1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to 4-year, $32 million deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 12, 2014.

Tags:
?

Do you like the signing of Trevor Ariza?

1. YES

610 vote(s)
    78.2%
  2. NO

170 vote(s)
    21.8%
  1. Drew_Le

Drew_Le Member

We need 2 more things,
    1) A shot-creator off the bench. Man, if we got rid of Asik and threw the rest of the money at Llull, I'd be ecstatic. I know it won't happen, though. Augustine might work too. He went to HS in Houston after being displaced by Hurricane Katrina. He could be our Patty Mills.

2) A good defensive big man to add to our rotation. Is that guy Capella? Or is it a vet like Okafor or Birdman?

2. HighlightReel

HighlightReel Member

Now let's upgrade the PF spot.

Plenty of options to pursue:

On the market: Chris Andersen,

Via trade: Paul Millsap, Thaddeus Young, Ryan Anderson, Ersan Ilyasova, Taj Gibson, and Amir Johnson.

3. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

He played really well and could be a good fit. Still hoping we match Parsons, but having Parsons and/or Ariza match up on bigger power forwards seems like we'd just get squashed down low even with Dwight down there. Here's to the Clutchfans classic catch phrase, In Morey I Trust.

4. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

I would rather let Parsons go at this point. $15M per YR is a ridiculous amount for Parsons. Where would he play? The 4? We already have an undersized 4 in T-Jones. He would most likely come off the bench and we were already paying Jeremy Lin that and we traded him. Yeah CP25 is much more consistent but still I definitely would not pay him that. Maybe now we can make an offer to Monroe or Bledsoe.

5. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

Barring a huge coaching change I don't see any other option but the Rockets matching Parsons deal with Dallas. He's a huge part of our system and without him teams are going to be able to be able to lock down Harden much quicker. With Parsons at least you have one more ball handler who can take some pressure off of Harden, I don't see Ariza as being that type of player.

I think Ariza's game is a good fit in Houston though, at 32 million for 4 years, he's at a good value. When he was first signed here, he was asked to develop his game too much out of his comfort zone. It's probably not coincidental that Ariza tends to excel when he doesn't have to create for himself and has only two jobs to do, spot up and shoot & play good defense. (perhaps it being a contract year definitely helps too)

Matching Parsons seems a little odd because we'd be really overpaying Parsons' market value, which should be 8-10 million a year. Then again we signed Scola to that crazy contract when we shouldn't have so who knows what Morey will do. We have until Sunday to speculate. :(

6. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I like this move Ariza is solid especially if we match Parsons. The small ball lineup McHale likes to use will look better with Ariza in there and it will give D12 that much more room to operate inside.

7. pass_to_Hakeem

Great deal I think !!!! He's making less than Jordan Hill per year lol

8. Rocketman03

Rocketman03 Member

In Morey we trust. Its a great fit! He's a better 3 point shooter than Parsons and defender.

9. BOOM-SHAKA-LAKA

The only way I could see Morey bringing in Ariza was on a steal, so to me this all but confirms Parsons will be matched.

10. howardsucks

howardsucks Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/iwMFJ00XJJ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last year.

11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I hope we re-sign Parsons and send his ass to the bench.

1 person likes this.
  12. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I like DJ here as a back up. He could be a very nice spark plug off the bench.

13. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

Bye Parsons.
    LES alexander lived up to his name.

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Well, I don't want to beat the point down again after doing so all day yesterday, but that is what was wrong with the 3rd star nonsense. You can't put all your hopes on the chance of "x" player and "y" player specifically doing this and the choosing to sign here. Too many variables, way too much risk involved for a team that needs to win now. A solid roster with a stretch 4 would have complemented howard really well and made us a contender, we didn't need a 3rd star. TheFreak, cheke, count_dough_ku, smoothie, GoRox, me and so many others have been saying this for over a season.

Also, to all those that were so opposed to the Asik for Bass/Lee trade last year, that would have been much better and it shows now.
    Yea, I'll wait and see till we're done before I speak. Even though I have a lot of I told you sos piled up, its too early and we've been through a lot over the last 24 hrs.

1 person likes this.
  15. haydenfisher342

yep yep yep, whole lot of yeps on this post

16. domd221

domd221 Member

He was lights out from the three point line, especially in the second half of the season/playoffs. Hopefully since he won't have to be the man this time he'll be our 3&D guy we need badly.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Now that I think about it, didn't Frye get the same contract with the Magic?

18. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

He never said trade him right away....

19. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

see ya parsons

20. -Rockets

-Rockets Member

cant wait for more posters
    <object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/-PLiPW2x7XY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/-PLiPW2x7XY?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>