1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GAME 5: last call to Boo Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Exiled, Apr 28, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Lakersuk

Lakersuk Member

2. BowlingBaller

BowlingBaller Member

It sounded like they were booing on TV. I was caught off guard... I knew he wasn't playing great but didn't realize fans would boo their own player in that situation.

3. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Bev is our starting PG, not Lin. I don't get why ppl are so obsessed with the play of a role player. I really wonder what other fans in the entire league microanalyze a role player to death??

4. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Not really. Lin progressively improved last season. Lin had ups and downs this season but it seemed to tied directly to his back problems. He is healthy now and playing well again.

Everyone wants to talk about that play when he loses the ball but if he stands around like Bev and harden on that play he doesn't even get the rebound. He hustled for the rebound while Harden was standing around and Howard couldn't reach for it and almost got the win for us if not for a great play by Mo Williams.

He is playing consistent this playoff and if anything is improving from game to game. he is the second or third most valuable Rocket in the playoffs ( if parsons showed up more in second halfs I would give him second). If people didn't hate LOFs so much they would see his good play and cheer for Lin more. He plays hard every game, is humble, plays both sides of the floor and tries to execute what he is asked to do.

Stotts spoke primarily about their inability to stop him that cost them the game. "That's 21 found points". The Blazers do not want to come back to Houston. They know we can beat them in game 7 at home. So they will throw everything at us. We need Lin if we are going to win this series. He is our bench. I just hope he keeps improving. he is more confident and consistent than anyone not named Howard.

1 person likes this.
  5. fqy1000

fqy1000 Member

Tired of red necks. All about skin colors

6. archinkent

archinkent Member

Forget about hot chicks taking photos with him, it's now all about dem boos. ;)

7. C. Orientalis

C. Orientalis Member

What we need is hot chicks booing him?

8. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

9. Panda23

Panda23 Member

"I thought he did an excellent job of attacking," Dwight Howard said. "There were times where he would miss a shot and stop attacking and I kept telling him 'Linsanity, Linsanity' so tomorrow, I'm gonna try to get on the plane with him and watch his movie so he can just have the confidence and belief that he can do it. It's easy to say that you're confident but to actually go out there to play like your confident is a different thing. So I think sometimes we have to build his confidence up. But when he's playing free, when he's Linsanity, he plays great. I just want him to believe in himself."

Dwight wants another shot of Linsanity.

10. Karolik

Karolik Member

Dwight just wants to win. He's desperate, can't rely on Harden anymore, so turning to other sources.

11. Panda23

Panda23 Member

I just don't know what's wrong with harden, maybe he's lost some confidence from early in the playoffs, but he came up clutch tonight when we needed him thankfully.

12. Penetrate&Creat

Damn, that's deep.

Even though I've done my fair share of bashing Lin's brains out these past couple of games, after watching his interview with Parsons today, you could really tell he's hurt about how he's performed in this series. I'm glad he stepped it up today and went full Linsanity mode.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, we CANNOT beat the Blazers without Lin. Hell, we can't win the chip without him. With Bev being sick & his knee hurt, we need Lin badly.

13. mig0s

mig0s Member

what da hell the movie came out months ago and dwight haven't seen it yet? They should rent a private movie theater and watch the movie as a team

14. dudeimfromhtown

or maybe he is trying to be a good teammate

15. dantian

dantian Member

I'm glad McHale achieved what he aimed at with benching him last game --- he got the mob lynch he wanted to humiliate Lin and destroy his confidence going forward.:grin:

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Some people should be ashamed of themselves, including the thread starter.

17. fxbillie

fxbillie Member

He hides away to eat crow. :rolleyes:

18. Jt29

Jt29 Member

I've been to several forums like chronicle, culture map, etc only in clutchfans has the most LOHs population. I don't think they are true fans. I'm starting to think this is borderline racism, I would coin the term as "educated racism". Lin is soft spoken, non offensive demeanor n treat-everyone-like-my-brother attitude makes him a hot spot for bullying n easy target for scapegoat.

1 person likes this.
  19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I was too mad after game 4 to chime in and condemn OP, but really you shouldn't be booing players unless they are unscrupulous, or quit on the team a la the Toronto game. I mean I don't even recall us booing Luther Head and he had a mental breakdown! Glad Lin is more mentally tough than Head.

20. coffeelover665

A lot of reddit from R/nba doesn't like going here because of all the Lin talk and Lin bashing.