1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL Schedule

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by FLASH21, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Shaud

Shaud Member

Surprised eagles vs skins didn't make it to primetime

2. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

over/under win total 8.5??? That seems way too high

3. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Wow...Vegas betting big on the Texans...hoping the public picks the under...

4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Definitely a "favorable" schedule. But I would guess 6 wins

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Vegas realizes what I realize. Texans quit last season on Kubiak. Defense especially. Offensively with Arian back it's totally different. Texans loss a handful of games because we had no running attack whatsoever.

Get healthy and get some more pieces like a QB and Texans the 8.5 is justified.

6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I'd guess 8 wins, but the optimist in me says we could win 10 without major injuries and with decent qb play.

Really not that bad of a schedule.

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I actually see more enticing 3:30 National games this year than SNF games.

Then again, niners-seahawks is on Thanksgiving (essentially a SNF game)... and the second game they play is a fox 3pm national game.

SNF has to get their fill of the NFC East without fail... and usually its a fail when the Cowboys are featured. They also have multiple Bears and Steelers games this year... boring.

But we're getting to the point where everybody has access to ALL the games, regardless of when they're played, so its not really feeling as "exclusive" as it once did.

8. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

"Not that bad of a schedule"

We went 2-14, there aren't really many "easy" games

9. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

lets also factor in the teams with rookie(s) who we didn't take #1 :p

lots of story lines

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Shhh, nobody here really believes this is a 2-14 team lol. They think it was all Matt Scahub and Kubiak's fault.

11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

9-7. Not being delusional.

Mostly I'm hopeful we'll draft well and that the coaching will be much improved.

12. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Clowney and Bortles in the second I'm saying a 5-0 start

13. Jet Blast

Jet Blast Contributing Member

Looking a little bit closer at the schedule, the Texans do not play anybody coming off their bye. I always thought that was a disadvantage when that happens.

There are two occurrences when the Texans play a team that played a Thursday nighter the week before. Cleveland in week 11 and Jacksonville in week 17. Those two teams will get 10 days to prepare for the Texans.

14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Funny enough, we also managed to draw zero teams who played a monday night game the week prior.

As for the schedule as a whole, there are only 4 "good" teams on it.

It looks to be pretty soft, but it won't matter if we don't have a QB... so there's no sense in making predictions.

15. 45souf

45souf Member

I can see us going 4-0 to start the season. My head says 3-1.We are reloading rather than rebuilding

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

It was. But I agree with your sentiment.

17. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Well, considering the fact that we had zero QB play...no Foster, no Daniels, no Cushing, no Manning, no RT...it's not bad that we were able to lose 9 of our games by one possession. It's not like we were getting our asses handed to us. The two most important positions, QB and coaching, we got dominated in.

At least this year, worst case, Fitz is better than anything we had last year...and our coaching will now be a staff that can make adjustments. At the same time, we are able to reload and replace the losses of Manning, Daniels, etc... which you cant really do mid-season, unless you call Keo a decent replacement.

This team is not far off from 9 wins at all. Given the schedule, it's hard to assume anything, but an 8 win season is more than attainable...and actually more likely than not.

And 2015 is a completely different story...that'll be a playoff team.

18. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

I can't make any predictions without knowing something, anything about the quarterback play.

19. TexasStake

TexasStake Member

lol..... First 4 look tough to me:

Skins (don't know what to expect.... healthy RGIII? upgraded WRs? Oline? Dline? DBs?)
    Beisdes, the Texans may be trotting out a rookie QB for that game.

@Raiders - - Totally revamped team. You're not playing the Oakland Raiders, you're playing bits and pieces from every other NFL team lol

@Giants - - see Skins above... theyve upgraded alot of departments.

Bills - - I predict EJ Manuel will be more skilled then any QB the Texans trot out with. The defenses equal out but I give the slight edge to Buffalo with their offense/special teams.

Could be 4 L's lol

20. Remii

Remii Member

The team wasn't that good before the injuries. Brady and Rodgers showed us that the year before. The Texans took advantage of being in a weak division and now the teams in the AFC are getting better.

But last year had more to do with Foster being out than anyone else. He helped the Texans defense by moving the chains and keeping the opposing offense off the field.

I think anyone expecting a quick turnaround this coming season is in for a surprise. I'd be excited if they get 5-7 wins and build for being a potential playoff contender the following year... Hopefully.