1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2014 NBA Playoffs: Chicago Bulls(4) vs Washington Wizards(5)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Orange, Apr 16, 2014.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Apr 20, 2014.
  1. Chicago in 4(sweep)

4 vote(s)
    3.6%
  2. Chicago in 5

20 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Chicago in 6

44 vote(s)
    40.0%
  4. Chicago in 7

18 vote(s)
    16.4%
  5. Washington in 4(sweep)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Washington in 5

1 vote(s)
    0.9%
  7. Washington in 6

16 vote(s)
    14.5%
  8. Washington in 7

7 vote(s)
    6.4%
  1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

If DRose isn't healthy next year, the Bulls should just start over.

2. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

This series for all intents and purposes is over. Teams that go up 2-0 win a series over 90% of the time, but there's obviously the small chance Chi comes back.

This is the main problem for JVG and Thibodeaux coached teams: They play with 100% effort in the regular season and have no extra gear that they can kick it in during the playoffs when other teams elevate their level of play. Not even a fluke game from DJ Augustin could overcome that. Also, look at DPOY Noah, getting owned by NeNe. This is a byproduct of the JVG/Thibs style of coaching.

Now the Rockets are in the exact same position. Will they pull a Chicago or step up like all the other higher seeds that lost the first game on their home floor?

The Bulls were sagging off of Wall and daring him to shoot. He didn't have his jumper tonight. The coach made the right decision going to NeNe and Ball and using Wall as a decoy.

Nice, great minds think alike...all posted at the same time.

3. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

No kneejerk, but I think the Wiz might actually be the biggest challenge for the Heat. The 2 bigs provide a ton of problems, plus John Wall can roast Chalmers. The last game they played was against the Heat scrubs, but the time before that in WAS, the Wiz were up by like 40 at one point in the game, and everyone played (at least Bron and Bosh, not sure about Wade).

4. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Seeing Greg Smith in that Bull's huddle is just sad. Wow

5. t_mac1

Just stop. Heat will coast in the playoffs too. And they'll be blown out in game 1 in the Finals b/c no team will prep them for the pressure they'll face in the Finals.

6. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I'm a Heat fan and have watched just about every game this season. I don't think they're gonna coast for **** this playoffs. They just aren't as good as the last 2 years. Hope I'm wrong though.

7. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

I don't see the Heat coasting in the playoffs , they still have to show up big vs Nets/Raptors and Pacers/ Wiz and others.

8. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

^^^ and prep them for the Finals pressure? If they get there, I'm pretty sure there is no prepping needed as they have plenty enough Finals experience from the past 3 years. If anything they'll be even more locked in bc the goal they've been 'coasting' for all year will be that much closer.

9. UtilityPlayer

UtilityPlayer Member

Yep , the days of the Heat coasting don't exist anymore. They have to hope Wade's health is there in order for them even make the finals.

10. clippy

clippy Member

The Heat will make the Finals and the only thing keeping them from the threepeat will be the fatigue of being there 4x in a row. The West will be a bloodbath this year so whoever represents is gonna be beatdown.

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yikes, didn't see this coming.

Good for Wall, glad to see him finally having some sucsess this season, with becoming a allstar and now hopefully making it out of the first round.

Another thing, if Bulls get knocked out the first round, and the rockets make it to the seond or conference finals, it could help our chances with getting Melo possibly.

I know that's a stretch, by every angle, but still possible.

12. t_mac1

Spurs can beat the Heat. Heat are praying someone is knocking out the Spurs, preferably OKC.

13. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not even close. The West might be a blood bath, but the team that emerges will take down Miami or whatever comes out of the East. The Heat's lack of size is their Achilles Heel. In addition to the best teams, the talented bigs reside in the West. C'mon.....fatigue of being there four times in a row?
    And the idea of whoever comes out of the west being "beatdown" is ludicrous.
    The West has numerous teams that cause matchup problems for Miami.
    The NBA champs will come out of the West.

14. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

You guys said the same thing the past 2 years.

15. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Also, even though I'm personally not as confident this year, there's a reason why Vegas made the Heat 9/5 favorites to win it all... even better than last season's 2/1 (#1 seed overall and 27 game win streak)

16. Mr. Space City

not if it's the thunder.

the thunder don't have any big men that can give miami problems

17. clippy

clippy Member

Well that is probably due to the fact that last year winning the East wasn't a given.

Also, I didn't mean that the Heat would "beatdown" whoever played them. I meant that those teams would be "beatdown" (or worn out) from the previous grueling series. I don't think it'd be unthinkable for OKC/SAS/LAC to beat MIA, but even though they'd all have HCA, I wouldn't say they'd be the favorite. Well, maybe SAS would be depending on what happened in the WCF.

18. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Nene > Dwight
    at least on offense
    and when healthy

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Watching some highlights of the game; who knew Nene had such a nice shot from midrange?

20. t_mac1

No, you need bigs AND strong PG play (their 2 biggest weakness). Bigs alone won't beat the Heat. Hence the Spurs are the ideal team (Duncan and Parker).