1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jadeveon Clowney - Texans' first round (#1 overall) pick

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, May 8, 2014.

?

Do you agree with the Texans' decision to take Jadeveon Clowney with the #1 pick?

1. YES

287 vote(s)
    92.9%
  2. NO

22 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

It isn't fun to post here anymore. I shy away because its the same crap every day. I feel like you have a large part to do with it.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Fair enough, then you know what to do....I mean the reason this thread got off topic to begin with was complaints by Pete the Cheat and eric.81, before that we were talking about Jadeveon Clowney, instead of talking about Clowney, they wanted to whine rather than contribute to the conversation.

Anyone who would rather whine about my opinion rather than contributing to the conversation is absolutely welcome to block me.

3. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I'm also giving you some Rep. I have both of those Clowns on ignore. Even though they are on my ignore list they still destroy most every thread in the Texans forum. When they are posting dozens of times in one thread it pushes everyone else out, as people get tired of their schtick. Threads end up resembling what you see in D&D.

In regard to Clowney, I am concerned. He had some minor injuries in college also. Bone spurs if I remember correctly. I hope he can be ready to go at the beginning of training camp.

4. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Totally agree. If this continues during pre season and into next season I probably won't come here anymore to read/post.

5. Major

Major Member

Blocking doesn't solve the issue - it only reduces it. It still leaves every thread going into insult-fest mode. When everyone universally agrees that you're the problem, you should consider that maybe you are. Even when you might have valid points, your posting style ensures that no one is going to care or listen - I would think your purpose here is to actually be heard rather than just talk, so it would seem to be in your best interests to address that.

6. tmacfor35

Pretty much. To much entitlement to each post.

7. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

True. It's amazing that those two (and there was a third one I can't remember now) that have completely ran texans forum into the ground this offseason. I ignored them all early because it was clear they were just blow hares that had no real interest in somewhat rational discussion.

But even with them on ignore they manage to ruin any decent experience because people will reply to them and my page is filled with "user is on your ignore list". I literally had a entire.page of a thread that was all ignored

I really hope they cool it when the season actually starts because it has been a complete drag coming here and seeing them spam the board about the draft. Where did they come from and why did they barge in for this draft?

1 person likes this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It isn't me that devolves threads into insult-fests, and I'm not concerned about anyone that feels they should block me. Anyway, let's stop the whining and get back on topic.

9. tmacfor35

Go back 1 page..........

I compared Mario to Clowney(there combine splits are almost identical), and both now have an injury history with sports hernias.

You did not add anything insightful, you just insulted another poster and myself. Don't deter this from yourself, because you are the problem. Maybe you should accept that you are the problem and fix it.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I just disagreed with a knee jerk post and explained why....that's not devolving into an insult-fest. I suppose I should have just ignored the comment rather than explaining why it was ridiculous and if you keep posting stupid things like that I'll just block you and this dead Texans page will just get even deader.

11. tmacfor35

Couldn't resist? lol....

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Couldn't resist what? You and others are whining about me disagreeing with bad posts, I conceded that I'd just ignore them from now on....what do you have to whine about now?

Ever since I started posting here people have whined when I pointed out bad posts. Apparently you guys like bad short sighted posts here whether it be posts about how Teddy Bridgewater was the next Joe Montana or posts about how Jadeveon Clowney is Mario Williams because he got a minor injury in OTA's.

I think this board would be a lot better without BS like that, but it seems I'm in the minority so rock on guys. Go nuts.

13. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I like turtles

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Here ya go

[​IMG]

15. Win

Win Contributing Member

Hey Bob - I for one enjoy your point of view; just perhaps with a less prolific ideal in mind. Being this site is mostly devoted to the Rockets, I have been able to enjoy Texans chat in this almost sleepy forum with those I have known over the years where no one actually dominated the chat like Remi (I certainly can't blame you for him) and you do every thread. I could go to one of the dedicated Texans talk sites and participate with all those full of themselves and their mayhem if I chose to, but before, with this forum I never even considered it.

Even though I do not post that often, when I do, it now just gets swallowed up. I can tell you mostly know of what you speak and seem to love the Texans (or at least care) I'm just trying to put my own spin on what the above posters have been complaining (whining) about.

My apologies to all for continuing the off-topic theme, but why not address it before the season starts.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's fair, I respect your take on it.

17. Remii

Remii Member

Once again, like I told Pete my apologies and I will extremely limit my posting habits in the Texans forum.

18. Major

Major Member

You can say that and believe it, but the one common denominator in them all is you. Threads without you don't seem to end up that way as much. That doesn't mean it's your fault or that you're doing anything "wrong", but that seems to be the consistent end result..

It's up to you to decide how to react, but if your goal is to be heard rather than just to speak, then seeing how your audience reacts to what you're saying and adjusting your method of expressing your thoughts is a key part of it. It's not about how you feel they *should* react, but instead how they actually do react.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The Texans section has been all but dead since before I started posting here, there aren't many threads "without me" because I'm one of only a handful of posters who posts in this section. If more people want to get involved and post things furthering the discussion than great, but when they just show up to complain about not liking my opinion I tune it out.

Anyway we've spent more than enough time on this sub-topic.

1 person likes this.
  20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Unfortunately he's failed to take my advice and now he's polluting other forums.