1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jeremy Lin's critical turnover in Game 4

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TesseracT, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Dabeezneez

Dabeezneez Member

I normally don't say anything about just because I get enough of it on this board but dam lin you ****ed up

2. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Well I didn't create that meme, it was only posted in jest.

And I actually have heard about Space Jam 2 but there's also this.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Well it was fun while it lasted. LeBron sources refute Deadline report, there's no Space Jam 2 or Warner Bros. project in works</p>&mdash; Brian Windhorst (@WindhorstESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/statuses/437051127922978816">February 22, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. Allegro

Allegro Member

To all the haters in this thread: do you agree that we should keep Lin out of the next game?

Here's what we should do:

(1) Play Lin less than 30 minutes next game, just like tonight and Game 2.

(2) Lose the game (and the series).

(3) Fire McHale.

It's pretty consistent: if we play Lin less than 30 minutes, we almost always lose the game. (Just like Game 2.) Since the LOHs would rather lose games than see Lin do well, let's do (1)-(3) above. That should make them very happy.

4. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

You're full of ****. I didn't say I only googled your instagram, I said I found your instagram through google. I'm sure your twitter was there too. However, I've never used twitter or instagram, nor do I have an account on either. All I do is embed stuff from there. You didn't track any IP address either lol, now you're just blatantly lying.

As far as any racial slurs you got - that's unfortunate and despicable, but you're delusional if you think I'm the only one here that doesn't like you. I'm sure someone from CF is responsible, but it's not me.

And I only call you by your full name because that's how a loving father talks sternly to his son ;)

5. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Alright guys I've devoted a majority of my posts tonight ****ting on Lin and I know Lin ****ed up since he should have passed it off or called time out, but come on it's not like that turnover was because he got stripped or because of a bad pass like usual. There's no way he could have seen Williams behind him, and the refs missed the call since Williams' foot was out of bounds.

And all this talk about benching Lin for the series is ridiculous. Yea, maybe play him less if he's sucking again and give more minutes to Daniels, but we need all the help we can get right now and if Lin plays well he'll give us that.

Btw, if our next game is on TNT, idk wtf I'm gona do. We always ****ing suck on there. It better be on ESPN

6. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

i dont usually get too upset with any individual rocket player, but man....jeremy lin was very very disappointing this game

7. iamdesperado

iamdesperado Member

AND THE SEASON! CAN'T BELIEVE THIS GUY WILL GET PAID 15M NEXT SEASON. I WISH HE NEVER EXISTED!

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Before the Lin's boneheaded play....

"When we have a plan you just have to stick with it, we said when we get the rebound, we said unless we have a clear break, we're going to take a timeout" -McHale

I guess Lin wasnt paying attention because right after the timeout, he starts dribbling around like a mad man.

These kind of turnovers are habitual with him.

He tries. Its plain as daylight that he cares and he tries.

The only other explanation is that the guy is just dumb as a rock on the basketball court.

9. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Joshua 1:9 ... Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.</p>&mdash; Jeremy Lin (@JLin7) <a href="https://twitter.com/JLin7/statuses/460679970910523392">April 28, 2014</a></blockquote>

He just needs to show up now. Make up for that pathetic mistake and have an amazing game 5

10. kastuul

kastuul Member

Excellent analysis by Calvin Murphy.
    http://www.csnhouston.com/rock...

"You can't be one-man show to win in the playoff"
    "You can't be bailed out repeatedly by Dwight's great defense, esp. when Harden lost his man"

Well, all season long Harden was handed the freedom to be one-man show so it showed up perfectly but failed. McHale should shoulder the final responsibility. Rox can't play differently in the playoff than the regular season. Rox's system is simply broken.

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Joshua 1:9 ... Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.</p>&mdash; Jeremy Lin (@JLin7) <a href="https://twitter.com/JLin7/statuses/460679970910523392">April 28, 2014</a></blockquote>
    Even Lin knows his days in Houston are numbered.

12. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Please...Not picking on you, but it sounds like a broken record now. No more chances.

13. iamdesperado

iamdesperado Member

I truly wish he gets DNP treatment for game 5.

14. jackycool

jackycool Member

Pretty much this. It seems like all of Houston wants his head. I know he doesn't like to play mad be he plays bad, but it has to be better than how he's playing now.

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

As Morey has said throughout the season. Too often the players don't don't execute what the coaching wants.

16. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Look I know the chances of him playing well are slim too. But if he's gonna tweet this stuff this is the time to show up. Our season is on the line. Best we can do as fans is hope he does play well.

17. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

IJ and EL, lets just all get along lol clearly this loss has been tough for all of us. Lin always gets an A for effort and heart. The poor guy just doesn't have enough tricks in the bag. Clearly seemed down in that interview posted earlier. Well, Looks like game 5 may be our last rockets game for this year which sucks or maybe they can stretch it to 7 or heck even a miracle. Need to sleep this one off fellas.

18. Horry4theWin

Horry4theWin Member

Reminds me of the comments Jason Kidd made about Jeremy Lin and playing in 5th gear, which also makes him prone to all the turnovers. His shaky handle is another issue. He's trying to rush the past 2 plays in the 4th without being able to think and slow it down in these type of pressure situations.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/07/12/jason-kidd-ready-to-mentor-jeremy-lin-at-point-with-knicks/

19. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

LIN is probably feeling pretty alone right now with most of the fans calling for his head. that's why he tweeted that.

20. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vh_wLpQjh6k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This video literally makes me sick.