1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 5/2/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. conquistador#11

Maybe it was yao going down v Lakers that changed something inside of me, but I'm completely over this loss. McDuck is not a leader of men and you can tell by the way our players don't pay attention to details. But listen up Maury, Either find us a great coach or get your ass out of twitter and coach this team yourself. I have faith in you!

yeay, only 1,000,000 million lin threads to the start of next season. hooray for us.

1 person likes this.
  2. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

our grades are very similar :) I give Mchale a way worse than C - just too much posting for a guy who is a poor FT shooter. lost 4 points from that. the other ones? i would say were luck.

3. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Didn't watch the game but i was following live scores.

It is fkin heartbreaking i thought we had it in the bag.

Knew we gonna lose this series soon after we pissed away game 1 and 2. That's series right there.

A semi decent coach would have led us to the next round. Mcfail needs to go. There is no excuses.

4. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Don't know if it would've made a difference, but... from the game thread quarters 1-4.

5. steady

steady Member

Maybe if McHale hadn't pulled Lin for Bev, they wouldn't have had to switch.?

6. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

I didn't notiuce this at first but what in the hell was he doing he didn't have any sense of awareness of what might happen out on the court at all. He has a long way to go, but seriously that is on McHale why he has TJ on the inbounds pass is just unfathomable, he could have put Howard or brought in Dmo for that inbounds pass. So horrific to watch that replay over and over... Just terrible.

7. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Well, I guess it's time for Game of Thrones on my Sunday nights.

8. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

big thing I saw, Lillard was just standing there like nothing was going to happen. That got Parsons all relaxed....then Lillard just darted to his spot, caught Parsons off guard and he just couldn't catch up.

9. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

yes we are the better team, but we lost because partially mchale took too long to make the adjustments. saddddddddddd.

10. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Idk why lin wasn't in the ****img game bev couldn't keep up with lillard

11. egr281

egr281 Member

Portland wont be able to sustain those tough shots as the playoffs continue to get tougher

12. antdrewjosh

antdrewjosh Member

Once again doesnt matter who is in the game. There is absolutely no reason to guard the inbounder..none. .9 you cant pass just shoot double team lillard. Howard on aldridge. Game over.

13. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

there was no switch....Parsons was on him the whole time.

14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I'm not mad at all for some reason. We been struggling all series and we were still in it but it just came down to a last second shot. The western conference is really tough even the 8th seed can beat the 1 seed so it's all a battle. Portland was also the best team for most of the year this season so props to them.

15. Rocketeer Bang

Got to give the refs credit for trying to hand us the game, but even they can't bail out Mchale's defensive ineptitude. Bet they didn't see this coming, or they would have granted the Rockets more than a 3 point lead.

16. i meow a lot

i meow a lot Member

bev and lin should have draw up that last play

17. kunene

kunene Member

If Melo signs. Kyrie and Varejao for Harden and Jones.

18. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member

Harden played well tonight, Howard dominated, wish he would have gotten more calls though. There are a few things this team needs in order to win a championship.
    1. A true floor general PG (Rondo)
    2. A defensive minded coach like Thibs as our coach (Probably won't happen though because McHale will most likely be back next year)
    3. A bench
    4. If we don't get Rondo we absolutely need another superstar on this team. When Harden's shots are not falling, our offense truly is lacking.
    I am pretty sure that Lin and maybe Asik, will be moved in the off-season. We know for sure that Hamilton is gone. Maybe Garcia as well, if he doesn't pick up his player option. This off season is going to be really interesting. We also have a draft pick in the first round this year and the second. Hopefully we can get some impact players in here and show some major improvement.

19. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Really...if you lose your first two home games after getting homecourt advantage...then it's not like you really deserve to win the series anyway. at least we battled back and were .9 seconds away from a game 7. if it went to game 7, then we probably would have won.

20. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Alright, that did make me laugh a little.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.