1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin's critical turnover in Game 4

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TesseracT, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

Finally, an insult that is actually funny. Thanks man, needed a good laugh.

2. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Always want to see who would win in a fight between Maxwell and Alvin Robertson :eek:

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jeremy lin really sucks if you have to compare him to random people on the internet.

Compare him to mo Williams who ate his lunch last night

Compare him to troy Daniels who played the same minutes and dropped 17 points

4. SuraGotMadHops

Jeremy Lin = Jacoby Jones

5. SuraGotMadHops

And please Clutch, change the two dot reputation description to something else other than "Jeremy Lin, starting to get dangerously good."

6. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

Another funny one. Almost as good as the Volvo.

7. luhbron

luhbron Member

has there been a greater Rocket disappointment relative to expectations upon signing? Lin has to be in that Stromile Swift territory right?

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

funny dat. Barkley had the heart of champion, was never a champion.
    He just ran into Jordan.

9. lexled

lexled Contributing Member

That was just so bad. Call the timeout. Im sure everyone was screaming at the tv like myself "watch out behind you!!!!" DAMMIT!!!! I hope his playing time gets cut in favor of Daniels. I know they dont play the same position, but I dont think we can continue giving minutes to him, especially in crunch time. Way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

10. Phillycheese

Phillycheese Member

Well they benched him in OT, look where that got them.

11. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Yes, we lost in OT because Lin wasn't playing :rolleyes:

12. pakattak

pakattak Member

Implying that Asians are smarter and better educated/richter/whatever than everyone else is racist. It's racist to people who aren't asian and are successful, and it's racist to asian people who are struggling with poverty. I'm very careful about what I say about my own ethnicity, you should be too. It's easy to give other people ammo to use against you on the internet.

13. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

But we lost the game with 50 seconds left, everything after Lin's TO doesn't count

What bev did nothing in OT, no it doesn't matter

What Parsons did nothing in OT, no it doesn't matter

Why

Because we lost the game with 50 seconds left anything that happened after a certain TO doesn't matter

- 95% of clutch fans

14. cloudng8

cloudng8 Contributing Member

The problem is if LIN held on to the ball or passed it on the Parsons, we dont go into OT and we win the game.

15. pakattak

pakattak Member

It was the catalyst for everything, though. Just as Lin's good heads-up play saved game 3, his boneheaded turnover lost game 4.

In a series as close as this had been, every little thing counts. Playoffs man.

1 person likes this.
  16. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

So we won the game with Lin on the bench?

Maybe I dreamed yesterday's game

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Of course the other stuff matters. But it's a fact that the Rockets very likely win that game if Lin doesn't turn the ball over with 33 seconds left. Just like it's a fact that that the Rockets very likely win Game 3 in regulation if Lin holds onto the ball instead of attempting that layup.

Eventually you can't just chalk this stuff up as the occasional bad play. It starts to become a disturbing pattern and when it's literally costing you playoff games, that player needs to be held accountable for those F-ups. And no, a "my bad" in a postgame interview won't suffice. Lin needs to see as little time as possible in this series from here on out. And he needs to never see the court in the last minute of regulation if the game is close.

18. munsteur

munsteur Member

Posted in another thread:

From the Official NBA Rule Book: http://mediacentral.nba.com/media/me...-Rule-Book.pdf

"A request for a timeout by a player in the game or the head coach shall be granted
    only when the ball is dead or in control of a player on the team making the request. A
    request at any other time shall be ignored."

19. Pokemon

Pokemon Member

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

20. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I'm racist because I think Asians are biased towards Jeremy Lin?

Lin very well maybe smarter then me and anybody I know, but what does that have to do with him sucking ass on the court?

More people may love Lin, but I bet I am less hated then him too. WTF do I win for that?

1 person likes this.