1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin's critical turnover in Game 4

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TesseracT, Apr 27, 2014.

1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

At the very least, Canaan needs to be in uniform for Game 5. At least have the option of going with someone else to back up Bev. Hell, the Blazers seem to get caught with their pants down whenever the Rockets mix up their rotation, so why not give him a shot? We know he and Daniels can knock down threes.

2. TheJet

TheJet Member

That's amusing. I know plenty of Ivy League and Rice grads that aren't smarter than 99% of the population. And yes, Lin is more talented at basketball than the average person. But I bet I'm a more talented musician, . So I have that going for me, which is nice. :p

You can be a fan of whomever you choose, that's fine. But please don't try to prop up your hero by unfounded claims that he's "better" than everyone else.

3. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

It doesn't matter since Lin is a negative anyways. DMo should be playing ahead of TJones who looks lost out there. and Parsons has disappeared come 4th q so why not get Casspi in for a few minutes to rest Parsons and keep him fresher for the 4Q. But none of those guys have got any burn, while the 8 rotation players are tired out. So whose fault is that?

4. Pokemon

Pokemon Member

WHO HAS THE MOST T.O. OVERALL

5. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

Well , if this was a music forum, you got me there. But this is a ball forum. OK my bad, like I said. But that small minded typewriter jockey just ticked me off with his insinuation based on race. Again, my bad for getting guttural.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

7. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

So if Lillard avg. 25/8, way over his avg in 40+ min

And bev avg 11/1 in 40 min.

How much of a negative is Bev than?

8. TheJet

TheJet Member

No harm, no foul. Most of my reply was tongue in cheek. I'm disappointed in the loss but there's no use crying over spilled milk. And as upset as we are about the less you know Jeremy has to be killing himself over this. A good kid with unfortunate decisions/bad luck at the worst possible time.

9. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

It don't matter Cuz. Two turnovers, separated by 5 minutes, both at the end of periods in a one possession game, yet one guy is nailed to the cross, and not a peep about the other guy.

10. Pokemon

Pokemon Member

Well list all the bad PG/SG in Houston Rockets History.

2013-2014= JEREMY LIN

11. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

There is a simple fact that got buried in all the Lin bash the last few games due to his boneheaded mistakes one after another,

which there are still a large amount of people failed to understand Lin's ability to run the Rocket's offense is close to minimum, if not negative.

Throwing up couple lobs to Howard occasionally and driving to the lane when Portland was double teaming Harden for a layup (even missed) does not mean you know how to run the offense.

When the ball was on Lin's hands, bad thing happened more than often in this playoff series.

If you do not believe this, check last night's game, there were 3-4 possesions in a row that Lin was dribbling the ball for no ****ing reason and then passed a weak ass soft lazy lob to harden with 5-6 seconds left, and one time he even passed to Troy with less than 2 seconds left for a bail out.

Look, Bev is never a play making PG and he never will be one. But I guarantee you that he will never have 3-4 possesions in a row like these that you just want to smash your TV right away.

Lin's problem is pretty simple, if he will make couple shots early on, he will be pumped and start making TOV on those stupid no look gambling passes or jump up and look for teammates ones. If de doesn't make these shots early on, then it will be even worse, he will be so afraid to make any mistakes and just totally kill the Rocket's offense if the ball will be on his hands.

As a human being, Lin is a good kid. As a basketball player, its just a tragic story for the Rockets.

1 person likes this.
  12. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Bev PER 9 =40 min.

Lillards PER 22

Lin's PER 11=27 min

13. persian hoopa

persian hoopa Contributing Member

So when do we burn Lin's jersey in front of his high rise apartment building? He lives at the Mosaic which is near Almeda and 288. I can be there at noon. Who else is with me. I can swing by Harwin to see if they have any knockoff Lin jerseys for sale.

14. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

The Asian Bill Buckner

[​IMG]

15. wompwomp

wompwomp Member

you should totally do it, show that asian who's boss, PERSIAN hoopa.

16. makio9

makio9 Member

I would sit Lin completely and play troy Daniels 30+ minutes. Not because Lin has screwed up two games in a row and done barely nothing all throughout them, but because Troy Daniels has proved so effective.

They always say Lin is here for marketing and money. Now we are about to find out. The guy is in no way out-playing Troy Daniels. Will he still get the minutes?

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'd give Canaan a shot. Not in crunch time, but maybe in the 2nd quarter. Seriously, it can't be any worse. At least Canaan might knock down a few threes.

18. m0lson

m0lson Member

Jeremy Lin has regressed so far from his New York days that he is hardly recognizable. Yes he was still turnover prone back then, but he was fearless and made huge plays when he had to in the 4th to get his team the win.

Now he is so timid he can't even think on the court, let alone make big plays. Every dribble, pass, and shot is second guessed.

19. makio9

makio9 Member

And to think Clutch Fans banned me from making threads now after making one that asked the question "With emerging Troy Daniels and Canaan, is there room for Lin"?.

Laughable. Yeah, I'm never wrong. Get used to it.

20. Pokemon

Pokemon Member

2005–2008= Rafer Alston