1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Didn't Morey learn from the first time, might as well sign Lance Stephenson to play SF.

2. izeroi

izeroi Member

Splash?

3. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

The main upside to this for me is simply to screw with the heat now.

4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

That wouldn't be bad if we added like a Taj Gibson or significant power forward to those two players because then we would be tougher and better than last year.

Playoffs...
    I'd take Ariza over Parsons
    I'd take Augustin over Lin
    I'd take Taj Gibson over Asik

5. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

More like drip

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The fact that we STILL have not heard on a final decision by Melo likely means that Melo is trying to create options for himself that are better than his currently readily available ones. He's not ready to just pick from the menu just yet.

These "better options" probably require salary cap maneuvers and/or a sign and trade agreement involving NY, CHI and possibly other teams. These are probably difficult to negotiate-- otherwise, we would be done already and Melo would have signed somewhere.

Houston may or may not be involved, but it is one team that, until the Lin + Asik deals are finalized, has the ability to take in one, and possibly two, HUGE contracts-- and I am talking about one Amare-sized contract or possibly two Boozer-sized ones. So, Houston can help facilitate if it chooses to; and has an incentive to try something creative before the Lin/Asik trades are finalized, thus reducing the flexibility created by these trades down to a couple of trade exceptions that cannot be combined with anything else, and (if it chooses to do so) Parsons' offer is matched, thus taking away the use of that $19M in cap room previously reserved for Bosh.

Plenty of teams had cap space coming in to the offseason, but many have used theirs and I don't know how many has remaining flexibility to take on contracts to the degree that Houston, for now, can along with the willingness to participate in a deal with NY and CHI at the price that they might be willing to pay.

7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I know it's not splashy but remember Chris finch has a strong relationship with Deng from the national team. Deng can light it up, I find him to be a better player than parsons wouldn't be upset with both and flip one later.

8. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Augustin >>>>>> Lin

Deng>>>>>>>Parsons

9. izeroi

izeroi Member

I'd put dj an lin in the same boat. Both make so so decisions, both have obnoxious to's, but both can score and pass about the same.

I like parsons but the guy just doesn't play D like he needs to. Deng does and does it for cheaper. Plus he can score when needed without needing the ball all of the time.

They're def. not Bosh, but for a good price I'd take them of course.

10. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

If we signed Deng I see us matching Parsons. Deng can play PF with TJones coming off the bench.

11. HOUSTONROCKETS5

I prefer Parsons over Deng to be honest.

12. treeman

treeman Member

We do need a backup PG now... Augustin would fit that bill nicely. Ariza... Depends upon contract.

13. Karolik

Karolik Member

Deng in chicago was better than Parsons...

Deng in parsons? Not so much.

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

If the Rockets are having "advanced talks" with both Deng and Ariza, the Rockets are not likely having "advanced talks" with either of them.

At the very least, the talk with neither Deng nor Ariza isn't "advanced" enough for the Rockets to stop talking to the other one.

My guess: Morey is trying to figure out what exactly the market for these guys are--- whether either of them can be signed to a contract that is substantially more favorable than Parsons' deal before deciding what to do.

He can keep Parsons, sign one of Ariza/Deng, or do both or neither.

15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I didn't know Chandler and Luis were so close!

16. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

na DJ is better

If we get Deng we let Parsons walk....he isnt worth that kinda money spend it elsewhere preferably the bench

17. sabesque

sabesque Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>ESPN sources say Rockets appear to be out in pursuit of Luol Deng but remain in the hunt to try to sign Trevor Ariza away from Wizards</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/487990649669844992">July 12, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I don't think it's that simple. Parsons, while overpaid, is still a valuable asset. If we are already capped out or close to it, we should just match and flip him down the line. If he ends up playing to the contract (BIG IF) he could be a value to us and especially to other teams.

19. sabesque

sabesque Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>ESPN sources also say that Miami is making progress in its pursuit of Luol Deng to team him with Chris Bosh and soon-to-reupped Dwyane Wade</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/statuses/487990844067434496">July 12, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I like the idea of keeping Parsons and adding Deng. We can run them both in a semi-small ball line-up at times as both have good length. Just need flex for 2016, because Durant seems to be our best shot at a 3rd star.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.