1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Teddy Bridgewater

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Old Man Rock, Feb 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

HaHa... that's laughable. I'm a Teddy fan but if it's on the film I won't deny it. Trevon didn't do crap against Bridgewater. Bridgewater embarassed him. And it wasn't because of great players it was inspite of them. His recievers dropped at least 5 easy catchable passes that game. And Trevon is lucky they did or he would have looked even more sucky. He got beat bad on a long perfect spiral to Parker that he is lucky wasn't a TD he missed tackles and mostly was a non factor in that game. I guess he was embarrassed.

On the other hand he played well against Bortles. He had a nice interception albeit Bortles telegraphed it and a few other nice plays. Storm Johnson was storming downfield and Bortles through a stupid 7 yard telegraphed int to Trevon. maybe that was the highligh of his year and he wants to make it seem even better by saying Bortles is better but the film don't lie. Bortles has a better line and a better running back and Bridgewater looked better. It's in the video. And Trevon doesn't want to watch it because it's embarrassing. But that int against Bortles is probably on loop in his dorm room. Ha ha funny Trevon.

The sad thing is if one reporter watched the film they would see it was BS. But no one does. Instead they repeat it ad Nauseum because it gets hits and is more newsworthy even if it's not true.

2. Remii

Remii Member

There's no hope for Atlanta. The Saints drafted a good safety in the 1st round last year and they signed one of the best safeties in the league this off-season and with Carolina on the rise and Lovie now in Tampa (and that defense has some talent)... If you feel sorry for Atlanta now wait until next year.

If the Texans want to draft a defensive player they should trade back twice. We already have a 1st and 2nd round OLB on this roster. We need a DT, DE, DB (corner and or safety), and a ILB... They can get a OLB in a later round. This draft is full of them.

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

The Saints also have Cameron Jordan, who beasted last year.

I think that division will be one of the most competitive next year, obviously, not all of those teams can make the playoffs but if Atlanta stays healthy, especially on offense I believe they can contend.

I disagree. Our defense isn't suited for a playmaking DE like JJ Watt, that's why I'm worried about how well he and it will conform to each other. But an outside linebacker like Khalil can be a true gamechanger, in the likes of a Von Miller.

The positions you mentioned can easily be drafted in the later rounds, especially DT as you mentioned in the Cluthcfans Mock Draft thread. I know you recall that.

4. Remii

Remii Member

Nix, Pryor, Dix, Donald, Gilbert, Dennard, Hageman, Jernigan, Roby, Mosley _ It may be a pro bowl caliber player(s) in that group which helps the defense just as much if not more and could end up being just as good if not better at their position than Clowney/Mack will be at theirs... Plus we get more picks.

And I like Mack. But you have to take under consideration that he played against weak opponents (Von played against stronger competition and I really don't think Mack has his speed). It was a first time starter he was going against in the Ohio St game. We have to remember that. I'd rather take Jeremiah Attaochu over Clowney and Mack and he probably can be had in the 2nd if they just want to draft an OLB early.

Yeap. I remember our mock. I drafted Trevor Reilly in the 4th. And I think Trent Murphy went in the 3rd or 4th. Look at Murphy's numbers and check out some of his tape and tell me you're not impressed. OLB's and receiver are the most fluid positions with talent in this draft IMO.

And I'm not worried about J.J... Richard Sherman did great under Romeo.

5. Remii

Remii Member

You're picking on one kid when more than one kid on the defense seems to have the same opinion.

"The week before facing Bridgewater, the Coogs held UCF quarterback Blake Bortles to 17-24 passing and 210 yards with no touchdown passes and one interception. Despite his struggles, every member of the Coogs defense we talked to raved about the intelligence of Bortles."

So are you going to jump on all of those defensive players...??? Those kids are good and for someone who always likes to tell people to watch the tape you can't try to discredit these kids opinions because they were actually on the field and faced both of the quarterbacks head up and seen them 1st hand. But maybe those guys don't know what they are talking about and you do.

And it's not the reporter's fault... He's just reporting.

6. Remii

Remii Member

Fixed

7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

That strength of competition crap is outplayed. Plenty of players offensive and defensive have shown that theie is no worse stigma to place on a player than them playing against weak competition.

Michael Strahan (TSU), Demarcus Ware (Troy), Terrell Suggs (Arizona State) maybe not to the extent of the former 2 but ASU isn't known as that big of a pro ball producing school. And don't make me bring out the list of other players who have succeeded especially QBs out of smaller programs.

