1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Non all star draft

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by DonatasFanboy, Jun 1, 2014.

?

What period do you want to use?

Poll closed Jun 16, 2014.
  1. From 2000-01 season to now

47.1%
  2. Last 10 years (from 2004-05 season to now)

52.9%
  1. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

thething

PG: Ty Lawson
    SG: Cuttino Mobley
    SF: Richard Jefferson
    PF: Kenneth Faried
    C: Marcus Camby

Bench: Damon Stoudamire, JJ Redick, PJ Brown

vs.

VOA

PG- Raymond Felton
    SG- Tony Allen
    SF- Rudy Gay
    PF- Josh Smith
    C - Larry Sanders
    Bench
    Ricky Rubio Luis Scola, Andrea Bargnani

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FTW Rockets

Teague
    Eric Gordon
    Mike Dunleavy
    Greg Monroe
    Andrew Bogut

Bench: Jamal Crawford, Aaron Afflalo, Donyell Marshall

vs.

oelman

PG - Kyle Lowry/Luke Ridnour
    SG - Kevin Martin
    SF - John Salmons/Tyreke Evans
    PF - Troy Murphy
    C - Omer Asik/Greg Oden

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jmc

Pg Goran Dragic
    Sg Larry Hughes/ Ben Gordon
    Sf Chandler Parsons/ Trevor Ariza
    Pf Al Harrington
    C Andre Drummond/ Jonas Valanciuas

vs.

Yung T

PG - Isaiah Thomas
    SG - Kerry Kittles
    SF - Nicolas Batum
    PF- Thaddeus Young
    C - DeMarcus Cousins

Bench: Jason Richardson, Robert Horry, John Henson

2. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Absolutely true. It doesn't seem like there are many people here who actually watch basketball currently or there is no feasible way I would have lost. Kind of defeats the purpose. I think we should stick with current drafts if this is going to be the outcome.

;)

-----------------

Thething over voa

ftw over oelman

yung t over jmc

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

thing
    ftw

4. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

5. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Vbg had a good team I liked olemans backcourt

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

thething

PG: Ty Lawson
    SG: Cuttino Mobley
    SF: Richard Jefferson
    PF: Kenneth Faried
    C: Marcus Camby

Bench: Damon Stoudamire, JJ Redick, PJ Brown

vs.

VOA

PG- Raymond Felton
    SG- Tony Allen
    SF- Rudy Gay
    PF- Josh Smith
    C - Larry Sanders
    Bench
    Ricky Rubio Luis Scola, Andrea Bargnani

the thing
    His front court is a better fit than VOA's. Gay and Smith just don't fit well IMO. Two volume shooters who take pretty bad shots. Lawson will run circles around Felton and Camby will take care of the boards. I also feel like VOA's bench is weak in rebounding and D with both Scola and Bargnani no entities on D.

Jmc

Pg Goran Dragic
    Sg Larry Hughes/ Ben Gordon
    Sf Chandler Parsons/ Trevor Ariza
    Pf Al Harrington
    C Andre Drummond/ Jonas Valanciuas

vs.

Yung T

PG - Isaiah Thomas
    SG - Kerry Kittles
    SF - Nicolas Batum
    PF- Thaddeus Young
    C - DeMarcus Cousins

Bench: Jason Richardson, Robert Horry, John Henson

JMC
    This is a real close one to call. JMC has the better backcourt offensively and defensively while Yung T has the better front court. I like JMC's bench better though. Ben Gordon in his prime was money, Horry was pretty much washed up in the 2000's decade.

7. thething

thething Contributing Member

Oelman had the better backcourt.
    VBG had the better frontcourt.
    Oelman had the better bench. Tyreke is underrated as an off the bench scorer.

With that said, I think VBG wins if he has Mario Chalmers instead of Derek Fisher.

I hate Derek Fisher.

8. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

thething. I think his team fits together better, a much better offense. VoA would probably struggle with lack of spacing. VoA's defense is impressive, though. Other than Gay, every starter is above average to great on D. Although Gay seems hard to hide in this matchup.

