1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin Jersey BS

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by colts_1994, Jul 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. MichaelG281713

Lin doesn't belong in the NBA. That's all there is to it.

He'll be gone soon, and Rocket fans can live in peace again.

Holy ****! Thanks a lot Les, you old b*stard. You threw us under the bus, to please ungrateful LOF's. Learn your lesson and never do this again.

1 person likes this.
  2. HoopFan

HoopFan Member

Morey is too cold a businessman. Ever since he took over, Rockets has not not yet attracted any big name free agent except for DH.

3. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

What in the f are you talking about?

Yao's final days everyone was sad. On top of that people praised the hell outta Yao for that Lakers series and were thinking man if he stayed healthy we'd have won it that year.

Lin isn't in a hateful environment. He has too many LOF (like you apparently), and he is not NEARLY good enough. It's essentially a smaller version of Tebow, not that either guy was bad, it just gets annoying.

4. basketballholic

I cannot wait for the last stupid Jeremy Lin thread.

5. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

They just aren't as good as all the hype.

6. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Sad thing is Morey brings back point guards every two years... or tries to... (See: Brooks, Aaron; Lowry, Kyle)

1 person likes this.
  7. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Oh btw, Please pay me 15 mil a year, you get to do whatever you want with my jersey number.

8. Cloudx9

Cloudx9 Member

Lol, guess its not just clutchfans. The Lin thread about this on realgm is already 14 pages long. This is seriously like the basketball Tebow!!!

9. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Well played.

10. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Maybe Melo gets asked "How come you didn't pick Houston to play for" and he says

"You know I just didn't have a good feeling about playing for an organization that would have me pictured using the number of player that was on their active roster, I wouldn't liked it if a team did that to me."

11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Yes because winners whine about there number all the time. I could totally see Shaq turning down the Lakers because 32 was already taken and retired. Oh wait, he didn't.

12. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I don't blame the Rockets for making the poster. I also don't blame Lin for feeling slighted. Yeah it's business but it doesn't mean it makes it any easier. For all his time here it's not like he's been pouting or made a fuss after moving to the bench.

Can't really compare this to Bev (or other similar instances) because Bev knew he was staying and the unwritten rule is you always defer the # to the star player. Tough to get booted twice because of a douche though.

Hopefully everyone can get over it and move on quickly: media, Clutchfans drama (you know you love it), and Lin.

13. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

That was pretty funny.

Have not attracted a single big name free agent except a future hall of Famer.

:grin:

14. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

The media is making this way bigger than it should be. Bleacher report has made 2-3 posts about it already and ESPN sent out a breaking news notification for it lol

It's really not that big of a deal.

15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Tick tock tick tock can't be long now!

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

On one hand, the controversy shows other teams the clout Lin ha$

On the other hand, it also shows how high maintenance his fans are.

Better play that well Morley.

17. topfive

topfive CF OG

Wanna bet me $25 to the tipjar that he's not on the roster next season? And if there are no plans to have him on the roster next season, why is it important in the slightest that his jersey number be held sacred?

Seriously, I could understand it if we were talking about a long-time Rocket, or one who had lead them to some degree of success, but we're talking about a guy who was a starter for one season, then a backup for one season. That's it. Jeremy Lin, great guy though he may be, was not a player whose jersey number needs to be treated as an important object. Hell, Rafer Alston and Matt Maloney played a bigger part in the success of the franchise than Jeremy Lin ever did.

18. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Why aren't more people mad that Omer Asik took SF3's number? SF3 basically built the Toyota Center (with all the bricks he took).

19. Lunik II

Lunik II Member

I love Jeremy, but if you can s&t for Lowry and sign Melo, then you do it!!!

20. James88

James88 Member

The Houston Rockets do not give a ****. Why is it hard for you to understand? Lin will be gone if they get Melo or another big name to sign. And if they have to bring Lin back for another year, no one on the Rockets really gives a **** what Lin thinks. He's irrelevant. Give him some apology, and he'll continue being the b**** he has been.