have someone in mind, don't keep it to yourself. Tell the Rockets so they can pursue him.

I'll wait.

13. Crank

Crank Member

Parsons came up short during the blazers series.wrote checks that his play didnt cash on the court. Its unbelievable we actually going to match. I think its to keep D12 happy in all honesty.

14. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I'd say both. Dwight telling him to do what's best and thinking we will match. We all know Morey likes to get the max out of players for the least amount of money possible. It's a business mindset. The NBA is a business.

15. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Cool. Seriously, that's all any of us needs to know before tomorrow midnight. Don't worry about posting on here- much appreciated, though.

16. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

He answered a question from a fan on twitter saying basically "No, I'm not mad at him, he did what was best for him".

I'm sure after what he's went through with the whole FA thing, not to mention knowing the differene between someone like himself who's always made big money and CP, who never has as of yet.

17. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Well, another way to look at Parson's contract (if we do match it) is we underpaid him for his first 3 years. So the $46M contract is like paying him $7M plus a year. Similar to the big contract we gave to Scola.

We just need to get as much value on the team before our flexibility gets locked up by Parsons' contract.

Anyway our championship hopes are tied to how Howard performs so if Howard and Parsons are locked up for the next 2 years, that's still the best scenario. If they both walk, we just retool again.

18. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Suns just got Isaiah Thomas in a trade from the Kings. 4/28$

19. Htown's Finest

Like others have said it would be to keep Dwight happy. I would have loved to have seen the look on the faces of Dwight, and Parsons when they find out that Houston signed Ariza for 4 years / $32 million dollars. I'm sure it was priceless. Dwight said on twitter that Parsons was not gone yet so one would think Parsons and Dwight both want him here in Houston. I believe what King Drew said about Howard pushing the team to keep Parsons because he knows its a great possibility that his buddy is in DTown next year. They probably just expected Houston to match his offer and that be it. But Morey is always in control.

20. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Right now? No idea. But you never know during the season, near the trade deadline or next summer. Matching Parsons reduces or eliminates flexibility to improve going forward.

Why sign Ariza if Parsons remains the starter? Seems like very expensive depth for a limited player who had a career year when his contract was expiring. How much you wanna bet he never again shoots 40% from long range in his career?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.