1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 4/27/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 26, 2014.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Harden on last night's game: &quot;We still haven't played our best game yet.&quot; <a href="http://t.co/8oSt3f2gcT">pic.twitter.com/8oSt3f2gcT</a></p>&mdash; Houston Rockets (@HoustonRockets) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets/statuses/460136438546173952">April 26, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This team has to learn how to hold on to leads late in the game. 2 blown 11 point leads with 7 minutes or less to go is pretty much unacceptable.

3. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

They were in the bonus with 9 minutes left. They were trickled back in to the game.

Saying that, didn't Houston go like 8 minutes without a FG late in the 4th? Bad time to do that, but we won, and that is all that matters.

4. DwightHoward13

I think you mean Games 3 and 4. But I hope you are right with that.

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I suppose I'll accept that explanation. <_< Him saying we haven't played our best game yet makes me feel a lot better.

6. yummyhawtsauce

I hate how everytime batum or lillard sees harden guarding them, they demand the ball and blow right by him, i hope harden takes offense to that

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dwight on guarding Aldridge: &quot;We just have to make him take tough shots, that's the key.&quot; <a href="http://t.co/RXZXar7XX3">pic.twitter.com/RXZXar7XX3</a></p>&mdash; Houston Rockets (@HoustonRockets) <a href="https://twitter.com/HoustonRockets/statuses/460139120296095744">April 26, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. Type Raba

Type Raba Member

too much switching on defense. lillard vs anyone besides bev is a mismatch.

9. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Harden need NEVER be switched on Lillard again.

10. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Why does all this talking sound familiar? Watch him lay a turd in a blowout loss.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yes, they all need to stop talking and just go play. Your play will do all the talking.

"I'm the best SF"
    "Pressure is off us"
    blah blah blah

Enough. Go play ball.

1 person likes this.
  13. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Yeah, thanks. I agree with Harden's comments that the Rox haven't played their best game yet - let's do it in game 4.

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The winner of this game likely wins the series. Tomorrow we'll find out if this is the 1994 Suns series or the 2008 Jazz series.

15. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

What do you mean, all this talking? What did he say that was so out of there?

16. A New Age

A New Age Contributing Member

look, reporters ask these guys questions and they have to answer with something. give the guy a break--if he shuts up and shuns the press, he gets criticized for avoiding the scrutiny. for god's sake let's give this team a break.

:rolleyes:

17. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

I agree that the pressure is on portland. If they lose tomorrow, they will have blown a 2-0 lead and given back home court advantage.

Rockets still expected to lose this series, so just go out and play. Keep the pressure on them. I hope harden and chandler come out on fire next game. We have yet to play well.

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Its pretty clear that the pressure is on us. If we lose tomorrow, we go down 1-3. If we win, we tie it up. Portland has shown that they are more than capable of winning at the TC. Harden just ensured that Portland will bring their A game.

19. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

You are right - the pressure is definitely on us to win. However, I am not sure I want Harden to play like the world is on his shoulders. He just needs to play like James Harden.

20. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Nah. Pressure was on the Rockets in game one because they had homecourt and most people picked Portland. Once going down 0-2, the pressure begins to leave as the Blazers are no expected to take the series. Its obvious there is more pressure on Portland to win game four as they are the ones that took the 2-0 series lead. Not saying there isnt any pressure on the Rockets, its the playoffs after all, but there is definitely more on the Blazers. Especially considering this game is in Portland.