1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CONGRATULATIONS ON A GREAT SEASON - HOUSTON ROCKETS 2014/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. Dominant, May 4, 2014.

?

Will the Rockets reach the NBA finals in 2015?

1. YES

81 vote(s)
    30.2%
  2. NO

142 vote(s)
    53.0%
  3. I HAVE GIVEN UP ON THE ROCKETS

45 vote(s)
    16.8%
  1. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Let's hope so man.

2. solid

solid Contributing Member

You can put lipstick on a pig, but it is still a pig. No matter how you spin it, the season was a failure. Not getting out of the first round equals epic failure. The team obviously has issues. I don't see any quick fix, and it is starting to remind a bit of those Yao/TMac teams where there was no money for a solid supporting cast. Expectations have diminished.

3. Rox23

Rox23 Member

The Blazers will be better than us next season. Their Core is fantastic. It's their bench which is the problem; and that is sure to get better next season and the season after that. Our problem on the other hand involves more specifically the starting lineup and coaching. Our bench is good but not great; but then when we get rid of Asik and Lin our bench will flat out suck.

4. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

At least the Rockets are a fun team to watch...their inconsistency, the random isos, a confused coach,4th quarter blowout turnarounds by opposing teams, Howard drama, Beard hoes, Parsons women, and LOF vs LOH wars. The Rockets unlike other teams have the potential to go far but with no system or coach just go to the playoffs to lose, kind of like the Denver Nuggets although they just lacked talent.

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Why D-MO? D-Mo is ****ing trash.

6. Rockness

Rockness Member

I just wish we could've played the Spurs, to see where we really stand, now I really do not know how I feel about this season. It's been a dissappoiting season, far from great though Howard, Trey & Jones were nice surprises (I figured Howard would not dominate the way he did, though defensively he could do a lot better). The Spurs winning it all and us owning in the reg season, it would've been nice to know how that series would've played out. Sure we would've lost but just to find out how Harden and all the others would've dealt with playing a champion.

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

If the Rockets weren't good enough to beat an overrated Blazers team with home court advantage, I can't imagine they would've fared too well against the Spurs having to go on the road. I'm guessing we would've lost in 5 just like Portland.

8. verysimplejason

Sadly, McHale really needs to go out...

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think by great season they must mean the regular season which was ok but not great either.

10. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

255 members say no...... yikes.

11. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

of course we are in the finals we have 2 superstars Harden and Dwight

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

We won't reach the finals as constructed, but we should still be a very good team.

Same as last year, second round likely, outside shot at WCF.

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Congratulations for a great offseason too.

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

And that was back when we were dreaming of adding Carmelo Anthony and re-upping Chandler Parsons.