1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[bballbreakdown] Trail Blazers vs. Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Karolik, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with W22. I really don't think this guy is as much as an expert as people think.

For instance - he questions the early shots Harden takes in the shot clock. Saying with 3 minutes left we should use shot clock. I disagree there. Our offensive philosophy is to take early shots - because early shots have a higher percentage of going in. With a 7 point lead and 3:30 left, you can't afford to start playing differently than what got you that 7 point lead by using clock and lowering your chances to score. That can really backfire as well.

So I agree with McHale on that one.

The only thing that I think he really has a point on is the Parson on DL. That would make sense if Parsons could stay in front of him, but he breaks Parson down way to easily. Does anyone understand the rationale of that?

2. kastuul

kastuul Member

Apr 27 14pts+2reb+1ast eff 11
    Apr 29 18+4+3 eff 14
    May 1 20+4+3 eff 17
    May 3 17+7+8 eff 23

Above is Reggie Jackson's stats against Bev. in last season Playoffs.
    Opponents get used to aggressive D if they are not forced to play D.

3. MikeMania

MikeMania Member

The problem is those 3's he took were not clean looks. 3:30 left , and up by 7, you absolutely play differently. How many of the previous possesions that got us there were contested 3's? Jeremy's lay ins, Dwight's tip in, Harden's attack for the and-1? Burn some clock against a fast breaking Portland team, and run a decent play. The 3 ball also is a lot harder to get a offensive rebound when your best rebounder is in the paint.

4. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

HAHA, you are a funny guy. I don't like this guy, and find that he has a punchable face. Got a problem with that? Too bad. You can't do anything about it. :p:grin::cool:

Propaganda? Prejudice? HAHA, If so, so be it. And it certainly isn't any worse than all the bulls*** this guy puts out there on a regular basis. I don't like this guy as a coach, and despises him even more as a person. To match the level of "propaganda" and "prejudice" this guy pulls out of his a** on a regular basis against certain players, such as Russell Westbrook and Kobe Bryant, I'd probably have to write a book or two and also dedicate a few YouTube videos on bashing them, using all my energy and time, like this douche "coach" does.

This scumbag of a "coach" is not balanced, extremely negative without good reason, prejudiced against certain players, biased towards others, very shallow in his "analysis", and overall has a personal agenda on his videos more than anything else. He also comes off sounding like too much of a "try-hard" in asserting his "alpha-male" status. Compare this weirdo to real analysts like Jeff van Gundy or Hubie Brown, or any other TV basketball analyst you can think of. They are much more well-rounded, giving out praise where its due and handing out critique in a positive, constructive and informative manner. This "coach's" "analysis" is almost like listening to a guy on stage running stand-up comedy, except this guy's level of funnyness is negative.

Just because this guy currently has a monopoly over internet basketball analysis videos does not mean he is good or anywhere near it. Whether I have any underlying issues or not, it is totally within my right to critique him, and very deservedly so, given how this guy is only focussed on bashing players at any opportunity possible to boost his fragile ego, than to provide fair, well-rounded analysis.

5. haydenfisher342

ive been watching bballbreakdown since hes come out, and have always wanted to see him coach the rockets.

6. zawa

zawa Member

chill dog, no need to write an essay over how much you hate the guy

7. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Wasn't Mo Williams in the game? If Lin goes to Lillard (better matchup imo), then one of Harden or Parsons has to stay on Williams. With that said, I'd rather roll the dice with Williams killing us then Lillard.

#justmchalethings

8. Yohohoho

Yohohoho Member

Anyone else not able to stop noticing harden? So easy to spot. No motion blur.

9. Clarinetmonster

Only thing I can think of is that McHale is a delusional POF.:grin:

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG]

11. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Is Lin great or what.

12. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Does McHale read clutchfans?

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Umm.... I wouldn't go that far. I like that he breaks down a lot of Rockets game film, but I wouldn't buy every bit of knowledge this guy claims or seems to have about the game of basketball. I love that a site like his exists, but you have to realize that the guy is more of a fan than an actual esteemed NBA level coach.

But still... its nice to get some footage and another voice in the mix to break down the game play.

14. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

15. JackLordsHair

JackLordsHair Member

Harden w/ 22 seconds on the shot clock and 3:43 on the game clock chucks another wild ass 3 up that if he makes it he is a hero, if he misses again (like he did all game long) he gave them extra possessions and another opportunity to put Howard on the line (which they did). Hardens play last night was High Quality Suckage for about 75% of the time he was on the floor. Someone has to step up to him and get him to feel lower than whale **** about his garbage defensive effort and his quasi suc a** offensive effort last night... Sadly, I doubt that happnes.

16. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

It is my pleasure. :grin:

This guy dedicates entire channels on hating on people left and right. The least I could do was to be some(or a lot) hating myself. I couldn't have been more honoured. :grin:

17. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Btw delivering hate on douchebags and random r****ds like this "coach" is my job. It especially delights me to hate on this "coach" who have deceived some people around the internet basquetbol community to think he has some sort of credibility.

I would love to hate on this guy some more given the opportunity. :D

Hasta luego!

18. kastuul

kastuul Member

19. OremLK

OremLK Member

Anyone who says that the second half officiating favored the Rockets needs to watch this video. At most, the second half calls were even (but still bad), while the first half MASSIVELY favored Portland.

20. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

YoHOhoHOho!