1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Video] Troy Daniels game-winning three to beat Blazers in Game 3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 26, 2014.

1. afk

afk Member

Where did Canaan go? :confused:

2. Clarinetmonster

HAHA! I was wondering the same thing - Flagrant foul (elbow) on Hamilton?:grin:

3. Akkuron

Akkuron Member

Look at everyone's face, then look at Canaan. It's even more obvious in the video, but the guy had the biggest smile on his face from the moment Troy set up to shoot. Everybody's tense as hell and his RGV backcourt buddy couldn't be happier that it's Troy shooting the ball. It's like he knows it's going in and is already processing everything that's gonna follow in his mind and he can't help himself. Gotta love it.

4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Just added the Houston Radio call (790am) by Craig Ackerman and Joel Blank synced up to the video...

[youtube]9RbzDdyiiW4[/youtube]

2 people like this.
  5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Okay, that Craig/Joel call is amazing. I don't even know how many times I've watched that play at this point, and I'm still not tired of it.

6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Love the Asik reaction.

And to think many here wanted him shipped off for 10 cents on the dollar.

He single-handedly forced the Blazers to go small and bench Lopez last night... which should play into our hands if they continue to do so (as LMA will get tired or in foul trouble trying to muscle with Dwight down low).

7. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

Troy Daniels Wiki article was just updated.

[​IMG]

8. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I thought Wright fouled Harden there, that's why he lost the ball

9. ChippedToothLin

The Sniper from the Vipers!!! I like dat

10. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Welcome to clutchfans and #RedNation. We Rockets fans are extremely glad he's on our side because our offense does not work without great 3pt shooting.

Just be patient with our Rockets. They're young, inexperienced, often clueless on defense, but they're explosive when everything goes right.

Here on clutchfans, we complain about everything. Hey, we're diehard fans. Feel right at home. And we want to see more Daniels sniping.

Btw what's his nickname at home? Or what do his close friends call him?

11. Classic

Classic Member

Can't. Stop. Watching.

12. impressivegol

impressivegol Member

helluva play. i also feel fortunate they didn't call Harden on a loose ball foul. I can't even tell 100% but it appears like he's why Mo Williams goes down when i watch it over and over? i was in a car watching this on the watch espn app on my iphone going beserk.

still annoying and bothersome that the 11pt lead in the 4th disintegrated again.

13. beastlyball

beastlyball Member

Even with the best possible outcome to happen, happened, some still find a way to blame Lin. SMH...

14. vator

vator Contributing Member

Okay I've watched this 17 times now. Am I obsessing? If you haven't watched it with the Craig Ackerman voice over, you're doing yourself a disservice as a Rockets fan. That guy is fantastic.

1 person likes this.
  15. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/b8uq6agsfdg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src="//instagram.com/p/nQ4fitQ3NS/embed/" width="612" height="710" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

#175 redhotrox, Apr 27, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  16. downbytheriver

Since troy played for the Vipers and broke all kinds of 3 pt nbdl records, what if a non affiliate team like the Spurs or Mavs wanted to sign him for the playoffs? Could they have done it?

17. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

18. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

<iframe src="http://gfycat.com/iframe/AbsoluteRegularChimneyswift" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="600" height="338" ></iframe>

19. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Yup. That's what the DLeague is for, to showcase and develop players for the NBA.

That's why we signed him up last Feb even though we were not ready to play him yet on the Rockets. He had been receiving numerous inquiries from teams so Morey moved fast to lock him up.

Maybe we could have used him sooner but in a way, it was good to keep him in the DLeague where he could play heavy minutes rather than sit on the bench with us.

20. Progs

Progs Member

Good stuff. Really happy for him.