1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    EAST FINALS GAME 4 -- can the Pacers avoid being swept? Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Sources: Rockets have eyes on Rondo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 17, 2014.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I believe Rondo gives us more Spur like offense, which is to say, always-looks-the-same-but-definitely-isn't. He allows you to play the same way throughout the game. And his thinking outside the box will rub off on his teammates. Good passing has a way of doing that. It's so infectious.

2. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

Say what you want, good or bad about Rondo, but i would trust him with the ball in his hands late in the game as a playmaker

3. darmor90

darmor90 Member

This is the best comment on Clutchfans this year. Hands down. You win. Morey get this man a job.

4. Raj Da Dodge

Raj Da Dodge Member

Morey please get Rondo!!!! By any means necessary w/the exception of losing Parsons...I've been wanting him since day 1 more than Melo been saying I want Love or Rondo and not Melo but if we got Melo fine but I really want Rondo!!!

5. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

man that boy nick is right on the money. When you judge additions to the roster based on a team's style of play, your bound to make a flaw in your judgement. First of all, talent wins. Second, when you can get a player as dynamic and influential as rondo, you do it no questions asked. sure he's not the best shooter and technically his style of play does not "fit" with our team's style of play, but when you really look at what a player like rondo can bring, it's an obvious upgrade to a team like the rockets, who need a leader, game manager, facilitator and all star talent like rajon rondo. Im totally supportive if were in fact interested in rajon.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://bostonherald.com/sports/celtics_nba/boston_celtics/2014/07/danny_ainge_plays_cool_customer

[rQUOTEr]What hasn’t changed is that the Celts are still looking for ways to swing a major trade that will get them back into the playoff picture sooner than their current track would suggest. (And, no, according to a source connected with the marketplace, they have not contacted free agent Lance Stephenson or his representative.)

One of the reasons the Celtics are said to want to acquire a high-profile player now is that it would keep them from having to take Rajon Rondo to the market. There are certainly teams around the league that covet the All-Star point guard, but three general managers said yesterday the Celts would struggle to get full value for Rondo at this time.

But while the first order of business for the Celtics is to find a star to pair with Rondo, the present situation indicates that if they did have to look more seriously into another home for the 2015 free agent, they will wait into next season to do so.[/rQUOTEr]

7. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

With Rondo as the teams quarterback PG the rockets would have a fresh Harden come playoff time (Harden looked spent against Portland) and he makes guys like Terrence Jones ect. much better. They won't even sniff at a championship with Beverly, Lin, Canaan ect. running the point.

8. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I'd be down for some Rajon Rondo on this team. I've been a supporter ever since the rumored trade for Parsons. We probably get out of the first round last year if we make that deal, but I'm actually glad we didn't so we would have more options (Melo, Bosh, Love) this summer, even if they don't pan out.

Problem is, now that we declined Parsons' contract, there isn't an easy piece that the Celtics would take. Hopefully they've lowered their asking price.

9. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

Sorry but we're not getting Rondo without giving up Parsons and Jones. Which, as I stated when the rumors first started, I'd be ok with. I'm just unsure of how a Rondo Mchale relationship would work out. Who draws up the plays for our offense for Rondo to execute? We dont have a true system in place.

10. qetwr111

qetwr111 Member

Is there anyone the Rockets don't have an eye on?

All these stories tell me is that HOU might have the most leaky front office in the NBA. Even the tiny whimpers are getting out to the media

11. Remii

Remii Member

Who said the Rockets have the "right style" of play...???

If we could get Rondo and Kelly Olynyk for Parsons, TJ (preferably D-Mo), and draft picks _ I would rather do that than give Bosh $100 million for 4 years.

12. wekko368

wekko368 Member

So instead of being deficient at only the 4, we become deficient at the 4 AND 3 with only a marginal upgrade at the 1? :rolleyes:

13. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

LOL @ Rondo being a marginal upgrade...

14. mario_v

mario_v Member

Rockets are better off signing Aaron brooks than getting rondo.

15. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Rockets are better off keeping Tjones as starter than signing Bosh.

See...I can say stuff taht doesn't make sense too...:cool:

16. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

^^^^This is just stupid

17. wekko368

wekko368 Member

He hasn't proven himself to be fully recovered from his knee injury, and he's a disgustingly bad shooter. Since we can use Harden to run the offense, you can actually argue that Rondo is a downgrade from Beverley (in terms of how he'd mesh with the Rockets).

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Just going to add that we have scorers and shooters. Rondo, despite being a poor shooter himself, would orchestrate our offense like Bernstein conducted the New York Philharmonic. Our guys would get the ball in the spots they're most effective at and the ball would move and move quickly, or Rondo would know the reason why and raise hell, no matter who screwed up. That's putting aside his ability to drive to the hoop, or his defense. I'd love to have him, but he's hardly my first choice (or second, or third, etc.).

Definitely an impact player with the Rockets if healthy. Is he healthy?

19. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Rondo not fully recovered is an upgrade over the PG's on our roster. Close to 100% and it's not even close.

20. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He is a very good midrange shooter.