1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Teddy Bridgewater

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Old Man Rock, Feb 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Pulling arguments out of my butt? Let's see what Walter Football thinks about Teddy just for fun

Teddy Bridgewater Scouting Report

Weaknesses:
    Good, but not great, skill set
    Is prone to throwing the ball late
    Should improve ball placement
    Inconsistent accuracy
    Should improve footwork
    Slight frame
    Can he maintain weight?
    Decent, but not a powerful, arm
    Balls can flutter downfield
    Takes sacks
    Not a dual-threat

Player Comparison: Sam Bradford. Bradford (6-4, 230) is significantly bigger than Bridgewater, but they have a similar style of play. They are pocket passers who can move when they have to. When both quarterbacks are playing well, they can be deadly as pocket passers. Bridgewater could have some consistency issues like Bradford has had, and Bridgewater's size could also lead to durability problems like Bradford. Bradford went with the first-overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft. Bridgewater should go early, but not that early.

Does that list of "weaknesses" look familiar? It's fairly similar to the things I've been saying isn't it?

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You really have people blocked??? I thought you were just kidding:eek:. That's odd. And Remmi is on your side.:confused:

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'd be willing to bet he blocked me after I criticized his pubescent use of "SMH"
    here earlier.

seriously..SMH. really? are we at the effing mall?

4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Wow, I just read Kiper's latest mock. He has the Texans taking Bridgewater with the first pick!

of the second round

5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Yeah..i saw that while out for lunch. I'd be thrilled. That would be amazing. I seriously doubt Teddy will be on the board that long. But if they don't take that chance on him if he is, they're idiots.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I have 3 or 4 people blocked most were just true trolls that added nothing to the conversation but personal attacks Remmi got added to that list once I realized he was nothing but a contrarian who didn't actually believe anything he was saying. Take any issue, he'll look for an outlier take and then attempt to defend it. If others join in on that "side" he'll alter his position to a less popular one and then try to defend it. I'm not wasting time with someone like that.

7. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I'd dance in the street naked.

8. Remii

Remii Member

Just about everyone does that...

No I'm not... I hear people say Big Texxx is a racist but I'm not sure he is, but Bobby is DEFINITELY a racist. He had a fit because a black guy couldn't handle a white guy calling him the N word. Just go look at the rage he displays in the Jonathon Martin thread.

9. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

That's what you got from that. My point was very clear, go read and watch what people who are trained have to say. You won't do it and instead you post multiple times am I trained. If I was trained would it change your opinion. Countless times I and others have posted opinions about trained experts and it hasn't changed anything.

After I pointed Ben Fennell and Brett Kollman's articles where they raved about Bridgewater you ignored them and said you valued my opinion more that theirs. These are guys that get paid to watch film by the NFL and you value my opinion more? Do you even read what you write.

Someone posted an article on Bleacher report, yeah it's Bleacher report but they do have legitimate writers on there now and Cian Fahey is one of them. Fahey writes why Teddy Bridgewater is still the top quarterback in very detailed analysis with video to back up every point. Watch that. If you do not come away with a higher opinion of him than you are absolutely stuck in Bigtexx's point 2 or something worse.

So even though you said I am not trained and then said you trust my opinion more than some who are trained I get it doesn't matter. I know you will not change and I know you do not agree. So I won't argue with you about this anymore for now.

Frankly I don't give a damn what you and other think. It's the same people stuck in their opinions rehashing the same BS over and over again. I lean towards drafting Bridgewater. I will be a little disappointed if we draft Clowney because I really think we need a QB so bad and Unlike you I do not believe we can get a better QB in the second round.

If the Texans draft Manziel I will be okay with that. It will be fun to see what he does. But I still think Bridgewater is the better choice. I hope if the Texans do draft Bridgewater you are not to sick over it. He is really not as bad as you think. So until then adios.

10. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

It's funny you bring up Walter Footbal to back your argument. Who do you think these weaknesses apply to:

Weaknesses:
    Inconsistent motor
    Took plays off, especially in 2012 season
    Lackadaisical work ethic in conditioning
    Can he handle the pressure?
    How will he respond to money?

