1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets "heavily engaged" with Chris Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 6, 2014.

?

Do you like the Rockets offering a full max deal to Chris Bosh?

1. YES

778 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. NO

318 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

You do understand that signing parsons with our cap money doesn't make us better right?

If Les is willing to pay the L-Ta, x then why not sign Bosh to replace Asik and then resign Parsons with the bird rights?

The cap is doomed regardless because of D12/Harden/Parsons.
    It's now or never for the Rockets.
    Add a 30 yr old Bosh to this team makes us a contender to win it all.

2. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

I get that. I look at it like this, besides Harden who is our legitimate second scorer in crunch time? Many will say Howard but that is not why he is here. Howard is here for defense and offense but he still does not have a defined post game. Parsons is great, but I look at him more as a swiss army knife, more of a jack of all trades type guy. Now there have been many times where Parsons has came up big for us but Parsons is not a scorer, he is a shooter. Harden is the only scorer on this team and when you have the chance to add a top 5 PF in the NBA then you have to attempt it. Morey has shown time and time again that he can find cheap talent. But guys like Chris Bosh don't come around everyday.

3. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

4. vu21socko

vu21socko New Member

1 person likes this.
  5. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I dont doubt Bosh's fit on our team or his ability be the third best player on a championship team... I just dont think he is worth the Max, I didn't think he was worth the max in 2010 and i damn sure dont think he is worth it now.

6. htown7829

htown7829 Member

Here's my question. If we have to release all of our non guaranteed contracts besides Beverley to sign Bosh to the max, and we resign parsons, who in the world are we going to sign to fill the bench? Will we have any money to do so?

7. sabesque

sabesque Member

I think i'm going to retire from Free Agency after this one. My head hurts.

8. SS0101

SS0101 Member

I think you and I are on the same team here kid. Signing parsons this year is gonna cap us out for a while rather we sign bosh or not...therefor I am in favor of signing bosh bc he is our best chance at an impact FA which we need right now.

9. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

it doesn't matter man! We got a big three and thats what everyone wants!

To bad a team beats a big three, we have seen it twice over the past 4 years.

1 person likes this.
  10. micah1j

micah1j Member

You could probably re-sign each one to the minimum that they were on in a day or two.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think it's that I don't see Bosh as a top 5 PF in the NBA. I'm not a big fan of soft players and Bosh is about as soft as it comes. What is going to happen to him when he leaves the Heat and he no longer gets the calls? Shying away from contact and flopping is a major part of his game. I've seen games where he couldn't back down Tony Parker.....that's not a PF that gives me confidence.

12. HTown5933

HTown5933 Member

OK, not being worth the max is a LOT different from "a bad player".

Others have stated why it shouldn't matter right now, unless you're Les.

You will be happy if we get Bosh! We'll agree to check back in a year or two. :)

13. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

[​IMG]

14. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

Exactly lol!

15. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

The volume is important, too. He shot 3 per 36 minutes at 34%. 5-6 attemped threes at 36% would be a great spot. Anything higher is gravy.

For comparison, Channing Frye shot 7 threes per 36 minutes at 37% which helped take Dragic's game to another level. Frye's OXRAPM: 3.78.

16. Tdugs710

Tdugs710 Member

I don't think Bosh is worth the max either, but since overpaying is pretty much the only way to steal him away, so be it. I'll just trust that the FO can operate around this in the future if it comes back to bite us somehow.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Damn, so signing Bosh will only lead to two titles???

18. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

We have Howard to bang. As for as flopping goes well I agree 100%, that needs to be taken out of the NBA.

19. Nook

Nook Member

We have also seen a big 3 WIN two championships and go to the Finals....

I don't know about you, but I would take that every single time.

Also, IF Bosh comes to Houston it will most likely be in a S&T which will net us two other rotation players with the MLE and LLE.

Last year the PF position was the biggest weakness on the team. I think sometimes people forget just how BAD our PF's were, especially defensively.

20. So Good

So Good Member

lol seriously...

Since when did winning two in four years a bad thing.