1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 4/27/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 26, 2014.

1. JazzLakerHater

Hopefully watching these games and watching our gimmicky STREETBALL offense will make Morey decide to go in a different direction regards to McHale

2. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Lin needs to personally apologize to Morey and promise he'll show up the rest of the series. I can't believe we lost this. Feel so bad for Morey

3. calcium

calcium Member

I'm actually quite surprised as to how religious a lot of the NBA players are.

eg
    Avery Johnson, Steph Curry, U Haslem off the top of my head.

Like really really religious.

4. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

First if there is nothingness, I won't know about it. How I could enjoy nothingness? Just like you, you would die and have no idea your belief was wrong. You can't prove an afterlife, you don't know there is an afterlife...you hope and beleif there is one.

Second...do not assume because I am Agnostic that I am certain this life is it. Most likely the experiance is just like before you were born, nothing. However, some say we could carry on in a completly different state of being.

You need to learn how to read. I NEVER said there was no God, so how did I shove it down anyones throat?

What I said was if there was a God he wouldn't give a **** about sport. Then I went onto imply there is no God by pointing out if there was wouldn't he care more about dead children than a Basketball game.

Then in response to someone saying they will pray for me, I went harder at there being no God.

Let's be frank, according to Christiantity...if I live a selfless, good life and don't accept God I will go to hell. If I rape, murder and steal from people, go to prison and find God, I will go to heaven. Sounds a bit ****ed up.

5. steady

steady Member

#insomnia is right. me too.

what this game makes me think is that the playoffs have been like an x-ray exposing the Rockets' weaknesses, that really we've had an idea about all along.

What I see is a young team that has the talent, but not yet the poise, and understanding of the individual sacrifices that need to be made to really succeed. They are young -- the youngest team in the playoffs at 25.7 average age. They will get better.

Lin was probably going to be traded in the off season anyway; that just seems more likely now.

6. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dwight Howard came to Houston to win, but his young team just doesn't seem ready <a href="http://t.co/vs73ODhFFE">http://t.co/vs73ODhFFE</a></p>&mdash; Ramona Shelburne (@ramonashelburne) <a href="https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/statuses/460701242352603136">April 28, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    Gotta feel bad for Dwight when he's definitely done his part.

7. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

LOL Mo Williams stepped out of bounds saving the ball on that Lin steal.....
    Why didn't someone call for a video review?!

[​IMG]

8. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

I saw the rest of your post further down. For space purposes, I'm responding here. I know from past experience that "debating" God and faith rarely goes well. I am only stating MY feelings here...no judging or being confrontational intended.

I believe that God's existence speaks for itself. No matter how one thinks they got here there had to be a beginning....evolution, galaxy exploded, everything sprang from a single cell protozoa or whatever(even IT had to have come from somewhere). Creation itself is evidence of God's existence IMO.

God made us all free will agents...you get to CHOOSE. Salvation is available to all for the taking. I'm always amazed that God gets all the credit for all the bad. Satan might have a little something to do with dead children, disease, etc.
    ..again IMO. My God had his only son die for me whereas other religions ask people to die for their God to achieve reward and salvation. There is nothing good about me...nothing I did myself...I am saved by GRACE. Posting on boards like this probably show just how pitiful I am. I too said I'd pray for you...meant nothing demeaning or arrogant by it. Good night/morning.

9. Rockness

Rockness Member

How can you even re-watch that game, it's so ugly with our no plays callling offense..even if we had won, I would probably not watch it until years later for nostalgic purposes.

10. TheLastPope

TheLastPope Member

Man I really want us to win for Howard, dude has left everything on the court

1 thing I'll take away from this year's playoffs (win or lose) is that Dwight Howard is truly a top 10 player

11. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Compare Stotts and Mchale throughout this series. Guess which one look calm, collected, and confident throughout and which one looked bewildered and agitated?

12. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Not even close. I'd trade Dwight for Blake Griffin straight up and through in cash.

13. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

No way.

And this is coming from me, a guy who would have rather had LMA and Marc Gasol over Dwight before the start of the season.

I'd still rather have LMA, but Dwight is a great player and he has definitely showed up and done his part. Feel bad because he took all that heat to leave the Lakers and he still may not win in the first round because of his teammates. Imagine if Dwight signed with Mavericks and played for a real coach.

14. JazzLakerHater

Pretty interesting that the article states that Howard has been frustrated by the lack of intensity on the defensive end by some of his teammates ( I think we all know who they're talking about). No kidding, I really want to see Dwight get angry and get into the faces of guys like Harden or Parsons for their embarrassing efforts on D.

15. jocar

jocar Member

We've all witnessed the last nail in the coffin

of Jeremy Lin's basketball career. No team will want him after next year. Book it.

16. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

17. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

is she trying to stir something up? she's the lead beat reporter for the lakers

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is still an ok Regular season player. His PER wasn't that bad prior to postseason.

19. Razsan

Razsan Member

Damn him for grabbing a rebound, getting HACKED by Lillard across the arms allowing Williams time to slap the ball (was he out of bounds?), then hustling back, then hustling to try and stop Williams for the 3..

You're right DAMN Lin....next time, stand around like your teammates.

20. archinkent

archinkent Member

OK I know everyone is too focused on Lin at the moment, but anyone know why we didn't call a timeout down 2 with 40 secs left in OT?