1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sleepyazn, Jul 11, 2014.

1. sleepyazn

sleepyazn Member

This will be my 1000 post. Goodbye Lin and I hope you succeed in your next team.

2. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

Goodbye LOF's

3. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I was never so happy to see a player I really like go - and that's for two reasons... Let's hope this thread is not premature.

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

Just wasn't the right fit for you. Really respect your character and beliefs. You have got to "get it together" on the basketball court. Maybe the right system will do the trick.

1 person likes this.
  5. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

He's a good guy, had some bright spots but ultimately never really fit with this team. Going to Philly will be better for him and for us. We are trying to win a title and Lin still needs to develop his game. Perfect situation in Philly.

6. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Good bench player, but he's got to clean up on those bonehead errors to get to the next level. And to the good LOFs, its been nice having you guys here. To the idiot LOF/LOHs, GTFO!

7. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Good guy, inconsistent but good player, attracts a horrible fan base. Have fun in Philly

8. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

I like you. You are a good guy, but it didn't work out. Best of luck. Just don't kill us next time we meet.

9. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Goodbye Lin.

10. ric_flair

ric_flair Member

Epic 1000 post. It was written in the stars for you

11. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Jeremy Lin you'll be miss...kinda.

I'll still watch some of your games.

But I won't be rooting for you when you face the Rockets.

Goodluck!

12. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Thanks for all the effort you gave and hanging in there through all the ups and downs. Unfortunately, it just didn't work out as good fit. Hopefully you find success in your next team and your lunatic fans don't drive your next team's fan base insane.

13. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Lin was good but overpaid. Hope he stays in the NBA for a few more years.

14. amak316

amak316 Member

Love him or hate him, he's a big reason the team is where it's at. I'm a firm believer that he's a big reason Harden agreed to sign an extension as he made the Rockets media relevant in a year where they had no other star power. I'm not sure Harden would have signed a max extension for a team like the bobcats with no buzz factor.

Also without Lin who was a major contributor 2 years ago we wouldn't have snuck into the 8 seed (he only needed to be worth 1 win that year to be difference maker) and wouldn't have been relevant enough to get Dwight. Regardless of the assets it will cost to unload ultimately a bad contract, I think he was a net positive on the organization.

15. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

I like Lin, a lot.

The man is humble with passion. Good player but unfortunate to be on the same team with Harden, who also needs the ball and has little defense.

Lin will be a solid starter with some of the issues solved. Best luck, buddy.

16. Rocket Freak

Rocket Freak Contributing Member

Should have called timeout Lin! No hard feelings. Good luck to you my Brother.

17. Snorkin

Snorkin Member

Thanks for the hard work Lin. Hopefully you find your stride in Philly.

18. Karolik

Karolik Member

Great guy, hated the baggage you bring with you and the drama you bring to CF.

Will kind of miss it too though :eek:

19. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Am I dreaming? Lol good luck lin, you are a good guy, the way free agency has turned out, you are forgiven

20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I loved him as a person. I was indifferent as to his play. I am thrilled his fans can go torture another fan base. I feel bad that he has attracted the type of fans that you would expect for Justin Bieber.