Also from Walter Football. One's you keep saying you have debunked that tired trope or whatever you call it.

11. Old Man Rock

The thing is Mel Kiper has one of the worst Mock Drafts year in and year out. And the only thing that stops it from even being more terrible is that the last few days before the draft he gets leaks and hears strong rumors and adjust accordingly. His mock draft is so irrelevant.

12. bigtexxx

In your opinion, are you more knowledgeable than Mel Kiper regarding the draft?

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not claiming that Walter Football is accurate, I just picked a random place I knew I could get a quick scouting report, I'm pointing out that I'm not "pulling arguments out of my butt". If someone came with those criticisms on Clowney, I'd argue they were wrong not that they are pulling arguments out of their butt.

14. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Bridgewater is the best QB in this draft that I have seen. And I've watched all of the top guys.

Maybe there's some sleeper in there I haven't seen. I like Brett Smith out of Wyoming, but only as a late round or UDFA development type player. He's basically Manziel lite..but probably a little faster.

Really it comes down to three QB's that I'd be ok with taking in the first two rounds.

1) Bridgewater
    2) Manziel
    3) Carr

Carr has the best arm that I've seen on film. Good athlete, but he played in a gimmicky offense so I'm not sure what he can do in a pro style offense like BOB likes to run. But he has elite level tools. I don't care about who his brother is either.

I'm not a Bortles fan really. I mean...If he was there in the second I'd maybe be ok with him. But I don't want him anywhere in the first round.

I like a lot of things about Manziel, but there are a bunch of things I don't like.

To me, Bridgewater is the best fit for this offense and the best QB. A lot of people are dropping him based on everything that has happened since they stopped playing football. You see this every year...Good football players that had good tape and showed ability on the field falling because of workouts, or not making eyes pop...And then you see guys that maybe had OK tape but showed well in workouts rising...

Then you end up with these huge busts and good football players being picked up later in the draft.

15. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

I pulled up Manziels to see his weaknesses and agree with most (off field issues I do not have a problem with though). All the other stuff seems to be things he can work on and improve, especially if BOB is the QB guru people claim he is. As I think he will be a special player, I think he is worth the risk. My biggest concern would be durability.

If we stay at 1 I'm hoping for JFF, but would be ok with Clowney. Unfortunately I feel (for some odd reason) the Texans are deciding between Clowney and Bortles, the name I do not want to hear called at 1.

16. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Everyone is more knowledgeable than Mel Kiper regarding the draft. It's been proven.

17. Old Man Rock

I don't know. To be fair it's almst impossible to do a mock draft 7 rounds and watch every player. And I haven't done that. So I would say no. But I am much more knowledgeable about the QB's. I have watched everything I could find on Bortles Bridgewater and Manziel. I have watched a lot on Carr and Metlenb%#g. I have watched Logan Thomas, Garrapolo , McCarron and even some stuff on a kid from Wyoming. And I have gone back multiple times and watched again. I watched pro days on Manziel and Bridgewater. I watched Gruden's QB camp for manziel and Bridgewater. I have read everything I can from people he seem like they have done some real homework.

I won't say I am smarter or smarter about football than Kiper but I will say I have done much more homework about the qb's than he has. I can tell you that this kid Smith from wyoming is very mobile and very accurate and has good pocket presence. He is very raw and needs a lot of work but in some ways he reminds me of a more controlled Johnny Manziel with less speed. I would draft him in the 3rd round and maybe even late second. You won't hear that from Kiper because he just doesn't know. He hasn't watched him or not as much as me. So in that sense I do not think I am boasting to say I know more about the QB's than him.

18. bigtexxx

hint:

This...

is not proven by this...

sorry but I laugh when you say you know more about QBs than Kiper. He's been doing this for decades.

19. Old Man Rock

I tell you what if Bridgewater goes in the second round I will come on here and admit I am an idiot and if he goes in the first round you come on here and admit you and Mel Kiper are idiots. Let the clock begin.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly even if he goes in the first round, you could still be way off base about him. The only real way to know for sure is to check back in 3 or 4 years to see if whatever team drafts him is looking for another QB. He could go #1 overall and you could be completely wrong about him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.