FTW. More talent, a big bench advantage IMO. But it will be a close series. I think FTW team has no defense when Bogut goes to rest. Also, I don't love Monroe-Bogut pairing, especially defensively. Murphy - Monroe matchup will be a two way uncontested scoring contest.
    But still, I think FTW ends up winning here.

Yung-T. Tough call. I could see this going either way. Both teams have a lot of offense and averages defenses, and I like JMC's bench better. But I think Yung-T will have slight advantage both defensively and offensively. I.Thomas and Cousins provide a nice offensive core. Kittles, Batum and Thad Young support it with defense, athletic plays, shooting. That team makes a lot of sense.

9. Spooner

Spooner Member

I'm not really overvaluing my team. I never said much about them outside of factual statistical information. It's not my fault JMC is sporting a career 40% shooter at his two guard spot. I don't think it's out of line to say prime okafor was a better player than Drummond in his second year. I'm just not sure where the disparity in talent lies on JMC's team. Is Dragic really going to pwn Conley that bad? Or do you think Parsons has an advantage over Jalen Rose?

10. jvu

jvu Member

The thing

Ftw

11. jvu

jvu Member

Bro this is a hypothetical draft. No one put money in to win.. Just free at the expense of our time. I lost. So what. Move on let's just stay positive. I messed up but should've voted for VBG. I am sorry for not taking too much time to analyze.

12. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

thething vs. Voice of Aus 4:0
    FTW Rockets FTW vs. Oelman 4:0
    Jmc vs. Yung-T 1:2

13. FTW Rockets FTW

Just curious dfb. Why don't you like the Monroe Bogut pairing? Both great rebounders and Bogut can cover up for Monroe's D while Monroe is a very good offensive player.

Defensively, when Bogut sits, this team can go small. Afflalo will be the primary wing defender and Gordon is an underrated defender due to his size. Not to mention Donyell Marshall who can rebound the hell out the ball as well as step back out to 3 point land.

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Just a guess, but slow-footed on defense, lack of athleticsm and both aren't good at shooting outside of 15+ feet, so spacing could be an issue between the two. Starting both together kinda slows down your team and packs the paint.

15. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Thing
    Few
    Jmc (slight advantage)

16. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

We should get the NBA brehs to play as our drafted teams, I always feel like I should win. :(

17. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Well, Bogut in my view is a rich man's Monroe in a way. A very solid post up player before the injury, a great passer, a very high IQ player. And a great defender.

You'll abuse some teams with a soft big (like Troy Murphy in that case) because there's nowhere to hide a big like that. Two players who can post up and pass really well.

But I think it's kind of an overkill vs. most teams. Neither of your bigs is a very good shooter so they are stepping on each others toes somewhat. And you have a defensive issue because of Monroe's slow feet. So you are giving points to someone like Murphy as well. Or especially a more dynamic PF like Al Harrington.

I'd prefer Bogut paired with someone who can shoot and hold his own defensively, I think prime Bogut good enough to be the main big in the post on both ends. I'd prefer someone like Ibaka or Ilyasova, Thad Young and such.

But Monroe is obviously a talented player. It's not like your frontcourt is now a negative. It's a very good frontcourt. I'd just prefer someone with similar talent to Monroe's but more of a mobile shooting defensive guy.

18. FTW Rockets FTW

Fair enough. That's why I have Doneyll Marshall on the bench who can provide spacing and stretch the floor.

It'd probably be 30-30-36 Monroe, Marshall, Bogut split for 96 PF and C minutes.

19. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Half the time, when I feel that my team isn't great, it goes far, and when I feel that it's great, it loses in round 1.

I'll never forget how my Durant-Dirk-Shaq team lost in rd.1 to a team with no shooters, because some voters thought that prime Shaq was just a borderline top 10 player, and Durant was much worse than Grant Hill.

Anyway, it's not like real NBA isn't full of debatable referee decisions. The NBA had playoff series that caused a lot of controversy. Our drafts are no different. So it is what it is, and I think it's ok and still fun.

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

^^
    It's still fun to me, but I'm a sad tizzle right now. Buildin dope teams and not getting recognized. :(