1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should I get a nose job? (ugh...I broke my nose)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dean, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

How bad is the recovery? I would like to get my nose ported out for optimum airflow but am scared of the recovery.

does anyone know if getting the internal structure fixed without messing with the outside shape would be covered by insurance?

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Why not consult a physician? They should be able to suggest a course of action and tell you about insurace, recovery and everything else.

3. Bandwagoner

I prefer to hear other peoples experience. Surgeons usually don't give a crap about recovery and cannot tell you what it is like as well as a previous patient can.

4. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In Iran, people just walk around with the casts on their nose, so it cannot be too bad.

5. Bandwagoner

I think the worst thing for me would be the drainage of the blood and fluids.

that combined with the changing of the bandages would be misery. I guess it depends on how long it goes on.

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Deviated Septum surgery is a nightmare.

7. ABrooks0

ABrooks0 Member

fool just keep it. Trust me, I also have a screwed up nose with a hump. Except my nose is actually bigger. And its really not the amount of money that a surgery would probably cost, plus the risk factors. keep it real man.

8. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Not really. You go to sleep and when you wake up it's over.

9. gezza

gezza Member

Although I notice the bump, like others have said it doesn't look that bad. The most important thing to consider is how it's going to affect your state of mind and confidence. If you're going to wake up every morning for the next 30 years spending 15 minutes looking at your nose in the mirror wondering whether it's noticeably deformed...then absolutely do it, given that it's safe and relatively affordable to do so.

If you think you can learn to live with it...then I woudn't do it. But since you're asking on this forum it's obviously affecting you emotionally to some degree.

10. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

only if it whistles while youre running

11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Just get it fixed. It's obvious that it bothers you. Why put it off?

12. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

If you can afford it, just do it. It obviously bothers you and that surgery isn't rocket science. Like all surgery, you will bruise and be uncomfortable. You will have pain killers. The most you will have afterward is bruising.

13. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Talk to a surgeon. Obviously these guys live off of elective surgery, so he's going to try to talk you into it the whole time, but at least you'll know what it costs, payment options, the ins and outs of the procedure, etc, etc.

14. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I think it looks fine. If it's something that's going to always bother you, then get the surgery, if not don't worry doesn't look bad at all.

One of my best friends got a nose job, he hated his nose. Problem though, after going through the surgery and healing, it didn't really take. Crappy doctor I guess, have to be careful. Plastic surgery can get pretty pricey and it does come with some risk.

15. lionaire

lionaire Member

What the........

16. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

If you've got the extra cash, the person is licensed and you feel miserable everyday you look in the mirror I say go for it. It may even help you forget the injury.

17. DwightHoward13

Bump for medical treatment for a broken nose while playing soccer.
    1. How long should bleeding last? It has continued to drip a little bit for 1-2 hours, but my nose was bleeding profusely after getting kicked.
    2. Do I need my nose corrected if it has not shifted?
    3. What treatment do you recommend?
    4. How long is recovery time?

18. Eric Riley

Eric Riley Contributing Member

1. There was no need to bump this thread.
    2. You should be asking health care professionals these questions instead of fans on a message board.

19. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The BBS doctor is out of the office currently. Please post back during normal business hours.

20. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You broke your nose last night and did not go to an ER or Urgent Care?