1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As Carmelo Anthony leans toward leaving New York, Chicago and Houston emerge as frontrunners

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jun 14, 2014.

1. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Yes, I believe so. Otherwise, Rockets would keep Lin.

2. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

Bosh looking like a great possibility

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Chris Bosh's reps have made recent calls on market to reconfirm that max slots would be available to him, sources tell Yahoo. Answers: Yes.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/statuses/485470728477630464">July 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I think Morey has been focused on him as well

4. realmustang

realmustang Member

Only problem is that he doesn't have Kobe, Shaquille, or Michael this time.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Would you rather have Love minus assets (Parsons NOP pick) or Bosh AND keep those assets?

That's the thinking.

6. SS0101

SS0101 Member

Leverage

7. DREAM ON!

DREAM ON! Member

I dont feel like Bosh is worth the full max. though he does fit the rockets better at PF

8. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

All of a sudden, the Bucks want to jump in on this Lin dump-athon, so yeah my opinion is I think something could be happening. This new development coupled with how I thought this would be the day that something would happen, the same day Howard announced his decision last year.

I am hooked into the laptop today. Bouncing back n forth between my twitter feed & CF. 1.5 hrs til Nick Johnson SL action....:p

9. ksny15

ksny15 Member

What would the max be 22?

10. meh

meh Contributing Member

Read Woj's tweet closely. It says the Rockets have the deals lined up. This has been true for weeks now. Morey himself has said the Rockets have deals lined up to create max capspace.

Now, if Woj actually says "Rockets seeking more offers for Lin" or something, then it would imply the Rockets are immediately dumping him and doing a last-minute check to make sure there are teams with better offers.

11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Marc SteinVerified account‏@ESPNSteinLine ·
    As ESPN reported late Thursday, Houston already courting Bosh in anticipation of Melo staying w/NYK. Must trade Lin to make Bosh big offer

12. meh

meh Contributing Member

I'm more than happy for Miami to re-sign Bosh for near max money. It would mean that should the Rockets be blessed enough to advance to the finals, the finals itself would be like clubbing baby seals.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Love.

He stretches the floor and actually is willing to bang in the post for rebounds. Really I want no parts of Bosh.

He's a good player and he fits, but at this point in his career he's a Small Forward and I'm just not sure he's worth the Max and more importantly worth our shot at a championship because he'd be the last big move we could make for some time I think.

Melo or Love (or maybe even Rondo if that is still on the table) Bosh doesn't appeal to me much.

14. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

What reports are those?

15. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I'll take it anyway I can get it.

16. Fantasma Negro

Bosh doesn't deserve the max, not after his performance last season. He fits a need but not on a max contract. I'd rather sign Andre Blatche or get T. Jones a trainer LoL

17. Karolik

Karolik Member

until a lin trade actually happens, I won't believe we're getting someone.

18. sabesque

sabesque Member

Stein's twitter feed. More concrete than "Rockets claim to have deals lined up"

19. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Same as LeBron. Right around 20

20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Howard and Bosh are perfect for each other... better than Nene and Gasol lol