1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Jalen Rose] Kevin Durant Will Join Harden and Howard In Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Croatian Sensation, Oct 23, 2013.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

whoops. Beat to the dildo punch... again.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/KybFygLmT8c?start=15&end=18" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Clearly KD is joining the Rockets to work with Jeremy Lin, and bringing back the Barkley-era uniform.

Or maybe KD is telling Jeremy Lin to quit dreaming about the above scenario?

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Best logo ever(I'm the only one on CF reppin this logo,no love for the rocket breh. :( ).

5. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

are you serious?

6. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

The problem is...where is the $$?? And when is Durant a free agent?

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

You're seriously asking if it's wise for us to want the MVP? Of the entire NBA? The guy who's the (second) best player in the entire world?

[​IMG]

8. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

I think the guy in that gif is disappointed in himself for wearing that speedo lol.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Still in OKC (5 hrs longer than expected but 2 yrs fewer than Kevin Durant has to stay here). Bags already in Detroit, Delta source says.</p>&mdash; Ken Berger (@KBergCBS) <a href="https://twitter.com/KBergCBS/statuses/473207080770215937">June 1, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Next year is make or break for Durant being happy in OKC. If they get to the finals or win a ring I can see him staying there.

11. Swishh

Swishh Member

What would be KD's excuse though? He plays with another top 5 NBA player. If LeBron had someone even close to WB's level, he would have won in Cleveland. Albeit the East is 'weak' , they still would have had to pass the Celtics - which were an elite team.

12. reliableman

reliableman Member

It's his choice to make. Why does he need an excuse? That being said -- not having a ring is all the excuse he needs.

13. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Keep rooting against OKC. As they lose, our shot goes up to get him.

Same reason I'm changing my attitude from last year and rooting against Lebron v the West for the first time. In #1 and #2, my mindset was "we're not in it anyways, let Lebron knock his championships out of the way so that he won't be so anxious to win one when we actually are good."

Now, my mindset is like that of the dudes in Inception. "Convince Lebron to break up the dynasty." If they lose in these Finals, then maybe Lebron sees that the players are too old in Miami to keep winning, and the entire thing falls to pieces with us able to pick up some nice scraps like Chris Bosh. Yes Chris Bosh is a scrap now. Nice but still a scrap lol.

14. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Until KD takes control and becomes the alpha of his team they WON'T win.

The best player on your team has to be the alpha, and you can't have 2 alphas.

It was the Heat's problem their first year, when Wade got hurt and Lebron became the true alpha and Wade took a backseat the Heat were unstoppable.

I thought the SAME thing was happening for Durant, but Durant was uninterested in being that once Westbrook came back and Westbrook didn't really want to give that up either.

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

No he won't or we will have the only team in the league with just three players and a part time coach. Money.

16. k-money

k-money Member

harden is better than wesbtrook.

17. PhiSlammaJamma

It came down to decision making for OKC. Durant did not touch it. On him or not, it was that simple. They were decision making away from the finals. but likely a player away from a championship.

18. topfive

topfive CF OG

Former Sonic KD knows deep inside that the Thunder are cursed. As long as Clay Bennett owns that team, they won't win a title. This summer he's going to start making decisions about the rest of his career.

#238 topfive, Jun 1, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2014
  19. YourSecretLover

based off what?

westbrook was a huge factor in carrying the thunder in these playoffs when durant disappeared. even if he is shooting poorly, he is contributing by playing solid defense, hustle, and heart. gained so much respect for him these playoffs.

harden on the other hand folded when the pressure was on. inefficient offense against a bad defensive team and was invisible on the defensive side. to top it off, the body language is disgusting.

look i love james harden as he is one of my nba players on my favorite team but no way he is better than westbrook until he proves it in the playoffs

20. Sajan

Sajan Member