1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As Carmelo Anthony leans toward leaving New York, Chicago and Houston emerge as frontrunners

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by t0mdotcom, Jun 14, 2014.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

This guy doesn't have a clue.

2. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Bwahahahaha!!! :grin:

And people think Rockets fans are delusional for thinking they could get Love for some pretty good young players and a treasure trove of draft picks!

What the hell do the Knicks have to offer? Iman Shumpert (in the last year of his deal), Tim Hardaway, Jr. and some inflated expiring contracts? The Knicks don't have nearly the draft picks the Rockets have.

This is simply comical.

3. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

This guy is an idiot... I hate lazy reporting

They have 0 chance of trading for love

4. haydenfisher342

5. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Yes and then they will be able to give LBJ the max and also trade for Rondo.

6. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I don't understand how people like this get high ranking jobs.

7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Can someone please tweet him, and ask him how the wolves let him tweet utter non sense out.

8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Fools will placed in high places during the end of days.

9. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

And sign MJ in his prime years.....game over.....just send the Larry O on over and be done with it.

10. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Jesus, you are entering troll territory.

11. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

i'm in a back and forth with him right now. He does have a point in which now he just keeps yapping about how he said they will make a run at Love and that doesn't mean the trade is imminent.

12. Play07

Play07 Member

How is it lazy reporting ? He's telling what he hears, he keeps saying warriors, rockets, and Knicks want to trade for love.

But this is the 2nd time he says he doesn't know how the KNICKS will be considered.

- anything can happen if LOVE forces the hand & Phil wants k.martin, & hardaway Jr. Goes on the table, Knicks also have expirings

13. Fantasma Negro

When Carmelo goes back to New York there is a more affordable option that's a better fit for this team...
    [​IMG]

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Source: Melo may take less than max to re-sign with <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Knicks?src=hash">#Knicks</a>, who have appeared to quell his last concern <a href="http://t.co/AGw54h9nd9">http://t.co/AGw54h9nd9</a></p>&mdash; Marc Berman (@NYPost_Berman) <a href="https://twitter.com/NYPost_Berman/statuses/485454062465204225">July 5, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. cdain3

cdain3 Member

Can he play pf?

16. sabesque

sabesque Member

I struggle to imagine what Phil's plan is turn NYK into a championship contender the year following missing the playoffs in the east. Is he going to sign Pau for 3mm? Who else is out there? Who do they have to trade?

I wouldn't blame Melo for going back to NY if its about family, city and money. But if its about being a championship contender next season, I just don't see it.

17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

If he stays in NY he will never see a ring

18. Play07

Play07 Member

There are plenty of teams that will take Bargs expiring contract if Phil throws in hardaway JR... FYI, that's why Phil knows he could get gasol.

- we talk about how easy it is for the Rockets to make room etc, it can happen with Knicks easier especially if we're not giving up parsons. Young SOLID players on rookie deals with 3 yrs left make trades happen easier than a unknown PICK

19. SS0101

SS0101 Member

I agree, he would be a nice alternative if we are dead set on that type of player at the 4 (smaller, more swingman type of PF). However, I think other than Melo (for his superstar status), we are more likely to take our PF needs into a more traditional size direction with Love or Bosh being our next targets. I also don't know that the correct word for Deng would be "affordable."

20. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Yes he will!!!!!! Phil has a few he can show him!!