1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Far Will Embiid Slip?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Smook, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Smook

Smook Member

He's gonna be out for more than a month obviously...

I see alot of teams passing up on him before he gets picked. I won't be surprised if this turns out to be a Jared Sullinger type of thing. Imagine if he slips to #25 to us :eek:

Hakeem training Joel Embiid... Wow

2. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

Prob to the #25 pick where the Rockets reluctantly take him as a compliment to Lebron, Dwight, and Harden.

Com'n, man. Irving missed almost a whole college NBA season. His "draft stock" may fall, but his upside remains the same to scouts with a sense. Top 3, still.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Won't get out of the top ten. Worst case top fifteen.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Not past 6.

5. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

college season*

6. da_juice

da_juice Member

Likely in the top 5. Definitely not beyond the top 10. He's just too damn good when healthy.

I wouldn't be surprised if Orlando or Philadelphia take him. Philly because they already have Noel and an extra pick, and Orlando already has Vucevic.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

He should fall out of the top 10. A big man with major foot problems before he's even drafted? Forget it.

8. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

He won't slip past the Lakers.

9. RightToCensor

RightToCensor Member

SMOOK! Get my out this boring ****-hole!!!!!!!

10. gregas

gregas Member

A stress fracture in his foot which requires two screws to keep it together. Out 4-6 months. That's on top of previous back and knee injuries. Red flags all around. He could slip way down.

11. Nook

Nook Member

This. He hurt the same bone Yao, Walton and Z did. Still his upside is just too much.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Maybe some franchise takes a risk on but think about it, Yao Ming was leading fastbreaks and had tree trunks for legs and he ended up w foot problems. Shaq was healthy as a bull in college and he ended up retiring due to an arthritic toe.

Embiid is billing himself up to be the next great C, this means he'll have to bulk up and bang bodies with NBA big men. If his body can't handle the physicality in college what'll happen to him in the NBA? Irving was more of a freak accident and as a pg he can shoot from the perimeter to lessen the wear and tear on his body.

13. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

:confused::confused:

14. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

I'd love if teams were dumb enough to let him go to 6.

15. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Boy, Shaq is a really odd example of a big who got injured. Dude has 4 rings. And went to the finals six times

I think we can name at least 6 better examples to the point Shaq might be the exception rather than example

Walton
    Sampson
    Bowie
    Sabonis
    Ilgauskis
    Yao
    Oden

16. Asian Sensation

This should be the correct answer but it won't be.

17. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Embiid has a real chance to slip...remember that he had a knee issues, a stress fracture for his back, and now with news breaking in regards to his navicular bone stress fracture...infact, I think it was the same bone that led to Yao's demise...Embiid has bone issues...

[​IMG]

In the NBA, he will have to constantly put heavy stress on his feet...he is gonna get stepped on...and truth be told, I forecast a injury riddled career for this kid. NBA teams especially in the top are gonna be really concerned. I personally think that his medicals will have an huge impact.

If i was advising this young man in regards to his career, I would personally recommend that he just take the year off...get his foot stronger...and try rebounding like Blake Griffin. It will up to him to maintain his weight and skill levels when he isnt playing; but the kid looks like he has a good head on his shoulders.

18. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

3 is as far as he will fall. Philli don't want to be good next season, they will be happy to stash him like they did Noel and get another top pick next draft.

Oh, can anyone name an elite centre that hasn't had an issue with there legs, feet or back?

If I am philli I go after Asik and trade Noel for another peice if Embiid slips. You can have Embiid play limited minutes for the first year or two behind Asik so it is a smoother transition into the NBA.

19. Smook

Smook Member

Nah bro I love the Rockets man.

Why'd you get banned from ISH dude?

20. Smook

Smook Member

Gosh I wish there was an edit option.

I thought you said get out of this **** hole. Do you wanna come back to ISH?