1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 4/25/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 24, 2014.

1. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

We will just agree to disagree here. IF Dwight touches the ball, they are DEFINITELY fouling. May foul someone else. I know this is a shock but a LOT of time the player that fouls thinks he DIDN'T foul. Go figure. I'm still laughing here...I'm sorry I don't have an answer to Harden and the 4 pointer...I think that one takes the cake.

2. Andrew Wiggins

It would have been 32-35 seconds, even if we dont get the rebound everyone knows to get back on defense and portland takes a timeout. Worst case scenario is they hit a three and tie the game with 8-12 seconds left for us to score. The clock was our best friend in that situation, we just had to use it right.

I am glad we did not learn from it the hard way and got the w. That layup rolling out is a perfect description of how this series has gone for the rockets. Everything portland throws up goes in, while we cant even get a layup to go in.

3. AuburnRocket

We see it the same way for sure. I'd rather WORST case that Portland needs a 3 with my entire defense back and in place and I'm still going to have the 8-12 seconds left to WIN. Again, WORST case. Hey, may get 1 or 2 FT or make a shot. Indeed, the clock was our best friend. But, it's not life or death here. And, WE WON as you say.

4. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I think Clutch only posted that video because he wanted to show Harden giving up that WIDE OPEN 3 to Batum. There was no excuse to leave him as Aldridge was still in the backcourt, making it a 4 on 4. But that's cool.

5. adobo

adobo Member

Oh My God! Are you guys fo realz? This is the first time ive been on the game thread because I was with friends watching, enjoying and celebrating the game and hardly had time to go to CF other than the "Jeremy Lin is a Joke" thread to defend him after his OT redemption. But I seriously go back 3-5 pages and its all about Lin?? FFS....what has this forum become? Just a bash LIN forum? Even tho he was pivotal in winning the game? Geez

6. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

Rewatching the game right now and man how fortuitous was it that Parsons fouled out in OT ? No way he hits that 3 Daniels did the way he was playing all game.

7. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Lol, we wouldn't have even been in OT if he hadn't screwed up. Either pull it out or dunk the ball. We would'nt have had to rely on a miracle

8. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

LOL at LOFs who think we don't talk about Harden or McHale here.

I've said it a million times by now: The only BIAS here is from Lin fans. They don't want equal treatment, they want special treatment... they expect Jeremy Lin to be above any criticism for his play and attack those who do.

It's a video... that's all. It happened. I didn't fabricate it... it is exactly what it is. It's part of the story of how Jeremy redeemed himself in overtime (which is why I posted it... please feel free to read the front page). And yes, it was the reason we went to overtime.

9. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Exactly. We've all been crushing harden and Mchale the last couple of days

10. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

No one hates Jeremy Lin that is a Rockets fan. No one hates Dwight Howard that is a Rockets fan.

However, your post is downright disgusting.

Clutch didn't stir the pot or "water" as you wrote.

ANY coach in the NBA, and I'd wager the majority of veteran players, would agree that Lin made a SIGNIFICANT mental error.

His decision to drive to the basket without his teammates could have easily cost us the game.

Is it all of Lin's fault that we didn't play well? No way.

But when a game is tied in critical situations, NBA players understand that taking care of the ball, controlling the clock and making the most of every possession in crunch time is EVERYTHING.

Plain and simple, Jeremy tried to be a hero because he saw an opening, and it backfired badly.

Does it make him a bad person or player? Absolutely not.

Does it show inexperience and a temporary bball IQ deficit? Maybe

There is no defense to Jeremy's decision on this play other than, "I'm sure he had good intentions."

That doesn't mean anything when it comes down to pulling out a win on the road in a playoff game.

Jeremy had NO business going 1 on 3. The game was ours, and Jeremy made a huge mistake. Luckily, he redeemed himself.

It seems like you are defending your hero and failing to recognize that the Rockets play a team game which depends on smart decisions.

We are lucky that Jeremy's mental lapse was fixable. Overall, his game was decent, but his drive to the basket, in my opinion, is inexcusable for an NBA player of his calibur during game 3 of the playoffs.

Be honest with yourself.

JLin is a decent guard and a good guy, but he deserves ever piece of criticism he gets for this play. Harden is getting grilled for his shooting percentage.

You're worried about Clutch recognizing Lin redeeming himself? Really?

Goodnight!

11. AuburnRocket

First of all Clutch...thanks for posting the video. I wish I could listen to Bill,Clyde and Bull but at least I got that little bit. And yes, the time I've been on here I think almost every player has been discussed at one time or another. The video shows that at the time Jeremy took off 4 of the 5 Portalnd players were IN FRONT of him. He obviously though he could catch them flat footed and get to the basket. He couldn't have passed to Harden because Harden or no other Rocket player was on that side of the court. After watching, it is LAUGHABLE to think any of our other 4 players could have gotten there.

12. adobo

adobo Member

No i think with these sort of videos your ONLY stirring the pot. Why didn't you show the Harden miss in the 2nd last possesion, or the Harden dribbling the ball before calling the time out in the last possesion or other millions of other mistakes we have had WHEN WE ACTUALLY LOST in the past 2 close games?

I have defended Harden in the past 2 games when everyone in this forum is ganging up on him....I don't want to see ppl ganging up on our players ESPECIALLY when WE actually won! Geez...enjoy the WIN for once, and lets not bash any of our players for once in this series

13. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

I think the problem stems from instead of just discussing bball, things become personal and attacks/accusations are made. We are all entitled to different opinions and it should just end there. Clutch has every right to give his opinion about a play without being labeled as a hater and likewise you LOFs can also express your opinions as long as it related to the bball play itself. I personally think that specific play could have been played either way given the specific circumstances, but that's just my opinion.

14. AuburnRocket

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. It is a forum for OPEN discussion as I understand it. Just because you have an opinion one way doesn't mean everyone must bend to your way of thinking. It would be pretty dull if people were confined (within reason) to posting only a certain way. BTW, Harden's miss is a shot not a bonehead play. His dribbling the ball could have resulted in not advancing the ball...not losing though. Was it a mental lapse..yes. However, the plays are not REMOTELY close in significance. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

15. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Can someone explain to me the order of the headlines on NBA.com?

[​IMG]

16. ish1973

ish1973 Member

Lin is consistent in the 4Q and OT. He is a good fit to Harden to share the attacking duties. PB, Lin and Harden should be put on the floor in the final 5 mins of the game.

17. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

great comeback game for Harden, like a true leader he led by example and led us to victory!

18. adobo

adobo Member

Okay maybe I was a bit over reacting. Bit intoxicated at the moment...was just not expecting to see pages and pages about Lin in the game thread when i came in. I know it's human nature to point fingers etc.. Was just hoping to see ppl with a bit more celebratory posts on the game thread. I have looked back on older pages on the game thread and I can see posts celebrating the win which is good to see...maybe ive just come in at the wrong pages of the thread. anyway...u guys carry on

19. JazzLakerHater

I hate to complain after a win, but this team's basketball IQ really baffles me at times.

20. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

They need to play more 2K and learn about that "shot clock cheese."