1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 4/20/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 16, 2014.

1. pollaxt

pollaxt Contributing Member

Nope, but the ref made the deciding call on Dwight.

2. sn09

sn09 Member

This is a real kick in the balls. Not only do we have to piece everything back together and try and win game 2 ( much easier said than done), but then we have to head over to Portland and try and steal one in a very hostile environment. Things aren't looking great.

3. dianelo

dianelo Member

Don't do this please. Even as a Lin fan, I think Beverley has earned his starting spot.

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

Yeah, and the team that wins game one has a higher percentage of winning the series based on past history. I think it is somewhere near 60%. If LMA is going to score 48 per night, they may sweep us. Harden had a really "off" game shooting. The reputation of "stars" are made in the playoffs, so he needs to bounce back, and McHale needs a better strategy for containing LMA, like a double team.

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Props to Portland for fight hard in an opposing gym...that being said...what is the point of HCA if the refs feel like they must be overtly involved in the fcking game. Let the players on the court play...I felt the number of ticky tack fouls on both teams destroyed rhythm....and totally iced the hot team. The fact that they had 4 players foul out in a playoff game with 2 superstars just tells me that they are reffing too much and not letting the game be played. Like bogus ass techs for walking away from them.

6. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Delfino's injured. Dragic's team didn't make the playoffs. Lowry's team also lost.

7. ThisVoice

ThisVoice Member

WE LOST THIS GAME BECAUSE REF CALLED THE HOLD ON HOWARD WAS HIS FOUL. THESE REFs.....

8. Rocket_Man_2.0

Terrence Jones on Aldridge..SMH:(

9. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I love JVG but the a rods fired him why would he come back or they ask him back saying they failed?

10. Remix

Remix Member

Too worried about Beverly right now. Would of gladly took a loss in regulation to avoid his injury in OT

11. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

Asik needs to start and dmo needs to play, just for this series. Playoff basketball is about adjustments and jones can't guard lma at all

12. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

False

Nobody plays as hard as Beverley.

13. Shaud

Shaud Member

It should not have came down to that in the first place.

14. conquistador#11

in ot, harden looked a little tmacish against utah in game seven. where you knew he could get to the whole with ease but for some reason deer in headlights

15. Redrocketfuel

Redrocketfuel Member

Real talk...

16. bro2044

bro2044 Member

I don't understand why everyone is complaining about the refs,

I USUALLY complain about the refs, but there were a lot A LOT of calls in our favor that couldve gone either way. ALSO, there were bad calls on the Blazers too.

WE LOST this STUPIDGDDM game because Howard couldnt hit his freethrows, Lin had some BAD plays in the 4th, and Harden couldnt shoot straight. PLUS, Harden kept taking the stupidest shots, w t f????

I was so angry and let down that on the last play I was just sitting on my stairs, not even allowing any hope that we were going to take it. We had an 11-pt lead with less than 4min to play, and lost because of his Hack-A-Howard, which he will now use like all series. I stood up the entire 4th and overtime... but once that last Howard foul was called I just felt like it was over. What a phaking bummer. Yeh yeh, its just one game. Its a long series. Yada yada. No.

We just lost HCA, which we held so damn dear to us. All Portland needed tonight was Aldridge and Lillard and BAM, unstoppable. I don't even remember anybody else scoring really in the last hour of the stupid game. I can't believe we gave that away. I just can't believe we let it get it away.

17. yummyhawtsauce

I am so deflated right now...I can't believe we (and the team) have to wait till wednesday for the next game

18. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LMA owns the Rockets no one can guard him on this team

19. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Aldridge had an impossible game, Harden and Howard started slow, and Blazers had a 17-0 free throw advantage over Houston by half time.. I'm not too worried. They can't keep it up.

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

I get scared on inbounds plays in clutch moments. They are always just so awful and then you get bailed by a lucky shot