Richard Seymour was a different player than Watt. But I'm gonna stay confident that they're gonna do the smart thing and free Watt to stay a playmaker instead of a hole plugger.

This draft has depth everywhere. Especially at the DE position, no reason to constrain yourself with team need now. This team has too many holes and not enough talent to draft for need. They need playmakers and are further away from contending than anything.

8. Old Man Rock

Who do you believe the defensive coordinator or some young kids on the field who have a hard time telling you what's going on from play to play. They can say what they want but I guarantee you they did not go back and watch the film. But that's okayI created a video for you so you don't have to listen to anyone else and you can judge for your self. Watch it and tell me where Bridgewater played dumb.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/x_avP4SZgls" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

oh lawd is that you with the audio commentary, Old Man Rock?

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, I feel like this whole Teddy Bridgewater nonsense will be hilarious in a few years.

11. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

You gotta remember these knuckleheads here are happy to pimp anything negative about Bridgewater that somebody else says without doing research themselves

Great Video and certainly on point

12. Old Man Rock

You don't recognize Bill O'Brien?

13. Remii

Remii Member

I said Mack was going against weak opponents as in OT's getting to start for the 1st time. Not just that he played in a weak conference.

I really like Mack but if Houston trades back with Atlanta _ Mack will probably already be gone. So if they stay at 6 and don't trade back again they'll probably draft an offensive player (QB or Offensive Lineman)... So unless they take Mack #1 _ he may not even be up for debating.

And with Jeremiah Attaochu, Dee Ford, Trent Murphy, Marcus Smith and plenty of other outside pass rushers/OLB's in the draft available after the 1st round just like Michael Strahan was... I wouldn't worry about it.

14. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He provided facts and evidence, and you provide nothing as usual just vague one line insults. Par the course.

15. Remii

Remii Member

It's not about taking the defensive coordinator's word over the kids and I didn't hear where the DC said which one was better so you can't really drag him into it. But those kids were the best in the nation at takeaways and shut down a lot of quarterbacks so you best believe they watch tape (and they could be repeating what they heard their coaching staff say behind closed doors as well). So you can't discredit what they say and dump on one of our hometown teams just to defend Teddy.

And I don't believe they said "Bridgewater played dumb" and or that he sucked... I didn't even mention Bridgewater. But they did say they think Blake is the better quarterback (that's what I was pointing out). That UH defense puts in hard work and their opinion shouldn't be laughed at. You have to just take that medicine and swallow it.

16. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

That's his whole philosophy, thats why I pay him no mind what so ever

17. Old Man Rock

You really didn't need to respond. I knew you wouldn't care about any video no matter how good it showed Bridgewater. But at least act like you watched it and comment on something he did wrong.

He wasn't flawless although he was clearly better than Bortles. Try that next time, it will make you look a little less foolish.

18. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

That video shows that TB has a long way to go...those drops, for the most part, have to do with either TB going to a receiver that is already blanketed...or rifling the ball when the receiver is only 10 yards away.

Lots of poor decisions and throws by TB in that video.

19. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I'd take TB over Bortles...but that's really not saying much. Manziel is the best QB in the class.

20. Old Man Rock

He only missed on 10 passes. 2 of the passes the guy was wide open and he dropped the ball. The other 2 misses were in tight coverage but they were catchable. One pass Parker slipped, another is batted down. Another pass was with less than 20 seconds in the half and he throws it to try to make something happen as he is being chased to the sideline. The next was the last play of the half and no one is open so he just throws it out of bounds.

None of those passes are bad decisions. That leaves 2 passes. One he threw over the middle and it was almost picked off, bad throw but if you watch he had 2 guys on top. The last miss was overthrown but again the pocket collapsed on him.

So you can say he is a bad decision maker under pressure but he threw more completions under pressure than he missed. And the Cougars did keep him under pressure. More than did Bortles and yet he outperformed Bortles. And the real point is he took what the defense gave him and did not make bad decisions like those guys claim and definitley played better than Bortles.

As for Manziel, I like him over Bortles to and I want him over any defensive player. I pick Bridgewater over manziel because what Bridgewater does transfers to the NFL better than Manziel. It doesn't mean manziel won't be successful. it's just that he's an enigma, a riddle innside a box that no one has ever seen before. He is the better college player but can he do what he did best against the NFL. He is so unique that I have to believe it is possible but I don't know; and anyone who says they do is full of it. So that's the reasoning for me. And yeah I get with Bridgewaters flaws this offseason he is a risk too. But for me it's the film that keeps me in the Bridgewater camp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.