1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Favorite Cologne

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by what, Dec 3, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Bah! I wore it to work. Only sprayed it one time, but I could barely smell anything after a few minutes of driving my car. At the end of the day, I smell nothing. lol. Oh well, I'll try a couple of shots tomorrow. Maybe I got a bad batch. I really want to like this since it does smell pretty good ... while it's noticeable, anyway. :grin:

2. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Hmmm that doesn't make sense, especially since it's an EDP (they didn't mistakenly send you the EDT, did they?). I go 3 sprays on this one before going out and it's enough to still smell the next morning... I remember the first time I was just trying it out at home I did 5 shots and nearly choked myself out. :eek:

3. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I wanna try that, what's the running price going on it?

4. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

5. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

^^^ also, I prefer the EDP to the EDT... and for a difference of ~$7, it's a no brainer.

6. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I just bought it. I hate you btw.

7. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

LOL. Even if I absolutely HATED it, I'd say the bottle is aesthetic enough to warrant that price just to display in the collection. I think the most similar comparison would be Bulgari Black without the weird rubber note. Also has a somewhat similar feel (not necessarily smell) as Dior Homme/Dior Homme Intense. If you like any of those, you'll like MiP.

8. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

oh and it should especially shine in the colder weather the next few months... damn I should really get around to contributing so I can edit rather than having all these multiple posts

9. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Got to try the new Dior Homme Eau for Men at Macy's. Initial impressions were that it's pretty damn good. Opens a lot like the original Dior Homme, then becomes sort of a mix between DH and Dior Homme Sport, drying down to a mixture of all 3 with a hint of something fresher like A&F Fierce. Lasting power was very impressive as well. Will be picking up a big bottle of this next time I'm at Macy's.

10. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Anything new? How did that MIP turn out for you DudeWah?

Pure Malt is rapidly moving up my list of favorites.

11. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I don't really use cologne that often but I got some Polo RED for christmas and that stuff is like a gift from God... Im starting to think i used to stink, lol, because people are always complimenting me on how good I smell now.

12. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I liked it. Never got around to repping you for that. It has a slightly leathery tone to it that adds that seductive persona almost.

My only gripe is that I kind of almost feel like it's a bit light. But that might just be me, i'm not sure.

I think I'm going to actually be taking a break from cologne for a while :grin:

I need to get through some of the ones I have.

I was in a department store the other day though and saw a new (i say that relatively) Bvlgari. I think it was called Aqva Amara? It was orange/gold. Smelled really nice. And I'm really big into Bvlgari so I may end up picking it up.

I also tried (I think it's new) Ferragamo Acqua Essenziale. Smelled like literally every other fresh aquatic smelling cologne lol. But still very nice regardless.

13. Relentless

Relentless Member

14. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Cool, glad to hear you liked it. I'm almost in the same boat as far as taking a break from buying... just a few more on my list (Virgin Island Water, Millesime Imperial, Oud Wood) and I should be set for a while. It's already starting to warm up here in NorCal, so getting any more winter scents now would be a waste. We'll see how that actually works out though :rolleyes:

I tried Aqva Amara on a test strip recently... the opening was really nice, but I wasn't a huge fan of the drydown. To be fair, I need to do a skin test before deciding on it. Strongly recommend trying the Dior Homme Eau for Men at Macy's though... well, actually, maybe don't. Because you WILL end up buying it, it's that good.

15. DPGMD83

DPGMD83 New Member

I was heavy into Mont Blanc early in college back in 2002-2003 and the two I had were excellent. Im desperately trying to finish some of my old ones to make room for some new scents. Xeryus (Givenchy) is taking forever to go and it smells so strong I cant over spray

16. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Monthly bump. Picked up a 500ml flacon of Creed Millesime Imperial for the upcoming spring/summer months. So hnnnnnnnnng. Anything new here cologne brahs?

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Anybody ever tried this stuff? Its better than the air jordans!!

On a serious note, this stuff is so bad that not only does it smell terrible, I got a bad allergic reaction to it the one time I used it...

18. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Yeah that **** is groce. Surprisingly, MJ actually does make ONE decent cologne - Legend. It's an inexpensive knock-off of Bond No. 9's New Haarlem. Not bad at all for 12 bucks.

19. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

For fans of Thierry Mugler...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Knowing the Mugler line, one spritz and the entire floor is going to smell like a lumber yard. :grin:

I have Pure Malt and it's ok, nothing great. I have a spray sample of Pure Havane (apparently the new formulation) and it smells a lot like Pure Malt to me with a bit of tobacco thrown in. I think I like Pure Havane more. I give this new one a try once it comes out.