1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets "heavily engaged" with Chris Bosh

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jul 6, 2014.

?

Do you like the Rockets offering a full max deal to Chris Bosh?

1. YES

778 vote(s)
    71.0%
  2. NO

318 vote(s)
    29.0%
  1. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

You pay Bosh 20 million because its better than paying a middling player like Hayward 15 million. When you go chasing mid level free agents you almost always have to overpay and they end up being considerably worse than allstar players.

2. SS0101

SS0101 Member

Call me crazy...but striking out this season would have me more worried about Dwight opting out than us being legit contenders instead of fringe contenders needing one more piece.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'd try to swing a trade for Kevin Love and if that couldn't happen I'd center the search on building a quality bench.

4. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Meh. Bosh doesn't have the injury history and doesn't rely on athleticism like Stoud did.

5. OmenXYZ

OmenXYZ Member

Morey said when Howard signed that Harden and Howard are sort of co GMs, so I'm sure he has talked to them about Bosh to get their opinions.

6. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

please don't feed the deranged LOF. just trying to mix up some mess since lin is on block next to be traded and he has no care for the team anymore

7. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Bosh is a bad player and i will stick by my assessment... he was nowhere to be found this year in the playoffs.And if Lebron James, the best player n the world, can't get the most out of Bosh what makes you think we can?

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

top lol, yeah let's just not sign anyone and still not have a powerforward going into the season, meanwhile let's tweak the bench a little bit that will help.

9. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Except Amare had too many injury issues, which greatly hurt his athleticism (what his game relied on). Bosh has an old man game like Dirk. He can still be pretty effective when he is older.

10. Orange

Orange Member

Cool we know your position now STFU

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's fair, but they are both fake tough guys and I could easily see Bosh getting hurt and nursing the injury for an entire season. Also, if on the current Rockets roster assuming Asik is gone, he's still not the second best rebounder on our team. I just see him as a really soft player entering the twilight of his career who wants to be a 3 point shooter so that he doesn't have to work anymore. I don't think guys like that will last.

12. Nook

Nook Member

A few points......

Chris Bosh has a true shooting % of 59%... that is extremely high... essentially when he takes a shot, very very good things happen.

Concerning rebounding, the Heat have him play away from the basket, his rebound % of 64% is almost as high as Dwight Howards, it is higher than players like Blake Griffin and Marc Gasol... it is very good.

Defensively, Bosh is extremely high by virtually all measures.

Do not confuse a low usage rate for being a bad player.

13. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

yeah my username is really indicative of a LOF... if by LOF you mean Lowry only fan.

anybody willing to pay bosh 90 million is just desperate and we are not franchise that should be desperate!

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The numbers for 2015-16 are now projected to be $66.5 million (cap) and $81.0 million (tax cap)

We'd be fine.

15. boiler

boiler Member

[​IMG]

16. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

This. And I can't imagine a 4 better suited to play our style and alongside Dwight.

17. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

I agree with you to some extent, but why would someone become a 3 point shooter because they don't want to work? That takes a lot of work and effort (to become a good 3 point shooter)

18. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

or perhaps we could keep a team together for once and let the young guy who showed a lot of promise (T Jones) grow into his role...

19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Anybody not wanting Bosh, or calling him a "horrible" player doesn't understand basketball. He's the definition of what the Rockets lack right now. Also, why on Earth would we be worried about cap flexibility in 2016 if we have a chance to build a Big 3 NOW?? The only reason you care about cap space is so that you can acquire stars! This is ridiculous.

20. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

And you think anyone willing to pay lin 15 isn't an idiot?