1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Could Houston be Lebron's top preference in FA?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sydeffect, Jun 15, 2014.

?

Can Houston become Lebron's top preference in FA?

1. Yes

238 vote(s)
    48.7%
  2. No

251 vote(s)
    51.3%
  1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Doesn't sound like a man who's leaving (granted, it is right after they lost and I could be reading too much into things).

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Yeah, I don't really think LeBron deserves crap for winning "only" 2 out of the 4 Finals the Heat made it to. Magic's Lakers also went to 4 straight Finals from 1982-85 and they wound up with 2 rings during that timeframe.

3. Texanswin2013

Texanswin2013 Member

Everything you're supposed to say and would want to say when you're trying to get out of there and go home to rest and get your mind off of things. He said alot of stuff before he colluded. I wouldn't put too much stock into his words right now...

But jesus....I'm going full Nick Saban to UT mode right now. I've really got to stop...We're likely not getting him.

4. cardpire

cardpire Member

Yeah, other than the very last tweet about needing to get better at all positions, I'd say it sounds like he is leaving. Can read it either way.

5. cardpire

cardpire Member

Did anybody hear the reporter say to them "even chandler parsons is talking about what you will be doing next year"?

6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Kind of seems like he might be leaving?

7. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

Bosh would be a significant upgrade at PF and about perfect fit.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He'd be a decent upgrade, but nothing to get excited about. Would the team be better with Bosh? Sure, I mean it would be better than nothing I guess.

9. Kate81

Kate81 Member

They say that. But he hears his haters. If he won in the West, that would shut up even more people.

10. finsraider

finsraider Member

That last guy that asked him about it....you could tell LeBron was being very careful. I came away thinking there's a decent chance he's gone.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

This makes no sense. The point of playing in the NBA is money and titles. He has the money, and the East presents the easiest way to the Finals. At least, for the next few years.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The goal isn't to get bounced in the finals though. Playing in the East makes it easy to get to the finals, but there isn't any team in the East that beats the Western conference team. Basically he can stay with the Heat and be remembered as the guy who lost more finals appearances than he won or he can try to jump to a contender and lock down some more titles before he's old.

I think heading to Houston would be a no-brainer for him if his main goal really was winning championships. Of course if he has other goals, by all means he should stay in Miami and make those disappointing playoff appearances every year.

13. meh

meh Contributing Member

Purely from just a winning standpoint, given his choices of teams with capspace, Houston has to be #1 on the list. Unlike Melo, LeBron's fit is much better here because of his defense. He and Howard would make a nasty combination on defense.

But I can't imagine LeBron would be willing to take all the PR hits that comes with such a move. It's one thing to move away from Cleveland, but to move away from the team you yourself built? I can't see that.

But man, if LeBron is only about chasing rings, we are definitely the place to be at.

14. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Lebron James and Dwight Howard, I wish.

15. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

But if the goal is to win the title, then does it matter that it's easier to get there if you don't have enough to beat the Western conference opponent? If you have the best team in the league then I really don't think you care what conference you are in.

16. Play07

Play07 Member

Since when do rockets have cap space ? and what makes you think other teams couldn't trade players to make cap space if it meant getting lebron ? if we can trade Lin & asik on ballon contracts which is what I'm guessing you're assuming ... you think OKC couldn't trade ibaka or Westbrook? u think clippers couldn't trade griffin or Jordan, pacers can't trade hill and Hibbert, warriors Barnes & lee, cavs cap space #1 pick love or emmiidd with Irving there ? Boston rondo and plenty picks to move players free up room to get melo & lebron if they wanted them ?

We may could get lebron but the homerism is just too cocky in this thread like rockets are the only team that can make moves & are a clear best option after a 2-4 exit in the 1st round to win a championship next year. If lebron goes on market expect every team to be lined up willing to make things happen to get a shot.

17. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

We'd be the most hated team in the NBA.

Which would be OK by me.

One other thing LBJ has to think about is what KD might do next year. I can see how that might have some influence in the decision. If next year KD goes to a team that will be in the finals year after year, seems like LBJ might want to go to that team first.

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

KD isn't a FA until 2016

19. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

On paper we would definitely be the best destination for lLebron. Harden is still young and Howard is still pretty young with a good bench. Having those 3 as a nucleus would definitely have a longer expiration date than the one in Miami right now. Realistic speaking, the big 3 in Miami probably won't go anywhere and they'll try it again in the finals next year since there's not going to be another team to compete with them in the East.

20. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.