1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Bosh Commits to MIAMI

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HoustonTexas, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Know Your Role

Tmac, Vince Carter, and Paul Pierce. 1990's basketball is back?

2. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Although it may surface later, we cant know right now what degree of assurance Morey had from Bosh.

I agree Asik was gone no matter what. But it maybe the case this applies to Lin as well. I think many would agree we can get a better player for 8.3M than Lin.

3. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

he already won 2 rings and is getting paid lol. pretty sure he's gonna chillax in miami now.

that's the thing with verbal commitments they dont mean anything. JKidd did the same and didn't Fisher also do that?

4. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Hope bosh tears his ACL

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol exactly.

Few guys put winning first ahead of money.

Lebron, Duncan, Dwight, Dirk...these are guys that actually care about winning more than the extra money. Understand that they are rich MFers already and extremely fortunate to understand that they get paid millions to play a game that people play for fun and recreation.

Thankfully we have Morey, a guy whose always aggressive and looking ahead and planning. With Bosh it's the same as Melo, if he doesn't want to be here he doesn't want to win.

6. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nice summation. Completely agree.

7. boiler

boiler Member

Wow, classy, really classy.

8. redefined

redefined Contributing Member

I'm no expert in law, but would promissory estoppel hold in court on the basis of reasonable and justifiable reliance on bosh's verbal commitment? I dont think NBA will rescind the trade or make bosh sign with Houston, but there should be some compensation from the heat.

9. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

I ain't saying this wasn't a surprise to DM, but I guarantee he already had the next step planned. I expect he'll sign as many people as he can for 1 year each, then match on Parsons at the last minute. Outside of something like bringing Llull over, we'll be a notch better than last year, but we won't get past the WCF.

10. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

What the hell is Miami thinking anyway? They didn't beat the Spurs WITH LeBron, and now they're supposed to get far without him? Chris Bosh is a good player but he cannot lead that team. Like the pressure is on Parsons, so too is it on Bosh.

11. Possum

Possum Member

Of course he took that offer. Who wouldn't have? No one should be mad at Bosh. It's that leather faced grease ball Pat Riley that panicked and made an absolute ridiculous offer that everyone should be mad at. What a horrible horrible move. Does nothing for that team, NOTHING in the way of making them respectable.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm a person that's allowed to have a decision guy, that's who I am. I need no other excuse than that.

Also it's pretty clear that Morey had some kind of assurance here. He does not give up 1st round picks or young players easily. He just doesn't.

13. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That 5th year is a lot of money to just turn down for "winning". Especially when you have already won. Bosh is 30 and knows he isn't getting any better. Getting that guaranteed money through age 35 is nothing to turn your nose up at -- already rich or not.

14. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

Nah, no way. As far as I know the Asik trade isn't even official right?? So how could they signed Bosh tonight anyway?

15. photojoe

photojoe Member

This sucks. It feels like it's fake.

Stupid Miami.

1 person likes this.
  16. dude1394

dude1394 Member

A lot of money. And without Lebron and probably diva there should be quite a few dollars to spend. I wouldn't be surprised to see Miami screw up Dallas desire of trevor ariza. Miami beats houston/Dallas by a pretty long shot.

17. Raven

Raven Member

Bosh is chasing money, good for him. The lesson here is to rebuild through trades, because free agent stars are too unreliable, and you need some degree of predictability for long term planning. Morey should sign some solid role players, then match Parsons, and then patiently wait to see what Minny does with Kevin Love.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Hate Audrey Plaza:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/chrisbosh">@chrisbosh</a> STAY WITH THE HEAT! CAVS TO THE SLAUGHTER!!! DRINK BLOOD OF THE UNLOYAL! rileyrileyriley!</p>&mdash; Aubrey Plaza (@evilhag) <a href="https://twitter.com/evilhag/statuses/487719642765328386">July 11, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. wiseguyX

wiseguyX Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Chris Bosh will soon speak to coach Kevin McHale, moving closer to a commitment to the Rockets, source tells Yahoo.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/487670582629380096">July 11, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

this might be where we screwed up.

1 person likes this.
  20. Remii

Remii Member

He was willing to be the 3rd wheel with Miami again if LeBron stayed. The power forwards in the west are vicious...

But he already has his rings, been to 4 straight finals, and now he gets to continue cashing fat azz checks on beautiful south beach. He's a wine and cheese laid back type dude. Not everyone is trying to get a bunch of rings like Jordan.