1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mavs sign Chandler Parsons to 3-year, $46M offer sheet

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 9, 2014.

1. vator

vator Contributing Member

15 million dollars for a 15 PER...smh.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Scenario with most lulz:

Bosh signs in Houston
    Rockets do not match Parsons offer (sign some other SF journeyman instead)
    Rockets beat Dallas in playoff each of next 3 years and win NBA title
    Morey bathes in Parsons/Cuban tears

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. conquistador#11

dre? is he referring to Aj#80? when did this happen? i've been glued to the garm and wc brazil forums. i guess i should go over to the texans to see what all this is about.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

There is. I think it's about $81 million.

5. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I know the NBA has a soft cap... :rolleyes: There is a hard cap at around 80 million that's triggered if you do certain things. I read the Zach Lowe article and it seemed like what Bima said would not be the case if we have 4 max contracts.

6. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Bosh signs with Houston
    Morey waits 3 days to match Parsons
    Ariza and Deng are off the market in that span
    Dallas stuck with an old SF
    Profit

7. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

why? because he didn't do what YOU wanted him to do? cry me a river. Morey would trade him in an instant if it meant improving the team.

8. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I like this.

9. EgRiFf08

EgRiFf08 Member

Can I just say Cuban deserves a round of applause for the epic trolling he has done?

Signs Parsons to an offer sheet of 46/3
    Rockets now have 3 days to match
    If Bosh doesn't sign within 3 days, they can no longer give him the max
    This puts pressure on LeBron to make a decision in order for Bosh to make his
    If LeBron's doesn't decide in 3 days, Bosh either signs with the Rockets, or misses out the opportunity to sign for max money

This is great.

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

To the last point I agree. That's what pissed me off last night and why I thought it was a b**** move, but who knows what Morey was offering.

Also, to your bolded part I agree the trio itself is better, but our depth is getting slaughtered at the expense of adding 1 player. Granted, most of it was **** for depth, but Morey's hands are kind of tied having that much locked up in 3 players under the CBA.

We have no back up point guard, no small forward of any kind (there isn't even a SF we can acquire on the free agent market either), no back up power forward, and no back up center. Hopefully, we can magically keep T Jones.

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

1) Signing the contract at 12AM in da club with Cuban and his doucher friend and posting it on twitter is quite douchearific.

2) Morey did him a HUGE favor by making him an (R)FA a year early.

He's not a douche for getting paid, he's a douche for how he's handling it.

1 person likes this.
  12. midway

midway Member

**** that, Rockets or Mavs, no matter who he plays for next year, he's getting booed for pulling this ****.

13. Hou Utd

Hou Utd Member

Yeah Andre Johnson....so there's that!

14. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Chandler got greedy so unless Morey was craiglist lowballing Chandler is a scumbag

15. jedicro

jedicro Member

Did Chandler post the picture?

I'm not saying he's not being a douche, but all we know is that he signed the best available contract. I'm not gonna villainize him just yet.

16. haydenfisher342

Personally I think Morey offered him the money, just not the player option, and this is what its all about

17. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

If Cuban didn't do it, someone else would have. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Chandler Parsons, 6 years 48 million. That's what we're going to be paying him for. Come on people, our window is NOW. Don't take your hate out on Chandler just yet!

18. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

So we get a compensatory 3rd rounder? What? It's July, it's almost time for football!

19. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

How is there a hard cap at 81 mil but the nets have like 194 million dollars in contracts? lol

I know basic cap stuff, im no bima. I didnt even think there was a "hard" cap in the NBA.

20. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

The hard cap only applies if we do a SnT for Bosh (or if we use the full MLE or whatnot, not really an issue here for us). If we clear the room to outright sign Bosh, then re-sign Parsons, there is no hard cap issue.

The problem with clearing the cap is how hard it will be to do that...if Bosh is ADAMANT on the full max. If he's willing to take a couple million less a year, then hey, might still work out.

Seems though that Parsons has forced our hand, and if Bosh wants what he was promised from us verbally (only), then we might have to relinquish our rights to Parsons to clear his caphold and sign Bosh...