1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 4/23/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 2)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 21, 2014.

1. moetherolla

moetherolla Member

Harden has a lot of quit in him. Defensive scheme is just wrong. Have to double LMA, or at the least not leave him open. Morey's offensive principles don't win playoff series.

2. DocRock

DocRock Member

So you'd rather let Lillard dribble 24 seconds off the clock and have 6 seconds to hit a 3, steal the ball, and hit another 3? Are you people braindead?

3. conquistador#11

i am extremely confident mchale will come up with glorious 'strategery' to contain LMa.
    infact, he said, " We were trying to send a double team his way but he was shooting before we got there."

Sooner or later he'll figure it out.

4. hiro protagonis

HAHA! no kidding.

5. lomahtw

lomahtw Member

perhaps, just perhaps, this could be the plan of getting rid of Mchale. just maybe. we sacrifice the series but get a real head coach.

6. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

What a pansy you are.....you gonna cry like a little girl ? A foul is a foul...there are pansy fouls and hard fouls...make 'em count.

7. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

The one easy shot Harden got was off a screen. Then we don't ask him to do that again tonight.

Freelance offense is not built for the playoffs.

8. Progs

Progs Member

That team also had Hakeem Olajuwon :(

9. MystikArkitect

Anyone else catch McHale saying that "we tried doubling him but he shot too fast". Dude wtf are you watching, I don't think I saw them double him once. This dude...my goodness. Don't know what else to say. Flabbergasted.

10. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I blame the 8:30 game. Blazers are used to playing late games.

11. brunojb5

brunojb5 Member

You loose the first game with LMA having a 46 point night. The you look to the second game box score and guess what? He scored 43!!! I am sure McHale would say Houston improved the defense on him (3 points less).

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Series is over...anyone thinking anything different is totally smoking something...losing 2 straight at home...and we dont have a player like Hakeem. The Rockets are gonna find out what it means to be swept...with homecourt. The Rockets and Mchale have totally let down our fans and city...

I dont blame Harden for being cold now...he carried us the entire season.
    I dont blame Howard...he showed up twice.
    I do blame Mchale for allowing a player as hot as LMA for torching single coverage.
    I do blame the bench for not showing up(once again Mchale for not using it wisely)
    I do blame fans for overrating our team.
    I do blame Tracy mcgrady. It's his damn fault!

Nail in the coffin, the series is done.

13. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

After game one "guys, its only one game, don't panic". After game two, "guys, its just two games, don't panic". After game three, will the optimists be saying "only three games guys, portland needs four". Please.

14. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

This was not the way I was wanting my vacation to start but I'm on vacation for the next couple of weeks so I hope it ends better.

15. T4Buckets

T4Buckets Member

How does your superstar SG shoot 8-26 the first game and 4-17 the next? The playoffs are when Harden really needs to show up, so disappointing to see

16. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

LMA is the new Rocket killer

17. E-Man

E-Man Member

This team has me so pissed off right now...............aghhhhhh! What was the point in having home court!???:mad:

SEASON IS OVER!!!!

18. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Well rockets have been up 2-0 and lost before...so who knows...

19. Solaris

Solaris Member

MVP! MVP! MVP!

20. rocketman619

rocketman619 Member

The Rockets are down but not out. We cannot disappear with our support for this team. The Rockets need to double LaMarcus Aldridge and let everyone else beat them. Besides Lillard, make them prove that the others can step up!

1 person likes this.