1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who wants Ersan Ilyasova ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RayLewis52, Dec 12, 2013.

1. chandlerbang21

all videos 2012, how about look at this seasons play lol

2. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

3. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Give Ilyasova some playtime in a well run system and watch his #s go through the roof. He's in a shiddy situation in Milwaukee.

4. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

In theory, it works and I get it. I just can't get over how bad he's been this year, though.

It's not like Ilyasova is buried on the depth chart. He's been a starter half of the season and getting close to 30 MPG. Not to mention, with Jennings and Ellis gone, the time for him to step up and embrace a much larger role in the offense is right now yet his numbers are down across the board.

...and his contract goes beyond 2014.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Of course. It is always the other teams fault:rolleyes:. He has been playing unlike himself lately. No to Ersan.

6. coffeelover665

My analysis on Ilya is that hes good when hes put in a good position. Last year, he put up monster numbers because he had Jennings and Ellis attacking the basket and kicking it out to him on the wing. Now that they left and he's playing with ballhog Mayo and BK, his numbers are down. But if he transfer to our system, you got Lin and Harden penetrating and kickign it out to him. His shots are much better then our other pf so thats a definite improvment.

Harden almost always command the double team as he attacks, Ilya benefits from it.

Howard post up, commands the double team, kick out to slashing Parson, Parson kicks out to wide open Ilya as his man helps on Parson

If he comes off the bench, he can play with Lin while Jones continues his stellar perfomance. Ilya likes to run the pnr so Lin will be happy to have a pf giving him screens and then moving to the shoulder for a shot. The defense will have to respect his shot and the floor will open up for Lin. I believe Lin's number will go up.

Asik is worth more so I can see them throwing in somebody to sweeten the pot. But as of right now, our weakest position is still the power foward spot. I dont' mind getting Ilya at all.

What I'm really afraid of is, if they move Asik to the Bucks, Sanders is prob goign to be moved to a contending team. No way are they keeping that much centers.

7. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

hasnt he regressed this year though?

8. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Contract don't fit.

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Didn't know that. Pass up on him like you said.

10. rocketsfaninala

I really like Ilyasova but his contract is horrendous compared to his actual worth. It's just way too lengthy. I would be really surprised if Morey actually traded for him. I know it's been a popular rumor but it's just not a Morey move. If he was on a better contract, I would be all for this move but his contract is, what it is. Morey isn't going to risk future flexibility for someone that isn't going to make us a lot better.

11. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Sanders, Ersan, and a semi protected first round pick for Asik and Jones

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Illyasova is playing like garbage.

13. Raven

Raven Member

Morey's not going to do anything that makes it more difficult to chase a 3rd star in 2015. He's looking for assets not long term pieces to the puzzle. That would change, of course, if he could get that 3rd star now. Otherwise, expect players who become free agents next Summer or the year after.

That's why Millsap is such a safe bet, because his contract ends next year and he can also help now. Or perhaps Bass.

14. filamswag

filamswag Rookie

but you did see him being raped by speights though. hes not big enough to paly the 4

15. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

meh...one bad game on a b2b...rockets need a backup center and wing defender for asik trade, not a PF

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

I guess if they strike out in free agency, anything is possible but...

http://journaltimes.com/sports/buck...cle_06b15216-f9ce-11e3-9cda-001a4bcf887a.html

17. basketballholic

I have always liked Ilyasova. And I've always thought he could be a target for Jeremy Lin's contract. In fact Lin and #25 for Ilyasova makes a lot of sense value-wise. It actually saves Milwaukee a few dollars in salary and gives them a pick for their trouble. Milwaukee can let Lin run the show for them for a season. And bottom line for Milwaukee is it doesn't cost them anything extra, they clear Ilyasova's contract out and they pick up #25.

But just to extend the possibilities here just a little bit. I'm still targeting Love.

If we can move Asik for a pick that is good enough to trade for Afflalo, say somewhere between 9 and 11, or possibly just trade Asik to Orlando for Afflalo straight up. Since Orlando has #12, they could just keep their own pick and either keep or trade Asik themselves. There was a rumor a while back that I thought may have some validity regarding Orlando wanting to get a 5 since Vucevic is going into the 4th year of his rookie deal.

Anyways, point being. IF we could extract both Ilyasova and Afflalo using Asik, Lin, and #25 then we could be on our way to a deal for Love.

Milwaukee
    Out: Ilyasova, Raduljica, Delfino
    In: Lin, #25, Budinger

Orlando
    Out: Afflalo
    In: Pick (or Asik), (expiring from Minny)

Minny
    Out: Love, Martin, Budinger, Mbah A Moute, Shved
    In: Afflalo, Ilyasova, Jones, 2 future picks, cap space to sign Pau

Houston
    Out: Asik, Lin, Jones, non-guaranteed, 2 future #1's
    In: Love, Martin, Raduljica, Delfino, Mbah A Moute

**Many of these contracts are expiring contracts so they can be flipped and shuffled around in a number of different combinations. The point is to leave Minny with Afflalo, Ilyasova, a couple picks, and cap space to sign Pau and clear cap to go after Marc in free agency next summer.

------------------------------------------------

I didn't check all the salaries in detail here but the basic premise of the trade revolves around Lin and #25 to Milwaukee for Ilyasova and Asik to a team for a pick that can be sent to Orlando for Afflalo with Ilyasova and Afflalo going to Minny while Minny unloads Martin and Budinger and some of their expirings along with Love. This gives Minny cap space to go after Pau on July 1. They've got the ideal situation to entice Pau. Enough $$$ to pay him, Rubio helping the recruiting, a pick and pop threat at the 4 in Ilyasova, another power guy in Pek, a defender and transition guy at the 3 in Brewer, a defender and spot-up shooter at the 2 in Afflalo....and the cap space to execute a play to go after Marc Gasol in 2015 free agency.

The above trade, if executed before July 1 with Pau going to Minny in free agency, then precipitates a trade of Pek plus possibly a pick and a youngster like Mohammed to Memphis for Marc if Marc sends Memphis the signal that he is walking on them after next season. The above trade also puts Minny in the thick of the playoff chase this coming season in a team model very similar to San Antonio's.

18. tr3yzle

tr3yzle Member

I'm thoroughly convinced that he has relatives on this site. There are more Illysova threads than Rocket threads. Let it go

19. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

I know Morey tried to trade for him a while back before the Bucks signed him to his current contract.

20. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://widgets.sports-reference.com/wg.fcgi?css=1&site=bbr&url=%2Fplayers%2Fi%2Filyaser01.html&div=div_per_game"></script>

Anybody know why his 3pt shooting was so bad last year?