1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Blazers 4/25/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Nero

Nero Member

THE LUCKY SHIRT WORKED

WILL WEAR SUNDAY

YOU'RE WELCOME

:grin:

1 person likes this.
  2. haydenfisher342

what scares me the most about the TT line up is FOUL TROUBLE. All it takes is for a whistle happy ref to take over, and cause it all to be up in flames. If they let the teams play it works, if they try to tell the teams something with the ticky tac stuff, Good bye rockets

3. Rox23

Rox23 Member

I'll admit Lin has balls. That blown layup was testimony. Not afraid to take the big shot. But still...

4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I may have missed it in all the excitement:

Just wanted to give Harden major props for rescuing his stuff-up at the end.
    He loses the ball, instead of giving up on the play, dives full length to knock it away from the Portland player and towards Lin. Lin wisely passes to Troy Daniels who is automatic for the people.

Could have ended in a turnover to Harden, but he at least compensated for his mistake by attacking the ball and saving possession for the Rockets.

6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

7. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

If we go on to win this series, that play by Lin and Daniels will be a historic ROX playoff moment

8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

It was embarrassing. The only way a professional basketballer should take that shot is if they dunk it.

Blown wide open layup instead of dribbling the clock down, results in Portland having a transition opportunity. Oh my.

9. kastuul

kastuul Member

Lin's back injury is still bothering him.

He got hit on the face very bad to draw the foul.

10. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

Meh...If he made it, he becomes the hero. If you're that wide open you go for the easy 2 pts. Unfortunately for him, he missed it.

11. kastuul

kastuul Member

Lin is a good finisher.

His back injury really hurt his FG% after NOV.

He didn't dunk at all after the Dallas game.

12. Penetrate&Creat

13. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

He was the reason? Are you freaking kidding me? Yes he missed an easy layup but if harden made one more shot we didn't have to go to ot either. So was harden the one to blame? Of course not!

Be reasonable.

14. JazzLakerHater

I can't think of a team that has consistently made as many ridiculous shots as this Portland team. Good lord, some of the shots guys Lillard, LMA, and Batum makes are just absurd.

15. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Honestly all the criticism on this board for that missed layup is well deserved. You either make the layup or you don't shoot it and hold it.

Luckily he played well in overtime to help us get the win tho

16. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

Damn, Clutch is being extra with that bias.

17. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

I ain't neither of what you mentioned above, in fact, I was just stating the truth.

When Lin picked up the ball and drove inside, his focus was all on ball, and he didn't even spot Dwight down low. The moment he turned his head up, the only opportunity was the wide open Daniels. (Just stop the reply when he was in the lane, all defense was sucked in as the blazers scrambled to protect the rim. That explains why LaMarcus was late closing in on Troy's 3.)

It's always easier said than done, and if I play 2K14, I would have thrown a lob pass to Dwight for an easy oop. Just give credit to Lin for his pass and hustle play down the stretch, and no bias.

18. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

With 55 secs left and with the momentum and ridiculous shots the Blazers were hitting, I don't think it was a bad choice to go for that layup under those circumstances (he had the step on them all). It's just one of those shots....you make it...good, you miss it..you're a bonehead. With that said, he should have made that shot or tried to dunk it. Fortunately for Lin he did redeem himself with that hustle play.

19. mig0s

mig0s Member

Clutchfans logic: James Harden missed 23 shots this game. Lin missed 6. We almost lost cuz of Lin.

20. kastuul

kastuul Member

So disgusting CF posting Lin's missing layup.

Real fans shouldn't do that,
    That's what POR fans do.

When did they post Harden's defense or turnover video?