1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets "heavily engaged" with Chris Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 6, 2014.

?

Do you like the Rockets offering a full max deal to Chris Bosh?

1. YES

778 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. NO

318 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. Throttle

Throttle Member

the best option for rockets is to do nothing n make sure the same guys from last season stick together.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He came off a bad season with a new team who misused him and put him out of his natural position.

His career average win shares with the Hawks is 5.4, good for 5th on our team.

His career average is 13 shots on 15 points, which is very normal.

He's a career 28% 3pt shooter (Bosh is 31%), not its not good, but it's better then nothing, he's a respectable enough mid range shooter to draw a man away from the paint, which is all he needs to do.

The whole headcase thing and locker room problem is a BS label he got from demanding a trade with the hawks, his teammates love him and say he's great. Howard is also considered a head case and problem, yep thats been a real problem. Btw Howard and Smith are good friends, instant chemistry between those former AAU teammates.

4. traveler

traveler Member

no

TJ will not improve enough to handle the top PF we have to face in the west. I know many like him here but he is not going to take us deep in the playoffs for years if ever.

Josh Smith is playing out of position and as a 4 he can handle the west PF's. As you say yourself he brings the defense but he will give us 18 PPG easily and he doesn't take that many 3's a game really. He gets the ball anywhere he can take it to the basket strongly and score. He is a beast. And he matches up with Howard well. And he is cheap enough that we can keep our assets we all love for the future. Good enough that we can maybe go for some bench help. In a couple of years 14 million will be cheap.

5. traveler

traveler Member

no

He averages 3 3's a game. For this team that is a low amount.

6. traveler

traveler Member

yes

Do that and we are out early. TJ is not going to improve enough to be a force.

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Clippers, Blazers get stronger, Thunder and Spurs are still better, and we should just do nothing?

That's not Morey's thing, the one thing I hear him say the most is " We will constantly try to improve our roster to make us closer to contenders. We aren't contenders yet.

8. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Please stop talking about Josh Smith. I beg you.

9. traveler

traveler Member

10. daytripper

daytripper Member

Yeah I think that's the most likely outcome here.

11. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

SIGN AND TRADE??? Heck NO! :mad:

12. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

I don't think we're getting this dude...I don't think we can even sign him to a full Max contract anymore...we have to turn our attention to Rondo

13. Swishh

Swishh Member

I'm feeling pretty pessimistic right now. How is Morey going to maneuver all of this in just 2 days? The Pelicans trade is on hold since they don't even have the cap space to bring in Asik. Then there is the Lin trade that is supposed to happen ( I assume tomorrow) . I assume Bosh would want some time to think over his decision as well. Can all of this be done in 2 days? Yes. But is it likely? I dunno...

14. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

let morey do what he supposedly does best. he needs some redemption for putting us in this situation.

15. Swishh

Swishh Member

This is utter BULL**** - you sound clueless.

16. rokit

rokit Member

not his fault, whole league was expecting lebron to announce his cavs news yesterday

17. i3artow i3aller

Would love to see Murray's face if and when he pulls this off.
    [​IMG]

18. tzou88

tzou88 Member

Prepare to be disappointed, since Lerbon is looking to top The Decision Pt.1 with the Decision Pt.2 by waiting forever.

19. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Woj will sleep when he dies

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>My latest story on LeBron James, Cavaliers' belief they were on cusp of commitment and Miami's bid to hold on. <a href="http://t.co/qGtQndFDcD">http://t.co/qGtQndFDcD</a></p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/487539338612604928">July 11, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. roe4christ

roe4christ Member

Just got word from an extremely reliable source that the decision will be made sometime tomorrow prior to 5:00pm EST and we will be very happy with the outcome. Believe me or blast me, up to you. Just passing along the information.

3 people like this.