1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's the EAST FINALS Game 2 as Tatum and the Celtics host Haliburton and the Pacers. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Texans release Sam Montgomery, Cierre Wood and Willie Jefferson

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Oct 21, 2013.

1. So Good

So Good Member

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Patriots sign Cierre Wood to the PS.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Third former <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Texans&amp;src=hash">#Texans</a> player added by NE this year (Jones, Davis) MT <a href="https://twitter.com/FieldYates">@FieldYates</a>: Patriots have added RB Cierre Wood to the practice squad</p>&mdash; AdamWexlerCSN (@awexler) <a href="https://twitter.com/awexler/statuses/397781109611589632">November 5, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And this is where the Patriots turn him into a semi-star RB :p

3. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

man i wish we still had wood

4. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

http://gwdtoday.com/main.asp?SectionID=2&SubSectionID=41&ArticleID=30503
    [​IMG]

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

6. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Sonic Sam looks baked in that mugshot.

7. Nook

Nook Member

Ask the owner.

8. AFS

AFS Member

The officer must've been ****ting himself while handcuffing Montgomery. Can you imagine trying to put cuffs on an NFL lineman?

9. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I understand the ridicule for the Montgomery pick, but Williams was doing great as a pass rusher before getting hurt. Needed work in coverage and may be best for passing downs.

10. Fyreball

Great?? By all accounts, he was the prototypical "Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" player. Everybody expected him to play like his hair was on fire, but he failed to attack gaps and he almost always allowed himself to get taken out of the play. His injury might have affected his ability to shed blocks, and play to his full capability, but there was nothing there to suggest he was doing great.

I'll edit this and say this is according to everyone that has seen him this season in mini-camp. Last season, I remember him doing decently before he had his leg rolled up. Either way, it certainly can't be viewed as a successful pick so far.

#250 Fyreball, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  11. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Regardless, he's only played parts of a couple of preseason games. I don't know what he ends up being, but it's hard to completely write off a guy who got injured based on a handful of preseason games.

And I'll admit that I don't remember specifically how he played, but he did have 3.5 sacks in the preseason.

#251 Cannonball, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  12. Fyreball

Fair enough. I always lump Montgomery and Williams together in my mind, and that's not fair on my part. I'm still taking the under on Williams ever having an impact in a Texans uniform, but that's just my opinion.....nothing really based on anything of substance.

13. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

That's fine. I'm just opting to reserve judgement.

14. Summer Song Giver

Last years draft could easily be the worst ever for any team.

1. I can't get no separation, pee pee doo doo
    2. I get really hype when I screw up, I screw up a lot
    3.Ouch mah leg, I love Hulk Hogan and Macho Man
    3. Because I got high, you shoulda been knowing 'dis do
    4. Where's Trevardo and who the hell is he anyway, nickname: "nobodies board"
    6. I'll refrain, get well soon
    6. Really, AKA "nobodies board part deux"
    6. Finally a guy that made plays! Wait, what?!?!?
    6. The bright spot, really? Sigh.

Go get'um Rick, you're the perfect GM for this bunch of losers. Mcnair(s) must be your soul mate.

15. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

This is where I'm at. I'm not going to use Trevardo as an example of a bad pick for Smith based on limited data before an injury. And by "great", I was limiting it to pass rushing. For where he was picked, I do not expect a complete player. He looked a lot better than Montgomery...but then that could just be Montgomery setting a really low bar.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Come on, I get that people are overly pessimistic right now, but this is over the top

1. DeAndre Hopkins had a phenomenal rookie season and was the second most sure-handed receivers in the NFL last year.

2. D.J. Swearinger made rookie mistakes, but he's getting better by the day and he's already considered a very good leader on the team.

3. Brennan Williams got hurt and we don't really know what he can do, I'll reserve judgement till I see more.

3. Sam Montgomery .....Total bust.

4. Trevardo Williams is another guy that got hurt, but he showed flashes before going down, I think he has potential to be a good speed rush guy who can break off into coverage if needed. I actually like him to be the second OLB across from Clowney more than Merc.

6. David Quessenberry got cancer, no one's fault.

6. Alan Bonner we never really got to see him play, he'll be trying to lock up a slot receiver job and maybe some special teams....but he's a 6th rounder

6. Chris Jones.....well the Pats like him

6. Ryan Griffin is a really good TE prospect, he's got the size and athleticism that I've wanted at the TE position for years, we'll see how he develops.

That's actually a pretty solid draft all things considered. One obvious bust, but some pretty good value all around.

17. Summer Song Giver

It's not a solid draft if only two of the nine players ever saw the field and of the two that did: one made some plays but overall looked like maybe a 2nd or 3rd WR at best. It also should be factored in that the dude had two perverse occurrences in the span of his rookie year. How long before he's spreading doo doo over the locker room walls? Posey appears to be better

And DJ, what a knuckle head, he hurt the team way more than he helped, and you're calling him a leader on D, *headshake. He looked like a stupider poorer tackling version of Bernard Pollard. Appears to be "box of rocks dumb"

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Fair enough, I know when I'm being trolled. Have a good day.

19. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Rick Smith is Cal Mcnair's son's godfather. Either that or vice versa

20. Remii

Remii Member

I see "pulling punches" is not a term you're familiar with sir. Lol...