1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Texans #1 Draft Pick Thread (2.0)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 3, 2014.

?

What should the Texans do with the #1 Pick?

Poll closed May 1, 2014.
  1. Anthony Barr

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Blake Bortles

0.3%
  3. Teddy Bridgewater

9.4%
  4. Jadeveon Clowney

56.8%
  5. Khalil Mack

1.9%
  6. Johnny Manziel

26.6%
  7. Jake Matthews

1.6%
  8. Greg Robinson

1.0%
  9. Sammy Watkins

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Undecided

2.3%
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Inevitability.

[​IMG]

2. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

The fact that Kiper threw out the proverbial "it factor" indicates he is saying/hearing bullocks

Bridgewater is a rich man's Alex Smith, Id take that

Smith with much better pocket presence, poise and a timing and anticipation

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yes. He stands out to me.

4. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I just don't see a scenario in which Bridgewater slips out of the first round. Anything's possible - but I'd be shocked if the Jets (18), Cardinals (20) and Browns (26) all pass on him (assuming Cleveland doesn't take a QB at 4). And if he does make it past those three teams (as well as the other 5-6 QB needy teams ahead of them), I would guess a team would move up to get him ahead of #33.

Having said that, how incredible would it be to come out of this draft with Clowney *and* Bridgewater?

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I'm not sure BO'B would take him at 2-1. Remember, BO'B wants a cerebral, durable guy. TB is neither.

7. Summer Song Giver

From the article, I'd take the average of all the players they listed as the next LT from Clowney if the Texans drafted him.

The average is 9 seasons as a starter, 3 pro bowl appearances, and 1 all pro selection.

If he can play up to the average of all those guys listed, you get a heck of a football player; of course the average means nothing with respect to Clowney and his future in the league.

But "the next LT's" overall did pretty okay for themselves and I think that's the gist of the article, his ceiling is LT and while he has a floor it has to be set much higher than a lot of the other players in this draft, that said it still all means nothing when discussing future output.

8. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

You do realize Teddy B is not the only player in the draft right?? You might be on suicide watch if good ole BOB took Teddy in the 2nd rd.

9. Summer Song Giver

Texx, I just did a quick search (http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/teddy-bridgewater-1.html) and TB started all his college games as best as I can tell (durability) and his on field play seems to contradict his 'Lic score (cerebral), so this just sounds like hate.

10. bigtexxx

skinny guys' durability in the NFL is quite different than college. Bigger, faster players in the NFL

11. Summer Song Giver

Guys that are built like tanks have durability problems in the NFL and skinny guys have succeeded. It's an assumption to think TB will have durability problems and that contradicts your statement directly.

12. bigtexxx

So in your opinion size and durability show zero correlation in the NFL?

Seriously, bro?

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

#653 J.R., Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  14. Raven

Raven Member

15. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Lol, apparently Teddy Bridgewater is to trolls as to what junk food is to obese people.

You got trolls who love him, trolls who hate him, and trolls who indulge just to make themselves feel better about themselves and whatever agenda they are pushing.

16. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Nice find. Checked for this earlier, I guess it posted after.

17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

The jets are not giving up on Geno after one year. The Cards are trying to win now and they're not using their 1st round pick on a QB. The Browns could grab him at 26 if they don't take Manziel with the earlier pick. But who knows if he's even rated highly on their board. At this point, it won't be a surprise if Teddy falls into the 2nd and we may even have Savage or someone else rated higher.

18. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

Bridgewater to trolls is honey to flies

19. Remii

Remii Member

After reading edge rushers 1.0 and 2.0... I definitely would rather wait until the 2nd round and draft Jeremiah Attaochu instead of using a top 10 pick on Clowney or Mack.

Jeremiah has experience in the 3-4 and 4-3 defense (he already knows how to play standing up) and is practically equally good on the left and right side.

But it's plenty of OLB prospects in this draft. Christian Jones is another guy and he can play OLB/ILB. Ryan Shazier fits that mold as well. "Two Birds One Stone" type players.

Clowney and Mack are just as questionable as Johnny, Blake, and Teddy. The Texans could roll the dice on a quarterback in the 1st round if they want to and probably wouldn't end up being upset at all about passing on Clowney or Mack.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Isn't it almost time for the 3.0 thread? I want to change my pick.:confused: