1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Game 2 Podcast: Are you only the legend or are you the truth?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 24, 2014.

1. RyanB

RyanB Member

3 quick thoughts:

Mc Hale is not a champ coach: no system, no defense
    Harden: really hard to understand what's happening to him
    Midrange game is actually as important as 3s and layups

Firing McHale is the first step
    Getting a "system first" coach and defensive minded
    Getting a 3rd star

2. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Complacency kills, and this team has it in spades.

3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Next two games will tell us who deserve to be here next year, egardless of win or losses. It is gut check time.

4. Remlap

Remlap Member

5. steady

steady Member

Harden just generally hasn't looked right to me for the last month or so. In the last 10 games of the season he shot at 50 % or above, only twice. He most often shot about 40% in those games, and he also had 11% and 25% games.

Then he walks into the playoffs and has Portland try to run him ragged on defense. And so he's trying to play better defense and still at the same time be the primary playmaker and the primary scorer for the team.

Harden doesn't get a pass, but I also don't think the coaching staff put him in a good position to succeed.

6. steady

steady Member

I agree with this. In a way, I think the Rockets would have been better off drawing the warriors, or even the spurs in the first round.

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It doesn't matter who we drew. Rockets aren't beating any team in a series playing like this.

8. rokit

rokit Member

great post.

9. Nook

Nook Member

It has only been 2 games, let's see what happens... This kind of reminds me of when we were up 2-0 on Dallas.

10. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Or when we were 2-0 on Utah.

11. clutz

clutz Member

MK Bower is a weirdo.

12. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Yeah, we could use his lock-down D. :rolleyes:

13. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Harden needs to get in better shape. Forget all this being played too many minutes & being run ragged on defense excuses. Get in shape & commit yourself to being a two-way player!!!!! Also, attack the basket relentlessly....

14. clutz

clutz Member

Have you ever seen a game of basketball before?

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Man, these podcasts are the best - you and MK have a good Rappaport, and you don't always agree, but you do it with intelligence and a healthy respect, and that makes for good listening.

I don't know how you are going to get to Portland for game 3, but I can't wait to hear it.

;)

DD

16. novaman

novaman Member

This is on McHale- The Rockets have talent- they just aren't well coached.

17. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

On the flip side, statistically, it's either lose first round or win the championships for the red nation. :)

18. aznjeff

aznjeff Member

Now i feel like its better if we lose this series so mchale can get fired. its a majority his fault. he continues to let harden iso even when he is ice cold and continues to have stagnant and basically no offense. the defense is even worse allowing lazy defense by harden and lack of effort when players get blown by and slow if any rotations on defense.
    harden is cold, so run plays to his strength but mchale just continues to uses the dwight-go-screen-the- ball-handler offense

19. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

+ even when we struggle from 3 we don't play Troy Daniels. Even though it was a small sample size he seems to have rare 3 point shooting ability. When nothing is working, I don't understand why we wouldn't try to mix it up.

20. solid

solid Contributing Member

I agree, win or lose, it is how they respond and how hard and smart they play. Critical. These are the times that test the "character" of players AND coaches, a dress rehearsal for next season.