1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CONGRATULATIONS ON A GREAT SEASON - HOUSTON ROCKETS 2014/2015

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mr. Dominant, May 4, 2014.

?

Will the Rockets reach the NBA finals in 2015?

1. YES

81 vote(s)
    30.2%
  2. NO

142 vote(s)
    53.0%
  3. I HAVE GIVEN UP ON THE ROCKETS

45 vote(s)
    16.8%
  1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

i don't know why that pic is so sad

2. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

One of these players will not be here next season.

3. verysimplejason

Or 2... or 3. Most likely, 2. Back to topic, McHale's doesn't inspire any confidence in me. He's a good coach (almost average) but lacks the X and O's of a championship coach. I'd like Sloan or SVG here. McHale's better left as an assistant. DH needs to embrace PnR again. Trade Lin/Asik for that fabled stretch 4. I still believe that Rockets does have a lot of shooters. Only they are not utilized properly by McHale.

4. pakattak

pakattak Member

Ha! Perfect.

5. pakattak

pakattak Member

But seriously, this thing ****ing hurts. Consolation prizes when you had much higher expectations always do.

6. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Yeah man. Going out last year 4-2 as well... I expect next year to be THE year.

7. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

It was a fun, up and down season with a soul crushing ending. I think we did a lot of good this season and hope we can build on it for next season. I do hope we make some personnel changes sooner rather than later.

8. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

can anyone please filled in Bev shoulders at the bottom of "O".

It just looks weird with 1 missing part.

9. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

I voted no but honestly it depends on who we can get in the offseason. If we get a couple solid roleplayers/vets, imo it's very possible. Look at the Blazers. What brought them to the next level were the aquisitions of Mo and Lopez.

However, with the quickfix 3rd star trend these days and assuming that's the route we take...I think 2015 will be yet another disappointing year. Unless, of course, one of our current players improves his play significantly and become that 3rd star.

10. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Beverly looking like "Why am I down here?"

11. TheJet

TheJet Member

87 people that voted "Have given up". We need an autoban script. Then we the Rockets start winning again they have to petition in the "I am a bandwagon fan" thread to get membership back.

12. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

CONGRATULATIONS!

13. sutton

sutton Member

Too selfish to play teamball, not good enough to win by ISO, will fail again.

14. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Harden will improve next year by a landslide, I think.

15. redglare92

redglare92 Member

There's no reason to give up on this team. How they went out was a bummer but we had some great highlights from this past season. They have some moves to make in the off-season and learn from their mistakes this past season. I'm hoping they keep these guys together unless Morey engineers some blockbuster deal that really puts us over the top.

16. nono

nono Member

good job good effort

17. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Dwight will be more of a leader next season. Parsons and Bev will be even more focused. And I believe Harden learned a lesson this season. He will be more mature.

18. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I predict us to have a better season next year. This is the first year with the Harden and Howard experiment. Morey will build around those two Superstars.

All because Portland beat us in the playoffs doesn't mean they will be better than us.

19. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Yes sir we had a great season. They didn't meet my expectation of advancing past the 2nd round but I was very happy with our teams season. I believe next season will be much better.

20. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

I wouldn't call getting beat by an inferior Portland team something to be proud of. Unless there's some major changes to the system, the Rockets will not get much better in the playoffs unless they moved to the Eastern Conference. I think next year Portland will be much better, the Rockets have the same crap coach and over bloated contracts from Asik and Lin. Unless you trade Parsons, I don't see how the team can get significantly better in depth than this year. You had Howard at his prime mode as well as superstar Harden so to lose is just disgraceful. SVG could've gotten past the 1st round with this Rockets team ffs.