1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 4/23/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 21, 2014.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

that is just ****ing insane :eek:

2. Karolik

Karolik Member

Please explain how playing Jeremy Lin will stop LMA.

kthxbye

3. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Wes Matthews on Harden: &quot;I don’t know how much is us and how much is him missing shots. But we’ll take it either way. I don’t really care.&quot;</p>&mdash; Jenny Dial Creech (@jennydialcreech) <a href="https://twitter.com/jennydialcreech/statuses/459208575668076545">April 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

4. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I agree it's irritating when people single him out, but I was hardly doing that - just pointed out that he didn't exactly 'bring it' as the other poster stated. At best, it was average and everyone else was bad as well.

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

That is how you respond...like a vet without saying anything for a bulletin board...

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

A big question...

Why did we go away from the TT?

Because it was working in the 1st quarter and I don't think we ever saw it again? We were dominating in the post and what not...I mean I don't remember us trying it ever again after that?

7. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>James Harden just called Frank Blinebury a &quot;weirdo&quot; to end a debate. What is going on...</p>&mdash; The Dream Shake (@DreamShakeSBN) <a href="https://twitter.com/DreamShakeSBN/statuses/459198501113438208">April 24, 2014</a></blockquote>

8. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

you know it's fake right...?:confused:

9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

can't bear to watch games 3/4, will follow updates on Twitter instead

10. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Why is it that almost every week, or every important game, and now every playoff game, that SOMEONE has a CAREER night burning the Rockets?

Oh, my bad.... D.E.F.E.N.S.E. (or lack there of I should say)

11. Cloudx9

Cloudx9 Member

Stopping LMA was only half the problem. The other half is selfish one on one offense in the 2nd half. No ball movement or plays ran. I swear Mchale doesn't actually coach.

12. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Is that you troy?

13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Check the stats...the moment the staff decided to bring back Caspi and Garcia into the rotation, the tail spin was clearly evident..

14. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

Kevin "Players Coach" McHale

15. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

They just need 1 game. They get game 3 and its a new series.

1 person likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Dwight Howard has lost the last 7 playoff games he has played in. The last time he was on the court for a playoff win was April 26, 2011.</p>&mdash; Arash Markazi (@ArashMarkazi) <a href="https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/statuses/459212251765813249">April 24, 2014</a></blockquote>

17. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

They need both. Win one game you're still down 1-3 and I don't see us beating them 3x in a row.

Need to win both, so we have 3 games to win 2 games.

18. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

The Dad's head should be McHale, then this gif would be perfect.

I am lost for words, seriously. Y'all saw the game…Harden just didn't show up tonight. If Harden plays 'Harden Ball' then we're up 2-0, if he plays like he is playing at the moment, we are where we are.

Dwight had it going early, then we stopped going to him, or feeding him properly.

Lin should've got more minutes.

Parsons should never play power forward against LMA.

On the subject of LMA, a Double team would be nice. Not one double team all night…not one. Send Powell out there to put LMA on his backside hard when he's showing us up! Who cares if his mom is in the building.

Rebounds, Rebounds, Rebounds….?

Box Out…Box Out…Box Out…?

One positive is that the officiating in this game was pretty good…there was one or two bad calls, but all in all they ref'ed a good game…& we still couldn't capitalise.

We are now the Chicago Bulls of the West…except the Bulls don't have 2 Superstars and are actually playing with Heart.

I left our Easter vacation early & drove 3 hours home to see us give our hard-fought Homecourt advantage to a team from Portland…a city so bad that it has no other major sports teams.

I am very upset at the moment & will stop typing before I backslide.

Here's hoping we can still win it in 6…or 7.

19. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Harden losing it.

Trade his scrub Ass!

20. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Thinking the same thing when he did foul...unfortunately, for the Rockets, too little time left in the game. The game was essentially over once the Rockets' star player decided to mentally not check into the game.