1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 4/25/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Clarinetmonster

That one was sickening - could not believe my eyes.

2. solodolo

solodolo Member

If that scrub Daniels didn't make that shot yeah we wouldve lost .

I say scrub because I remember you calling him that so thank you scrub Daniels

3. torocan

torocan Member

No idea what video feed you're using, but if you're looking at the CSN feed you're going to get a different video angle.

Take a look at the ESPN feed (which is what I watched).

The actual play is at 1:46

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5cLdOtrMtE

What I see is a 4 v 4 with a late Portland trailer. Our guys were all in position minus Lin and one Portland player, and there was no exploiting of a 5v4 man advantage. What I see is a walking pull 3 over Harden.

Our defense was NOT out of position. I see 4 guys matched up to 4 guys on the perimeter, and no passes to exploit any kind of mismatch (which there was none in terms of numbers).

I don't see ANY wide open guys. All our guys were within a few steps of their men.

Sure, you can call that 'transition', but it wasn't like there was a scramble or out of position defense to exploit.

4. l4z4rd

l4z4rd Member

indeed, it was a 4v4 situation with LMA still trailing and not a factor when Batum nailed the 3 in front of Harden.

5. Razsan

Razsan Member

That wasn't my point.. I thought it was a GREAT play that he didn't finish. Lin is getting blamed for overtime yet there were tons of other easy buckets that were missed and yes...plenty of time on the clock.

6. chatterjb

chatterjb Member

I just really wish the Rockets would get back to playing like they were back in late February and March. We need the entire rotation to be playing their best at the same time. Just imagine if Parsons, TJones, Howard, Bev, Lin, AND Harden were firing on all cylinders. If the Rockets can get back in that groove, there is no way these games even end up being as close as they have been. This is especially true when Portland goes to their bench. Rockets had opportunities to blow Games 1 and 3 wide open...I'm talking 20+ point leads.

Don't get me wrong....I am beyond ecstatic that we won last night. Just offering constructive criticism.

7. Clarinetmonster

I called him a scrub? Don't remember that - just said it wasn't time to replace lin's minutes with Daniels and Canaan (for the idiots who were saying so) - I was actually calling for court time for Daniels yesterday before the game.

8. yunac010

yunac010 Member

Unfortunately it doesn't matter how well Dwight is playing. If we lose this series the media is going to butcher the guy even though most of the time it looks like Dwight and scrubs out there.

9. Clarinetmonster

People just don't seem to understand that Daniels is a sub for Parsons/Garcia - not Lin/Harden - he's not a playmaker - he's our Novak with slightly better D. You don't replace Lin's minutes with Novak on the Knicks.

10. gold555

gold555 Member

There are a lot of jerks like this.
    How many haters can change their attitude?
    Very few!

11. guanwangzhe

guanwangzhe Member

Great video! Thank you for sharing the game highlight.

12. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Enough with the hate for Lin missing the layup. He has been solid this series unlike Parsons and until last night Harden.

13. jaychi

jaychi Member

I am happy but we got lucky

I think there were so many instances wherein we shoud have lost the game:

1.) Portland were getting free midrange and three point looks that luckily did not go in. There were created based of good ball movement and good screens.

2.) Harden doing iso late in the game that almost cost us. too many one on one plays.

3.) they abandoned the harden and howard low PNR late in the game. don't know why Mcfail did not continue. I think they only did it once in overtime.

4.) so many missed shots from harden. Missed shots because of too much iso

The positives:

Omer played well. Lin just missed an easy layup but overall good play. Great defense by Howard

Conclusion:

We just got lucky. If you compare the possession from ours to Portland. Portland's possession were created through ggod plays. Ours were mostly forced. We should have won Game 1 but we could have lost Game 3 also.

14. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

I'm shocked we won. Portland just looked like they're the better team all night long.

15. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

And my rebuttal to you is the Blazers also got lucky with some of William's and Lillard's circus shots.

Conclusion: They just got lucky cutting the lead.

16. gold555

gold555 Member

|o|, true.
    public youtube has more positives than "real fans" here.

2 people like this.
  17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

meh, all three games have been knife edge games

18. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

And they got lucky the first 2 games..

19. Clarinetmonster

Don't forget, LMA's foul on Lin should ABSOLUTELY been a flagrant - watch the replay - it's heinous.

20. A New Age

A New Age Contributing Member

yes, appreciate the video. fire it up at 3:55 and pay really close attention at 4:32. :eek::eek:

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/24etDfmzK1U?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/24etDfmzK1U?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>